1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Walt Disney Movie?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney: The Man Behind the Mouse' started by moconnell57, Apr 6, 2011.

1. moconnell57

moconnell57 Active Member

Will the Walt Disney ever make a movie about the life of Walt? I think it could be a great movie when done right. Theconly thing would be who would play Walt?

2. brinneydee

brinneydee Active Member

I'd love to see a movie about Walt Disney... It would be really interesting.

I'd rather them get an unknown actor to play Walt... God knows if I saw someone like Robert Pattinson in the role, I'd have to shoot the screen.

AllydoesDisney and mouselover321 like this.
  3. Silver Figment

Silver Figment Active Member

Interesting idea, could be very good if done right, or just a film documentary on his life.

4. ajt5027

ajt5027 Member

Because Walt is the namesake of the Walt Disney Corporation, I have a feeling that this would be a very hard movie to get endorsed by the company and Diane.

That being said it would be awesome to see a Walt Disney biopic. I think Ryan Gossling, Casey Affleck or Adrian Brody would be perfect for the role. And depending on the context, maybe Daniel Day-Lewis.

mouselover321 likes this.
  5. Thrill Seeker

Thrill Seeker Well-Known Member

Ralph Fiennes... Give him a mustache and he looks pretty similar to Walt Disney. I think a realistic biopic may happen someday, the question is if the Walt Disney Company will release it or not. If done right, I think it could rake in the Oscars.

Also, I think the title should be either The Walt Disney Story or One Man's Dream.

AllydoesDisney likes this.
  6. moconnell57

moconnell57 Active Member Original Poster

They could do one actor playing him in his early years, Adrien Brody, And then change the actor as he starts to age. Im thinking Daniel Day-Lewis would absolutley own this part. Hes such a great actor.

7. radiohost

radiohost Active Member

Look at Johnny Depp in his early 20's and Walt in his early 20's.....

Yeah....

8. walterdisney

walterdisney Member

awesome!

i think that a movie about walt would be a great ideal especially now... many children/teens go to Walt Diseny World without even knowing who walt is... i think it would be a great way to get the word out!:kiss::wave::p

9. Mickeygirlie

Mickeygirlie Member

I saw a special on CNBC last week that his daughter made of Walt. It was great & very touching.

10. disbest

disbest New Member

The Man Behind the Myth

I believe I saw the same show. It was 2 hours that took you through his entire life. It was called "Walt: The Man behind the Myth". It was produced by Pantheon Studios for the Walt Disney Family Foundation. It was an excellent documentary.

11. Kirk88

Kirk88 Active Member

I think a movie about Walt would be great. As far as an actor to play him, it would have to be someone who guenuinely respects the role and can appreciate it. Ryan Reynolds seems like a good fit for some reason. Like Walt, he really seems to be a kid at heart.

12. ZaneB

ZaneB Active Member

I love that movie! My mum gave it to me for Christmas 5 years ago and I think I have seen it 50+ times. EVERYONE MUST SEE IT!

mouselover321 likes this.
  13. pumpkin7

pumpkin7 Well-Known Member

uhmmm...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1...&w=402&h=402&ei=TcgFUNCgEMOx0AXXvK3uBw&zoom=1

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1...w=169&start=0&ndsp=48&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:76

can't qouite see it personally. but still.

another vote here for that documentary. absolutally fabulous. although, i've seen a comment on these here boards which said 'it is sad to think that a lot of the people who are in that documentary are now dead.'

14. steviej

steviej Well-Known Member

I know it's already posted in another post, but Tom Hanks is gonna play Walt in a movie about the making of Mary Poppins

15. pluto13

pluto13 Well-Known Member

A movie about this great man would be amazing. He has brought us everything we love an know as Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. EpcotCenter82

EpcotCenter82 Member

It's titled "Saving Mr. Banks" and will be released this year, December 20, 2013!

mouselover321 and MOXOMUMD like this.