Walk From Contemporary To MK

Raineman

Original Poster
Just wondering: how long is the walk from the Contemporary to MK? We will be going to MNSSHP on Halloween night this year, but we will be at Disney Springs earlier in the day. Seeing as there are no buses from DS to MK, I figured we could take a bus to the CR and walk over to MK.

JIMINYCR

I'm always fascinated reading the Walk Around the World bricks on my way to MK. The entire walk takes longer for me because I'm reading as I go. Actually found one from a person from my hometown. Also be aware that you will be crossing a roadway. One time I wasnt paying attention and almost stepped into the road without looking. :banghead:

Raineman

Original Poster
One more question: since they installed the new security/bag check areas at MK, do the people walking from the CR use the same security area as the resort buses? Is this area right at the end of the walking path? I've been watching videos and looking at photos of the new security areas, but can't seem to perfectly place it.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
One more question: since they installed the new security/bag check areas at MK, do the people walking from the CR use the same security area as the resort buses? Is this area right at the end of the walking path? I've been watching videos and looking at photos of the new security areas, but can't seem to perfectly place it.
No.
There is a small separate screening area on the walkway from CR to MK.

Raineman

Original Poster
We did it once and IMHO considered it too long compared with taking the monorail.
What would be the longest it would take to wait for the next monorail to MK at the CR? If the total time to wait, board and ride the monorail is equal to or less than the 10 minute walk to MK, we would probably take that option, although, as long as it isn't raining, we wouldn't really mind the walk.

Spike-in-Berlin

What would be the longest it would take to wait for the next monorail to MK at the CR? If the total time to wait, board and ride the monorail is equal to or less than the 10 minute walk to MK, we would probably take that option, although, as long as it isn't raining, we wouldn't really mind the walk.
The resort monorail goes counterclockwise, TTC, Poly, GF and MK, so if you miss a train only by seconds and have to wait for the next one, I say do the walk instead, because the wait for the next train can be anything between 3 and 10 minutes. We experienced both.

correcaminos

The resort monorail goes counterclockwise, TTC, Poly, GF and MK, so if you miss a train only by seconds and have to wait for the next one, I say do the walk instead, because the wait for the next train can be anything between 3 and 10 minutes. We experienced both.
Agreed - the monorail will take you much longer even if you happened to catch it immediately. More stops in between. The bus also will be dropping you off at the bottom of Contemporary so you'll save time from going upstairs to catch the monorail. Unless it is raining really hard I would not pick that as an option. If you want the monorail go to GF instead.

DisneyJoe

Just wondering: how long is the walk from the Contemporary to MK? We will be going to MNSSHP on Halloween night this year, but we will be at Disney Springs earlier in the day. Seeing as there are no buses from DS to MK, I figured we could take a bus to the CR and walk over to MK.

Another option:

Take the bus from Disney Springs to the Grand Floridian (it will stop at the Poly first) - once at the GF, go inside, go upstairs, go thru bag check, and then take the monorail to the MK - one stop.

FYI - your bus to the CR may stop at the WL first.

I would do the bus to CR and then walk, but I just wanted to present all options.

DisneyPrincess5

I LOVED the ability to walk to MK from Bay Lake. It was a lovely stroll which is nice in the senses that you can walk to and from when you choose, no waiting for the monorail if you just want to go, especially after you've been waiting in lines all day.
I so wish that GF had a walkway too. It would add charm to an already charming locale and would let up on wear to the monorail.

slappy magoo

When staying at Bay Lake we usually walk to MK and monorail back. It might be psychological but when you're excited to get to MK, walking, while slower, still feels like constant movement. Whereas each stop along the monorail, even if quick and efficient, just makes you get all antsy. And if there's a holdup at a stop for any reason, it feels like waiting for water to boil...

10 minutes max. The beauty of it is now the security booth is actually placed on the walk. So much more convenient

...and this while true punches a hole in my "constant motion" theory. Because while there's usually no more than a few people a head of you, and the guards are efficient and cordial, if anyone ahead of you is packed like they're moving into MK - multiple diaper bags or backpacks, that one coin in their pocket keeps going off in the metal detector, etc. - it just feel interminable. But of course, it's still a much quicker wait than when everyone used the same security posts right outside the main gate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom