Volcano Bay

trr1

found here

Universal Orlando executives are currently giving a presentation at the US Travel Association’s IPW convention, including first-ever concrete details about Volcano Bay, its brand-new, next-generation water park.

Thanks to Orlando Sentinel reporter Caitlin Dineen, we now have our first look at Volcano Bay’s map:

An overview of Volcano Bay’s layout.

And a close-up.
The park will contain 18 different attractions, and tickets go on sale starting June 1.

Stay tuned for more in-depth analysis momentarily.

BubbaQuest

I know it's only concept art, but I'm a little confused about the layout. Based on the walkways, it almost looks like you will have to use the lazy river to get to the slides. Kind of cool if there is some kind of integrated water transit.

Also, I thought there was supposed to be a drop slide in the middle of the volcano, but this looks like the drop slide is outside facing the volcano, or is that some kind of insane water coaster.

andysol

Here is some concept art that was released today
Volcano-Bay.jpg

screen-shot-2016-06-21-at-110602-am*750xx635-357-0-0.png

I know it's only concept art, but I'm a little confused about the layout. Based on the walkways, it almost looks like you will have to use the lazy river to get to the slides. Kind of cool if there is some kind of integrated water transit.
While that map gives you a general idea of the amount of rides/slides there will be- it doesn't give you much details. Theming, walkways, bathrooms, food kiosks, etc aren't on there either. Its just a broad overview and scale is way off such as the drop chute , as well as the slides being much closer to the volcano (example- the top left one is WAY far away when it will be very close in reality based on location at actual construction).

More detail on the attractions:
There will be 18 attractions in four themed areas. These will include a multi-directional wave pool with sandy beaches, a peaceful winding river, twisting multi-rider raft rides, speeding body slides that drop from the top of the volcano into the waters below – and a state-of-the-art marquee attraction that will be revealed at a later date.

The four areas include:

• Krakatau: The 200-foot volcano, Krakatau, will be home to the unannounced marquee attraction and three body slides at the rear of the volcano with surprise doors that drop guests down into the slide. One of the body slides, Ko'okiri Body Plunge, is a 70-degree drop that sends guests down 125-feet through the center of the volcano and through a guest pool. The other two body slides, the Kala and Ta Nui Serpentine Body Slides, are two intertwining slides where guests will race along 124 feet of twists and turns. In addition, the area will have Punga Racers, "a high-speed race through four different enclosed slides featuring manta-shaped mats."
  • Wave Village: Located at the base of Krakatau will be the Waturi Beach, a multi-directional wave pool with a sand beach and private one- or two-story cabanas. In addition, The Reef, is a leisure pool where guests get a view of those brave enough to ride the body slides.
  • River Village: The calming, lazy river-style portion of the park includes the Kopiko Wai Winding River that passes though the caves of the volcano, which features water effects and nighttime lighting; Tot Tiki Reef, a play area for toddlers with slides and a kid-size volcano; Runamukka Reef, a three-story water playground with slides and sprinklers; Honu, a multi-passenger raft ride with two giant slope walls; and Ika Moana, another multi-passenger raft ride that will glide along bubble geysers.
  • Rainforest Village: A part of the water park based on thrills like Maku, North America's first "saucer ride" that has raft riders "speeding around three saucer-shaped curves;" Puihi, another multi-passenger raft ride that will take guests into a dark area with a zero-gravity drop; Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides, two twisting slides that will launch guests four and six feet above the water at the end; TeAwa The Fearless River, a racing torrent, whitewater rapids river where guests can hang onto inner tubes; Taniwha Tubes, four Easter Island-inspired slides; and Puka Uli Lagoon, a relaxing pool area.

Last edited:

Tom Morrow

Looks really nice. I was expecting something on the level of Aquatica but this looks like it will give Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach a run for their money in theming and immersion.

BrianV

Sent an email today saying "Here, there’s no standing in long lines. No wrestling with tubes. No waiting for the fun to begin. It’s a tropical paradise just steps away from everything Universal Orlando Resort™ has to offer. "

How will they avoid standing in line?

JoeCamel

Sent an email today saying "Here, there’s no standing in long lines. No wrestling with tubes. No waiting for the fun to begin. It’s a tropical paradise just steps away from everything Universal Orlando Resort™ has to offer. "

How will they avoid standing in line?

Magic Bands! :)

No joke, it is an electronic queuing system

BrerJon

It looks great, but the concept art really reminds me of Aquatica's concept art, and that looked incredible on paper but the reality was far more mundane, so hoping VB lives up to its promise.

P_Radden

I am so excited for Volcano Bay! Although we've been to USH, I've never been to USO.. This, Sapphire Falls, all they Harry Potter stuff, Simpsons and Kong have got me pretty excited to visit USO. Not to mention that huge chunk of land down the street... I'm guessing maybe more resorts alongside at least one more gate, if not more long term.

trr1

I am so excited for Volcano Bay! Although we've been to USH, I've never been to USO.. This, Sapphire Falls, all they Harry Potter stuff, Simpsons and Kong have got me pretty excited to visit USO. Not to mention that huge chunk of land down the street... I'm guessing maybe more resorts alongside at least one more gate, if not more long term.
I haven't been to USO in 24 years I plan on going in 2017

trr1

just saw this at a site don't know if it is know or not or if its true
there’s the 50-acre Wet ‘n Wild property, which is rumored to be transformed into a site for additional (value) hotels within the next few years.

JoeCamel

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom