Wallpaper Contest #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

alee4eva

I must say I've truly been enjoying looking at these wallpaper entries. Although I'm completely technologically inept!! But, they really are soo cool, I keep checking this thread to see when the new entries are posted. Hehe, and I'm using one for my background now.. Thanks guys :sohappy:

CrashNet

Okay Okay

I have been watching the past four wallpaper contests and now this new one. I HAVE TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!:lol: My reason for not putting in an entry before is because of classes and finals. So...here is my entry. I was a little innovative an put something sneeky in. See if you notice it. (Its very obvious)

Attachments

• final.gif
    final.gif
    569.7 KB · Views: 155

CrashNet

*sniff*

*sniff* *sniff*:( :( ......:D

Just kidding. Sorry if I caught you off guard! Its supposed to be scary! You know......

BOO!:lol: :lol:

DCA Fan

cac2889, your wall paper freaked me out when I first saw it change. Good job though. I would have gone for a more gradual change.

Main street usa, I think those ears look a bit familiar...:lol:

Disney2b, I love that newspaper style.

Great job everyone, I'm just commenting on the most recent.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Re: Okay Okay

Originally posted by cac2889
I have been watching the past four wallpaper contests and now this new one. I HAVE TO SUBMIT AN ENTRY!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!:lol: My reason for not putting in an entry before is because of classes and finals. So...here is my entry. I was a little innovative an put something sneeky in. See if you notice it. (Its very obvious)

Only one problem... You can't have it animated as your background. :( Window's doesn't support an animated GIF background. :(

TinkerBell9988

I reallllly like yours, Main Street. Is that the hatbox ghost? I knew I recognized him... :lookaroun Very nice job everyone... I'm not entereing because I am so UNinnovative and have no clue how to do this wallpaper stuff, but I prefer to vote and see everyone's work. Great job, guys! This is a tough decision, tho.....

CrashNet

Re: Re: Okay Okay

Originally posted by Bdis86

Only one problem... You can't have it animated as your background. :( Window's doesn't support an animated GIF background. :(

Sure it does!:D All you have to do is right click anywhere on your desktop and turn on the "view web content." Then when you put up the picture, it will be animated! Don't worry. I thought about that before I made it and checked it after I made it.

DCA Fan. I actually originally had it gradually change and morph into the final picture. However, the picture was 4 meg! I couldn't put it up in the website because the file was to big. So I had to compromise and do something that caught the attention of people looking at it.;)

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful comments!

NowInc

Original Poster
Re: Re: Okay Okay

Originally posted by Bdis86

CAC asked me a few days ago if it was ok to make it an animated gif..and i told him that if it was small enough (file size wise)..then he can go for it...I had a hunch as to what he was doing..and i was right ;)

..and cac..my old avatar was the gracey pic morphing form one image to the next...very slowly actually..was really cool...

....and for those of you who are premiums..you will find a post i made a LLOOOOOOOOONG time ago with an AVI i made of the gracey pic morph ;)

CrashNet

I wish I could!

I wish I could make it morph! I had it looking SOOOOOO good too! But because the picture is 700 X 525, I couldn't do it!:( Oh well. I guess I have to take the "catch your eye and make you look again" move! :lol:

Bdis86

Account Suspended
I made a morph version of yours. Turns out it's 4 Mb and really slowed down my system. Now I could upload it here if you wanteed me too. :) Just make sure you don't use it as a desktop. ;) As for making it to show up animated, I have found that on WinXP you must save the file to your MyPics folder and choose it from the Display Properties Control Panel's Desktop tab. There is no such thing as "Show Web Content" on Win XP. hee hee.

DisneyJedi

Ok.. I worked on this for 6+ hours because I just had to draw Madame Leota myself and mess with some filters til I figured them out. That's right folks.. I took out the pencils again and sketched. I just don't feel complete unless I draw the main subject myself. I'm weird like that. I hope this entry is ok as it does not specifically show the mansion. So is theming ok?

[edit] This may not be my final entry. I just got an idea on what I can try that may make it look cooler. :zipit:

Attachments

• leotabgfinalwdwmagic.jpg
    leotabgfinalwdwmagic.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 176

Main Street USA

FINALLY!!!!! Another entry! Very cool, too. I read that and I can hear the HM sound effects from the seance room in my head! And again, great job using traditional tools. I would probably use pencil myself, but alas, I don't have a scanner, and taking a quality digital picture of the work and then loading to my laptop is way too much work. OK, well, not that much work, I'm just lazy!:D

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Mine has changed... yet again. Go to page 2 to see the new version, and look for the hidden Mickey. ;)

DisneyCP2000

Okay, here's mine - the "13th Entry?"... It just can't compare to the effects that you guys have on your wallpaper's.

Attachments

• haunted_cp.jpg
    haunted_cp.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 142

DisneyJedi

Main Street USA I'm telling ya man.. pencil on paper is the way to go. :) I've seen nice scanner deals for like $20 on www.fatwallet.com and www.techbargains.com before, so you might poke in there every once in awhile to see if there's a deal. I'm finding that I like to draw. Who knew? Don't know why I did not draw from like age 16 to 25. Oh I know.. I never had room for art classes in school.. always monopolized my time with band, school and work. I wish I could do all of these wallpaper contests, but time prohibits it. If I find a block of time, I get really serious and go at it, superceding chores and other things I should really be doing. :) By the way, I like your wallpaper alot. :)

DisneyCP2000 Effects or not, yours looks great!

Everyone is doing such a wonderful job! :sohappy:

NowInc

Original Poster
Id hand draw mine...but im not that dedicated anymore to traditional art. (I know...how horrible).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom