Vomit.

SplashMtn.

Original Poster
I know many people, PER DAY must vomit on Miission Space. mY question is what do they do to sanitize/ clean everything?? I mean Vomit is one of the mot germiest boiliy fluids and can transmit several illnesses on contact. Its kinda gross when you think of it, that cabin is llike an incubator, and after someone vomits, your sitting there?:dazzle:
I mean it will not stop me from riding, I just need to reassure myself.

WishIwasThere

I know many people, PER DAY must vomit on Miission Space. mY question is what do they do to sanitize/ clean everything?? I mean Vomit is one of the mot germiest boiliy fluids and can transmit several illnesses on contact. Its kinda gross when you think of it, that cabin is llike an incubator, and after someone vomits, your sitting there?:dazzle:
I mean it will not stop me from riding, I just need to reassure myself.

I really don't think its that many people that get sick. They had more cases when the ride first opened, and even then it wasn't very often.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can assure you that Disney does not just hose and go to clean up a protein spill. They start by covering the spill with an absorbent explicitly designed for the task followed by a disinfectant scrub down.

raven

There is actually more vomit on the bottom of the Soarin' screens than in M:S. You just can't see it. :hurl:

But M:S has 2 closets with sinks and supplies specifically designed for such cases. They were well planned when they opened the attraction so nothing to worry about.

Phonedave

I can assure you that Disney does not just hose and go to clean up a protein spill. They start by covering the spill with an adsorbent explicitly designed for the task followed by a disinfectant scrub down.

:sohappy:

Go engineer brain.

Because it is alwfuly hard to absorb chunky thick things into a medium (you can all go back to your lunch now)

-dave

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:sohappy:

Go engineer brain.

Because it is alwfuly hard to absorb chunky thick things into a medium (you can all go back to your lunch now)

-dave
I guess the correct phrasing would be it encapsulates the big narley chucks of half digested mac-n cheese and french fires and it absorbs the large coke and stomach acid.:D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wondering to Self - Has there ever before been a Disney thread simply titled "Vomit".........:veryconfu
Not that I can think of. As a general rule the word vomit it typically accompanied primarily by the word "Stitch" and to a lesser extent the word "Pixar".:lol:

GrannyJill2

Actually, stomach contents are far less germy than poo-poo, unless you have some communicable disease. Not that I'd want either on me :ROFLOL:

That is not to say you can't get sick from vomit. Just remember to wash your hands before eating.

Jorden

Where there is a vomit mess at Space the bay in question goes down until it can be cleaned.

No they don't run the other 9 capsules or anything like that it essentially forces a 101. Due to design of the capsules/bays Voban is not used inside Space. There are 2 (or more) custodians on staff pretty much at all times just in case with the aforementioned closets. They get the fun job of cleaning it up with the chemicals and other such things.

As nice as the voban would be, you can't really use it on the seats or control panels and such inside the ride so a little elbow grease is all that is needed here.

And trust me it does happen a LOT less often then you'ld think. On busy days (in the summer) I would have only seen it happen 2 or 3 times MAX a day. There was some days where I wouldn't hear about it or see it at all...

There are other fun messes to clean up as well... like the person who smuggled her coffee on the ride... nothing like walking in to see a brown circle around the white floor under the capsules from the coffee leaking out while spinning. The person in question didn't stop to tell us about the spill... probably too embarressed...

d1sn3y

As a past custodial cast member I could probably answer this the best.

Although I didn't have to clean a protein spill on MS, I have cleaned them on Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. I have used voban on Buzz before, but not on Space Mountain. The seats in Buzz are smooth hard plastic, so the voban can be cleaned up after absorbing the mess.

Space Mountain you couldn't use voban, because of the space between the padding of the seats and the body of the car. I had to learn that the hard way, because I spent about a half hour using a shop vac to clean out the crevaces.

The chemical I can't remember what it was called, but we were told it is basically rubbing alchohol. That is what we used to disinfect the area after cleaning.... If it smelled real bad, we also had some smelly air freshner spray to help mask offending odor.

I thought protein spills would be the worst part of my job, but i probably only had to clean one once or twice a week... so it wasn't THAT bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom