Walt Disney Company Dividend

James123

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Just wanted to update everyone on the state of Disney. I currently own 23,891 shares of Disney. I got my dividend check today (12/27/01) in the amount of $5,017.11. The dividend was a disappointing $0.21 per share. Ironically, when I checked the closing price of the stock today it was up 0.4000 and closed at an even $21.00. Therefore the dividend was an even 01% of the stock value as of today. Not a bad deal in light of recent events. Now don't misunderstand me, in that I do not recommend anyone to buy into the stock market at this time. I personally got rid of every stock I had (except Disney) back in January, 2000 and I don't intend to return to stocks until the market turns around. I only kept the Disney stock because I bought most of it in the late 1970's when the price was low and before Eisner became CEO and I get some perks when I visit the parks. So, I think I'm just going to use the money to buy another 238 shares and hope that Disney animation gets back on it's feet before the Pixar contract runs out. Also see that attached link:

http://www.fortune.com/indexw.jhtml?channel=artcol.jhtml&doc_id=205839

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom