Wait Times on My Disney Experience accurate?

ClassyCrab

Original Poster
I am in the process of planning our first trip and am starting to piece together a plan for my fast pass reservations which I can make at the end of the month. I saw that you can see wait times on My Disney experience app and wondered how accurate these times are? I know that I will want to use my FP on attractions with the longest wait times. Also wondering if I can count on the wait times when we are in the parks.

sjhym333

That's because Disney knows that a shorter wait time than expected makes a happy guest and a longer wait time makes for some angry people.

MickeyMomV

They are accurate to what is posted at the entrances to the ride. I've found that the wait is less than what is posted most of the time.
We just got back on Sunday and Jahona is pretty correct. But remember the opposite is true right after parades, fireworks and at open. At these times the lines are usually longer than posted and depending on the ride they can be alot longer (7DMTR and PPF come to mind).

Jahona

Mainly because the system they use doesn't account for surges. The hand off markers to certain guests. When the guest gets to the front of the ride they hand the marker to a CM and the CM records how long it took. A mass surge wont show up right away. Also tour groups won't spike the wait time right away unless they manually change it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom