Walk from DHS to Yacht Club...?

Minthorne

Maybe 20 minutes? But I have long legs. I personally love the walk except one time we got caught in a torrential downpour and huddled for shelter under the road overpass that is along the way. It got so stormy we could not longer see the Swan. We walked back to the hotel like drowned mice.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Just trying to figure out if we wanna walk there from DHS for our ADR at Yachtsman. DHS closes at 9pm and our ADR is at 920pm.

Guess it'll depend on the weather. If it's still 90 degrees I aint walking anywhere for 20 minutes. Haha

ToTBellHop

Just trying to figure out if we wanna walk there from DHS for our ADR at Yachtsman. DHS closes at 9pm and our ADR is at 920pm.

Guess it'll depend on the weather. If it's still 90 degrees I aint walking anywhere for 20 minutes. Haha
Do you have to leave DHS at the second it closes?

belledream

Haha I agree with that sentiment! If the boats aren't too crowded at closing, that'd be a nice, scenic, and relaxing bet.

NYwdwfan

The wait for the boats at closing time for DHS can be long. I would either plan on leaving early to ride the boat or plan on walking.

This. You may not make the first boat - so I would definitely plan on walking. It's a really nice walk - but you don't want to have to do it speedwalking to get to your ADR. Can you bump the ADR back 15 minutes?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I did not plan on leaving at park close. Was gonna head out a little earlier. Was also going to call Yachtsman and as if it can be pushed back a bit. I'll have enough time at DHS where if I have to leave earlier it won't be an issue. I only have 1 shot at the porterhouse this trip so that takes more importance.

Kamikaze

It is 1.1 miles from the entrance to DHS to the back entrance of the YC lobby following the path.

Don't know how fast you walk, but since average is ~3.1 mph, that would put it right around 20 minutes.

Also, walking will almost always be faster than the boat, even if you don't walk that fast, because the boat has to stop at Swolphin first.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well like I said...I don't mind if it's not super hot outside. I would like to walk actually. I enjoy walking around Disney but I also enjoy eating dinner not sweaty.

ABQ

You'll walk as fast as the boat, albeit, you would sweat more. You would probably be able to board a boat swiftly if you leave before park close and IF the early showing of Fantasmic hasn't just ended.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
You'll walk as fast as the boat, albeit, you would sweat more. You would probably be able to board a boat swiftly if you leave before park close and IF the early showing of Fantasmic hasn't just ended.

The Frozen fireworks are at 8:45pm so by 9pm the exit will be insane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom