Wallpaper Contest #29 - Horizons!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaf44

Really great entries so far, everyone! I have to agree with group consensus MSU, yours is pretty spectacular! :)

Here's my entry. I think I've been making too many LiveJournal icons lately, I can't get the square theme out of my head :D.

Attachments

• motionhorizonwall2.png
    motionhorizonwall2.png
    296.5 KB · Views: 110

The_CEO

Leaf you got my vote - I can actually use yours.. Along with mine, some are over crowded and to vibrant. Good job :)!!

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by leaf44
Really great entries so far, everyone! I have to agree with group consensus MSU, yours is pretty spectacular! :)

Here's my entry. I think I've been making too many LiveJournal icons lately, I can't get the square theme out of my head :D.

Beautiful. I'm always a fan of monochromatic themes. :)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
WOW!

Amazing work MSU! That wallpaper is just spectacular! Great way to remember a classic attraction! So amazing, I can't even get over it!:D

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
WOW!

Amazing work MSU! That wallpaper is just spectacular! Great way to remember a classic attraction! So amazing, I can't even get over it!:D

Thanks, man!

Yours aint too shabby either! Actually, since you all seem to like it so much, I can post the larger 1024 x 768 version that I made it in.

Anyone? :lookaroun

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Eh, unless I host it, it won't work, so the current one will have to do for now. I'll get it up somewhere soon. :)

RU42

I would like the larger one too. Couldn't you upload it to the Photo Album? Even could upload it to alt.binaries.multimedia.disney if you are on the newsgroups.

RU

SirNim

Compared to some others, the only thing I have to say about mine is that it's lame... :dazzle:

so... Enjoy! :rolleyes: :lol:

Attachments

• horizonswallpaper-small1.jpg
    horizonswallpaper-small1.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 243

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Originally posted by SirNim
Compared to some others, the only thing I have to say about mine is that it's lame... :dazzle:

Very nice, as usual, Nim! I wanted to use that original exit mural in mine too, but I decide agianst it in the end. I was hoping somone else would....and you did. Beeeeeeeautiful.:)

disnyfan89

Originally posted by SirNim

not as lame as mine (don't say it looks good! Maybe by it's self but not with everyones entries!) Can we have a contest where you hav to have vesion 4.0 or older

SirNim

Originally posted by disnyfan89
not as lame as mine (don't say it looks good! Maybe by it's self but not with everyones entries!) Can we have a contest where you hav to have vesion 4.0 or older
How about a strictly Microsoft Paint contest?! That would be interesting.... no use of Photoshop at all! :sohappy:

Main Street USA

Original Poster
Man, I feel like we've been through this 1000 times.

Those of you who aren't satisfied with your wallpaper, aren't unsatisfied because the program held you back. If you were using photoshop 4 and someone else had 7, it doesn't mean that they have an advantage. Even if you are using a FREE, I repeat, FREE program called "Gimp" that you can download for FREE off of the internet for FREE, you still are not at a disadvantage to someone who uses Photoshop. Now, if you use Microsoft Paint, that's your own fault, because there are too many other FREE options to use that excuse. I will admit, though, if you choose to use Paint, then you ARE at a disadvantage. But you can't use that as an argument, because it was your choice.

You MAY be at a disadvantage because you don't know the program or how to utilize it, in which case you can solve that problem by spending more time learning how to utilize it properly.

Either way, it's in your hands, not someone elses.

So, in conclusion, PLEASE use these contests for what they're for. (FUN, by the way) ENJOY making and sharing a wallpaper, or a poster, or an avatar because it's FUN to do so, not because you're trying to get the most votes. You never know, you may actually even learn something along the way, which makes it even more FUN. :)

imagineer99

You make a very good point MSU. I very rarely submit entries that compete with some of the awesome ones that come through here. However, I simply enjoy making them...even if nobody else likes them. I enter these contests because they make me think of WDW in a creative way. :) I may not be good, but at least I'm having fun.

I think people need to realize that these "contests" are more like an exhibition of everyone's ideas. It's not like we are up for substantial prizes that we are all clamoring for. Enjoy yourself people! HAVE FUN! DON"T COMPLAIN!:D

I am using photoshop five LIMITED EDITION, and I never will ever blame the success of one of my compositions on the software.

*rant over*

LET THE WONDERFUL ENTRIES CONTINUE TO ROLL IN!:)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by Main Street USA
Man, I feel like we've been through this 1000 times.

Those of you who aren't satisfied with your wallpaper, aren't unsatisfied because the program held you back. If you were using photoshop 4 and someone else had 7, it doesn't mean that they have an advantage. Even if you are using a FREE, I repeat, FREE program called "Gimp" that you can download for FREE off of the internet for FREE, you still are not at a disadvantage to someone who uses Photoshop. Now, if you use Microsoft Paint, that's your own fault, because there are too many other FREE options to use that excuse. I will admit, though, if you choose to use Paint, then you ARE at a disadvantage. But you can't use that as an argument, because it was your choice.

You MAY be at a disadvantage because you don't know the program or how to utilize it, in which case you can solve that problem by spending more time learning how to utilize it properly.

Either way, it's in your hands, not someone elses.

So, in conclusion, PLEASE use these contests for what they're for. (FUN, by the way) ENJOY making and sharing a wallpaper, or a poster, or an avatar because it's FUN to do so, not because you're trying to get the most votes. You never know, you may actually even learn something along the way, which makes it even more FUN. :)

Great point if I may say MSU. After having Photoshop for over a year now, I still have not been able to compete with artists like yourself, Sir Nim, imagineer99, etc. I've even had to buy two books on how to get the best out of Photoshop and have yet to put together a good wallpaper. But you know what, no matter how many entries i've put in, no matter how many times i've thought that they don't look good, I still enjoyed making them. And that's why I always enter these contests.

Now i'd like to say excellent job to everyone who's been entering the contest! Great job everyone, can't wait to see more!:sohappy:

Figment1986

*Note: It wasn't me this time who said it, I am bussy learning photoshop....

I will participate in future ones, if they involve MK. I will document it averagely... due to crowds, i wont get on every ride.... but i will get basics. and then get in the contest with the big boys, then my usual basic nice photo entrees...

Note over*

Everyone is having great entrees, this is going to be tough choosing who would win and pick a MK topic....

LOL....

matt88mph

Originally posted by Main Street USA
Now, if you use Microsoft Paint, that's your own fault, because there are too many other FREE options to use that excuse. I will admit, though, if you choose to use Paint, then you ARE at a disadvantage. But you can't use that as an argument, because it was your choice.

I used Microsoft Paint and I was satisfied with the results. Sure, they're not as elaborate as some others, but hey, it gets the job done. (And sometimes very well)

Irrawaddy Erik

Great papers guys...

Here is mine..I was planning on doing something simalar to what Leaf did. I just threw something together. :lol:
1962HorizonsPaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom