Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

Goofyernmost

That all said, I still don't think that they have given him the power to stop it's removal if TDO wants it gone. He is a Creative Advisor which means his opinion is listened too. However, it does not necessarily mean that they do whatever he wants. I'm thinking that TSL wouldn't have been cut back in the manner that it was, if they were concerned about what he thinks.

Brer Oswald

That all said, I still don't think that they have given him the power to stop it's removal if TDO wants it gone. He is a Creative Advisor which means his opinion is listened too. However, it does not necessarily mean that they do whatever he wants. I'm thinking that TSL wouldn't have been cut back in the manner that it was, if they were concerned about what he thinks.
That's true. However, Toy Story is HIS baby. If they would give him control over any project, it would be that one. Keep in mind that they wouldn't even be making TSL without him.

Brer Oswald

I agree that he should have been in charge, it's just not surprising to me that he isn't. Just part of the way large corporations like Disney work.
Honestly, these days Walt Disney Imagineering just keeps making one nonsensical decision after the other. They need some structure to make logical and creative decisions. Anyways, what I said originally wasn't meant to be taken as fact, when I asked the cast member, he just told me what John Lasseter and his team of imagineers said. I quite frankly found it weird that the CM said anything at all on the subject matter.

FigmentJedi

That's true. However, Toy Story is HIS baby. If they would give him control over any project, it would be that one. Keep in mind that they wouldn't even be making TSL without him.

In their mind Lasseter already used all his political clout to get Cars Land built.

Yeah, Cars is John's real baby. Cars 2 was percolating in his mind pretty much immediately after Cars 1 came out because he kept imagining wacky shenanigans for Mater to get into while on the international press tour for the movie. Cars Land was originally just going to be a normal Route 66 themed area with the Cars stuff amounting to just Radiator Springs Racers, but John wanted them to go all in on recreating Radiator Springs to the tiniest detail.

Cars is also the only one of Pixar's movies to have an appointed "Franchise Story Guardian" to maintain continuity across all spinoffs and tie-ins. That's right, in John's mind, Cars continuity is as important as that of Star Wars even though we have never been given an explanation for how a world ruled entirely by vehicles even works and we won't be getting an answer anytime soon.

Brer Oswald

Yeah, Cars is John's real baby. Cars 2 was percolating in his mind pretty much immediately after Cars 1 came out because he kept imagining wacky shenanigans for Mater to get into while on the international press tour for the movie. Cars Land was originally just going to be a normal Route 66 themed area with the Cars stuff amounting to just Radiator Springs Racers, but John wanted them to go all in on recreating Radiator Springs to the tiniest detail.

Cars is also the only one of Pixar's movies to have an appointed "Franchise Story Guardian" to maintain continuity across all spinoffs and tie-ins. That's right, in John's mind, Cars continuity is as important as that of Star Wars even though we have never been given an explanation for how a world ruled entirely by vehicles even works and we won't be getting an answer anytime soon.
This post actually made me laugh! :hilarious::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom