Walk from DHS to Yacht Club...?

coachwnh

The Frozen fireworks are at 8:45pm so by 9pm the exit will be insane.
If you aren't planning on seeing the stage show part of the frozen fireworks, then you can see the fireworks from the benches outside of HS near the boat launch. We did this on our last night. It was a much better view than the one we had as part of the premium package we paid for earlier in the trip. And we were the only people there watching! We then made the easy walk back well ahead of the crowds. There was already a very long line for the boats however since fantastic ended just before the fireworks began.

DisDadWoz

If you leave after the Frozen show I suggest walking. Even at a leisurely pace you're looking at 20 minutes. We walk it about 99% of the time. If you see a boat leave your walk will be over by the time another one arrives and gets you over to Swan/Dolphin stop. It's also a great way to get some nice night time DHS pics from across the water on the way out.

DVCPluto

Unlike most on this thread, we always take the boat to/from DHS to/from the boardwalk area. I just don't want to walk after walking in the park all day - and I love being on the water. It's just calming.

That being said, I would avoid the mad rush to the boat and the oodles of people wanting to get on said boat at closing. Negates everything I stated previously.

docdebbi

as long as we're comparing times from yacht club to DHS, i could use some advice.

staying at YC, want to get to DHS as quickly as possible. I figure the boats are really slow, but do you think walking is faster, or walking to my car, driving to DHS, and then parking towards the front in the handicapped parking, and walking in. (actually by walking, I mean, my family walk and me drive my rental ECV due to severe knee injury and no time to buy a new one before the trip).
this has been an ongoing debate amongst the family.

thanks for any insight.

NeedMoreMickey

A few years ago we stayed at BC and both my parents had rental ECV that the rode while we walked next to them from HS back to the hotel. Faster than taking the boat

GrammieBee

You are better off walking( or scooter driving) from the Yacht Club rather than driving your car to the Studios. If you drive your car you have to walk to the hotel parking, load the scooter, drive to the park, hope there is a handicapped spot available, park the car, unload the scooter and walk to the entrance. Definitely not a fast way to go.

I use a scooter and have stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. It was no problem to get to the Studios using the walkway. You can use the boat, but that is usually slower than walking as there are other hotel stops. It is a pleasant boat ride, except if it is very crowded. It is also a pleasant walk unless you are trying for a ten minute mile. It does take most people about twenty minutes to walk a mile.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Are you gonna wear park attire to the Yachtsman cuz they do adhere to the Dress Code.
Just an FYI
You can go in "park" attire just not cut offs etc. We have gone to all the signatures in our regular park clothes many times. You will see people in shorts, jeans, dress pants etc a huge mixture! Lol. The only place that is strict about dress code is Victoria's and Alberts. :)

WDWoptmist

I did not plan on leaving at park close. Was gonna head out a little earlier. Was also going to call Yachtsman and as if it can be pushed back a bit. I'll have enough time at DHS where if I have to leave earlier it won't be an issue. I only have 1 shot at the porterhouse this trip so that takes more importance.
Leave DHS at like 850 and your more than fine Yacht Club isn't far at all we walk from the Dolphin all of the time to DHS it 15-20 minutes tops

slappy magoo

It's earwax melting hot here this week
You said it. We started our drive back home after lunch yesterday. Supposedly the cool off begins today and it'll still be upper 80s. Sat nite cooled off after a storm but we were in such a mad dash to hit our fast passes before our dinner reservations at Be Our Guest we almost didn't notice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom