Walt Before Mickey -

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster

For ten years before the creation of Mickey Mouse, Walt Disney struggled with, failed at, and eventually mastered the art and business of animation. Most biographies of his career begin in 1928, when Steamboat Willie was released. That first Disney Studio cartoon with synchronized sound made its main character--Mickey Mouse--an icon for generations.

http://waltbeforemickey.com

Livialovesdisney

Wow, this looks really good! The trailer gave me chills. It looks really dramatic and you see a less happy side to Walt Disney, and a very real never give up on your dreams story. I can't wait to see this. When is it set to release?

I like how we are seeing more movies with Walt Disney as a main character, like the recent "Saving Mr. Banks". :)

Skip

Yikes... I don't know. The acting in that was pretty rough at points, and the cinematography/staging looked a bit boring. There's definitely a feature in this story, but not sure this team was best equipped to handle it.

Was this Disney authorized at all? Surprised they let this go without a fight.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
Yikes... I don't know. The acting in that was pretty rough at points, and the cinematography/staging looked a bit boring. There's definitely a feature in this story, but not sure this team was best equipped to handle it.

Was this Disney authorized at all? Surprised they let this go without a fight.

It's based on a book that Diane Disney Miller wrote the forward for. The quality does look rough to me too. It hasn't been in any film festivals either that I can see.

Livialovesdisney

I didn't really think it looked rough but just really dramatic! And what threw me off was seeing Jon Heder, because I just can't take him seriously after seeing him in Blades of Glory and The Benchwarmers, etc. I look at him as a comedic actor and it is hard to see him in a project like this, haha!! I didn't really recognize most of the other actors

216bruce

It has one of the sisters (Jodie Sweetin) from "Full House" in it along with John Heder.
I just hope it's a little more polished than "As Dreamers Do". That was, um, shaky.

champdisney

The actor portraying Walt in this film is Thomas Ian Nicholas. Known for starring in Rookie of the Year, A Kid in Aladdin's Palace... and let's not forget American Pie. ;)

It'll be interesting to see if he can be convincing portraying a young Walt Disney as Tom Hanks was in Saving Mr. Banks. Even though Hanks portrayed an already highly successful Walt, it was still convincing. I actually saw through the Tom Hanks image and really believed he was Walt, that's how great his performance was. Hopefully Nicholas can capture that same magic, hopefully.

BuddyThomas

I don't know if this thing ever got the planned November 2014 release or if they stuck it on the shelf, but my moviefone app is telling me that it is getting a limited release starting this Friday. If it has been held back for so long, that doesn't bode well.....argh.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3154310/

Last edited:

216bruce

Premiering at the AMC in WDW I believe. Supposedly has a limited theatrical release in "select theaters"and will soon be on dvd after the theatrical run is over. In other words...soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom