1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Walking From Hollywood Studios To Boardwalk

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Planning' started by MickeyMind, Nov 3, 2011.

1. MickeyMind

MickeyMind Member

Was trying to see fantasmic this friday night, staying at the boardwalk, I know the boats and busses are going to be jam packed after the show. Wanted to know if there was a walkway from dhs to the boardwalk? I dont remember ever seeing one

2. rreading

rreading Member

There is one...seems to be about a half a mile, if I'm reading it right. You can see it on google maps

3. wm49rs

wm49rs A naughty bit o' crumpet Premium Member

There is a pathway from Boardwalk to DHS. It runs along the water, under a bridge, and up through part of the parking lot into the main entrance. And yes, it's about a 1.5 miles (give or take). A nice stroll really......

4. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

5. timeman

timeman Active Member

The easiest way to figure out where the pathway is this way. If you are at the boat dock at Hollywood studios look on the opposite side of the lake and you will see a sidewalk along the lake and that is the pathway. To get to it from Hollywood Studios as you are walking out head to the bus drop off area to the left and you will see the sidewalk that goes along side the lake. If you are walking from the Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios all you need to do is walk over toward the Swan & Dolphin and before you cross the bridge over the water you will see a sidewalk path on your left and there will be a little sign directing you toward Hollywood Studios.

6. ConstanceIrene

ConstanceIrene Member

It's a nice walk and, if you are pressed for time, it beats the boat back to the BW.

7. worldfanatic

worldfanatic Well-Known Member

We stay at Boardwalk all the time and never even think about taking the boat.

8. a2grafix

a2grafix Well-Known Member

After a handful of walks on the path between Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk en route to EPCOT and/or to grab something at Beaches and Cream, I've shortened my walking time by veering off and through the Boardwalk main pool area.

I'm now averaging about 10 minutes, maybe 12-15 minutes, between DHS and the Boardwalk. It's a pretty nice walkway. Very quiet sometimes. It's another hidden gem at WDW. Great exercise too. On occasion you will see resort guests running on the path, regardless of time or weather.

9. Nick_A

Nick_A On the edge of glory.

I love taking this path, and almost always arrive at my destination ahead of the boat.

10. dreamfinder

dreamfinder Well-Known Member

The only time I don't like the pathway is at about mi 25 during the marathon. Then it seems like it goes on forever..... Otherwise its a nice walk that is usually pretty quiet.

11. gadavis1980

gadavis1980 Active Member

I'll second this! Just got back from the Boardwalk and made a few quick walks over to HS to get in a Star Tours ride. Definitely in the 12-15 minute range. One time I took the boat back because it was ready to leave, and got off at the S&D.

12. cinderellafan6

cinderellafan6 Well-Known Member

Its so nice and peaceful! U really get to take in the other parts of Disney that alot of people dont stop and pay attention too!

13. coachwnh

coachwnh Well-Known Member

use the walkway. you will head straight out of the park and walk along the waters edge. we walked it many times even with young kids (under 8) we are never passed by the boat!!! never a crowd either

14. Wdwprince

Wdwprince Well-Known Member

I use the walkway exclusively when I stay at the Dolphin. Great walk. Boardwalk is the shortest walk to HS. You can go out near the pool or tennis courts and its a little shorter.

I really enjoy this walk. Especially coming around the bend and seeing Tower of Terror behind the trees.

15. a2grafix

a2grafix Well-Known Member

Didn't think of exiting near the tennis courts. Haven't figured where they dump out at.

And yes, have to second the sight of the Hollywood Tower of Terror emerging from the trees.

Sometimes when I walk it at night between the parks, Tower is lit up pretty ominously.

16. Frau Farbissina

Frau Farbissina Member

Same here. I never take the boat. I might if the kids are really tired, but the walk is so pretty and relaxing after a night in the parks. Love it.

17. Larry Mondello

Larry Mondello Active Member

18. patricia27

patricia27 Member

It`s lovely walk--relaxing really--you can see quite a bit of wildlife on the way!! (nothing dangerous!!)

19. Matty30

Matty30 Well-Known Member

When we stayed at the Swan a few years back, the walk to/from DHS or Epcot was one of my favorite things to do.