News Walt Disney Imagineering to launch new series 'We Call It Imagineering'

Gusey

It's also great to see what they are currently working on. Does anyone know how often a new episode will be out or will it be a random episode drop?

Eric Graham

If I'm not mistaken, they offer a bigger glimpse on the first episode of the animatronics involved in Tiana which was mentioned on WDW Magic. Haven't watched it though...

Last edited:

Gusey

A couple of things I noticed in the first episode that teases future projects Imagineering is working on:
The Candleman figure in the background behind the arm (Mandalorian's?)
We Call It Imagineering Candle Man.png

The SEA pinboard has a new group photo (brand new members), a blueprint for Western SEA Headquarters and a map showing SEA at all 6 Disney Resorts (Shanghai and Disneyland Paris currently have no SEA representation)
We Call It Imagineering SEA Board.png

A Strange focus on Alien?
We Call It Imagineering Alien.png

We Call It Imagineering Alien2.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A couple of things I noticed in the first episode that teases future projects Imagineering is working on:
The Candleman figure in the background behind the arm (Mandalorian's?)
View attachment 777840
The SEA pinboard has a new group photo (brand new members), a blueprint for Western SEA Headquarters and a map showing SEA at all 6 Disney Resorts (Shanghai and Disneyland Paris currently have no SEA representation)
View attachment 777841
A Strange focus on Alien?
View attachment 777842

View attachment 777843
That last picture is "Allen" not Alien, as in Allen Set type screws. Nothing exciting there, unless you like Allen screws.

04-01032.jpg

Gusey

That last picture is "Allen" not Alien, as in Allen Set type screws. Nothing exciting there, unless you like Allen screws.

04-01032.jpg
Oh, did think it weird to have a drawer for Alien Set Screws. The first Alien pic is still odd unless they decided to do a video on Alien Encounter?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oh, did think it weird to have a drawer for Alien Set Screws. The first Alien pic is still odd unless they decided to do a video on Alien Encounter?
Not really weird to have a drawer like this in a mechanical/machine shop. These type of screws are used all the time in mechanical systems, so makes sense for WDI to have drawers for them.

I know that some like to find clues in everything Disney puts out. But this probably is just the old book for Alien Encounter, just like it looks like the old book for Indiana Jones Adventure at DL two books to the left, nothing to see here in my opinion.

V_L_Raptor

Ehhh, Josh D'Amaro, I could take or leave. (I don't think the guy would know a strong animatronic show if it punched him out in the parking lot, but that's for happy hour.) Still, there's a part of me that wonders if maybe there is a bit more editorial leeway they're hoping to enjoy by releasing on YouTube as opposed to D+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom