1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Trip Report Wait, are we just staying at the Polynesian?!

Discussion in 'WDW Trip Reports' started by LowesChevy, Jan 24, 2017.

1. fractal

fractal Premium Member

I'm glad you came back to this!

Love the restaurant reviews. Too bad about Artist Pointe are Narcoosses's.

I agree - if you are a "signature" restaurant you should act like one. Getting the food out hot is crucial.

Courtney6682, LowesChevy and bee like this.
  2. LowesChevy

LowesChevy Well-Known Member Original Poster

It is-becoming a victim of your own success is a terrible way to go. California Grill turned it around, hopefully these spots can bring back the magic. I know people want to experience fancy food, but the dishes do not get served fast enough. Chefs putting too much meaningless crap garnishes on the plate! Huge pet peeve

3. LowesChevy

2/12: Kona Café then Epcot for the day

Waking up on another beautiful day in February is marvelous! After breakfast at Kona Café, we walked over to the TTC to head to Epcot. Always stopping along the way to smell the tropical flowers of course.

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

Successful morning-- riding Soarin’ and Test Track both. We toodled around and started on the Mexico side of the Showcase. I got my popcorn bucket refilled and we took our time strolling. You never want to be hanging around the Africa Outpost long if the sun is scorching in the fall, but it wasn’t as bad this time of year. You better fill up that beer or have some water handy. Personally I think more misters could go a long way around these parts. It reminds me of the early days at the Animal Kingdom before the trees and vegetation grew in so full! Lack of shady sports were a killer!

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

We would be back in the evening for dinner at Teppan Edo, so we made the trek back to the Polynesian. We grabbed a couple of loads of laundry and tried to figure that out. A quick lunch at Captain Cook’s will keep us happy till dinner. Debs needs her little nap.

Later Epcot and Teppan Edo

lostpro9het, bee and PacNWTigger like this.
  4. LowesChevy

Teppan Edo evening at Epcot

So the one thing I noticed is that like where I live, the sun goes down earlier, but it made for some interesting photos around the park.

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

[​IMG][/URL
    ]

Teppan Edo is not unique and the prices are higher than your average Disney restaurants. To me that’s a good thing, I get a more varied menu and fewer folks on the dining plan, probably due to the lack of decadent dessert! If they make you pay for something you may as well enjoy it right?! The place is jam packed every time we visit though. We have a local teppanyaki that is also very good as well. The one thing I can always count on at TE is that the food will be hot and the show will be great! A big bonus for us since we tend to find the bad dining cracks often. Service is always great too.

This visit was no different with the experience and we had a lot of fun talking to our table mates. Sometimes people are on the shy side, but I am always up for conversation. I do not normally take a lot of photos here because the food is constantly hitting your plate. With full tummies we were off back to enjoy some evening ambiance and a couple of funnel cakes since Debs wanted her own.

Service: 5 stars
    Food: 5 stars
    Choices/Variety: 4 stars
    Overall: 4.5 stars
    Be Back: Yes, of course!

Tomorrow is Monday, but it’s much better when you are in Disney J--Magic Kingdom fun tomorrow

Zipitidoda and Mr Ferret 88 like this.