Waitlist for cabanas

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
So unfortunately (but not surprisingly) a cabana was not available for us to book for November. I keep checking daily (ok, I may or may not just continually hit refresh on my browser all day long at work, but don't tell my boss that!) with no luck yet! I believe I read somewhere that when you board you can go to Guest Services and put your name on a waitlist in case someone cancels. Is this true? If so, has anyone had any luck getting one after putting their name on the waitlist?

sweetpee_1993

There is a list. We were first on the list in our Fantasy cruise last May but still didn't score. I've heard of it happening tho. Don't give up. If you don't try your chances are absolute zero. Right?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
There is a list. We were first on the list in our Fantasy cruise last May but still didn't score. I've heard of it happening tho. Don't give up. If you don't try your chances are absolute zero. Right?

True story! I'm not giving up! I'm no quitter!! I kept checking for our cruise in February, not as frequently though, and the coveted Cabana #19 popped up one day and I booked it. Not sure if we would book the adult beach again though. It was nice, don't get me wrong, but it was too quiet for me. And I liked looking out and seeing the ship from the family beach cabana! Also, I don't think the new cabanas have been released for booking yet! Hopefully if I check 5,294 times a day like I have been I can get lucky and snag one! :)

Donfan

I was also first on the list on our Fantasy cruise a year ago, but never got called for a cabana. As it turned out, we had just as much fun without it and saved a lot of money as a result. So don't be bothered if you don't get one. Just enjoy Castaway Cay anyway.

DISNEY FANTASY

Not to disappoint, but on my two Fsntasy cruises the Cabsna wait,it'd was over five hundred.

Best advice check everyday people do cancel them.

You do go to Guest services but it's managed by concierge and they will offer it there first.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I was also first on the list on our Fantasy cruise a year ago, but never got called for a cabana. As it turned out, we had just as much fun without it and saved a lot of money as a result. So don't be bothered if you don't get one. Just enjoy Castaway Cay anyway.

I'm sure we would enjoy CC just as much, don't get me wrong, but I want to bring my DSLR camera with me and if I do that, it means I won't be leaving my lounge chair much!! We currently have a jetski excursion booked so that means before it I have to go allll the way back to the ship to put my DSLR away then all the way back to where the excursion meets. Seems like a waste of time to me.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Not to disappoint, but on my two Fsntasy cruises the Cabsna wait,it'd was over five hundred.

Best advice check everyday people do cancel them.

You do go to Guest services but it's managed by concierge and they will offer it there first.

Wow, you would think at that point it would go by whoever puts their name on the list first rather than by concierge first. Guess that just goes to show if you have $$$ you can get whatever you want!

DISNEY FANTASY

Wow, you would think at that point it would go by whoever puts their name on the list first rather than by concierge first. Guess that just goes to show if you have $$$ you can get whatever you want!

It's the way it's set up, if someone books concierge last minutiae and on embarkation asks for one they will trytheir best for them.

DISNEY FANTASY

Think of it this way you are first in line at an airport check in and there are first class seats available for an upgrade, then someone checks in and pays for first class tickets, they get the seat, might not feel right but it's part of how the service is set up. A lot of people book concierge for the only reason of securing a cabana, if theypay for the service and do not get one they could Also be upset. The cabana wait list is managed by concierge hosts so they give priority that way, best advice check each day before they see one is canceled.

NelleBelle

but I want to bring my DSLR camera with me and if I do that, it means I won't be leaving my lounge chair much!! We currently have a jetski excursion booked so that means before it I have to go allll the way back to the ship to put my DSLR away then all the way back to where the excursion meets. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Do they rent lockers anywhere on CC? I'd like to bring our DSLR but also don't want to leave it sitting out. Do you book the cabanas when your registration date opens?

EOD K9

I'm hoping to book a cabana on the FB as I'll have my little ones this time....that being said, when you go to book, does it say where they are located or do they go by number?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom