Visiting End of this month!!

lynz

Original Poster
Does anybody know what kind of weather to expect?? We came that time last year, and according to locals, it was colder than it usually is at that time of the year.

I'm one of those people who gets colder easily, so I'd like to have a rough idea so I can plan what I'm going to pack!!

Thanks

chipndale76

I'm arriving November 1st, we've never stayed this time of year. I've been told that it's hot during the day 80-84 somewhere in that range, and at night it can get chilly. I get cold easily myself, so my plan is to make sure I pack sweatshirts/light jackets for nighttime. I'm looking forward to this weather, we had gone for years during the HOT summer months and tried the first week of October last year.... Let me tell you that week it was still almost 90 degrees at 10 at night, so uncomfortable.

lynz

Original Poster
I'm arriving November 1st, we've never stayed this time of year. I've been told that it's hot during the day 80-84 somewhere in that range, and at night it can get chilly. I get cold easily myself, so my plan is to make sure I pack sweatshirts/light jackets for nighttime. I'm looking forward to this weather, we had gone for years during the HOT summer months and tried the first week of October last year.... Let me tell you that week it was still almost 90 degrees at 10 at night, so uncomfortable.
yeah i think ill do the same myself. basically pack the same as last year only have a few pairs of linen trousers for night time and a jacket/hoodie or 2. I had 1 pair of trousers and a hoodie last year, and at night i found it so cold i had to go and buy a few cardigans!!
so think i'll be carrying a jacket in my bag for night time at the parks!! :)

chipndale76

Oh really it was THAT cold???:veryconfu I think I'll pack a little extra, I really don't want to be cold and I also don't want to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe while I am there, lol.

lynz

Original Poster
Oh really it was THAT cold???:veryconfu I think I'll pack a little extra, I really don't want to be cold and I also don't want to spend a fortune on a new wardrobe while I am there, lol.
Well I personally found it THAT cold, it definitely wasn't warm enough to wear shorts and a t shirt for example some evenings. Even my Dad got cold and he's normaly alright. The locals did say to us in fairness that it was a bit abnormal for it to be as cold. So hopefuly it'll pick up!

but yeah, i'd def reccomend taking a couple of extra layers, things that wil go with everythin to through on when the chill comes! :)

Omnimover

My last visit was during mid February, and it was probably less cold than what you're describing here. Summer clothes will be fine for the day, long pants and a jacket will likely get you through in the evening. Unless you're sitting around waiting on a parade or fireworks you tend to be moving enough to stay pretty warm, or else standing in a queue surrounded by lots of other people. You will want something warmer if you're hunkering down in a good spot for the night shows, though. Illuminations loses a little something when your teeth are chattering. Generally, I'd say you'll be good in summer wear with a light jacket at most.

That being said, you never know with Florida weather. It sounds like what you're planning to take should be just right. If you want to maximize time in the parks, spring for a locker each day. It's not the cheapest in the world, but not horrible. They're a decent size (enough to hold extra clothes for a normal size party) and you'll have a little extra room if you purchase something and don't want to carry it. If it stays warm, you'll avoid the hassle of carrying a jacket around all day. My last couple trips we've taken this angle and it's worked out pretty well.

Incidentally, I'll be down there at the end of this month as well! If my advice is bad, I'll be paying for it!

chipndale76

Thanks for the advice. We are arriving November 1st, I can't wait! We're staying at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time, so I'm excited about that was well.

Foladar

you might get lucky and miss the worst of the cold. 40s today, and tomorrow still, i think its 46 or something out. expect mid 70s, maybe mid 50s at night.

The Mom

Premium Member
you might get lucky and miss the worst of the cold. 40s today, and tomorrow still, i think its 46 or something out. expect mid 70s, maybe mid 50s at night.

We're close to record cold temperatures right now. It should warm up by the weekend, but not to summer temps. Once the sun goes down, and you're standing around to watch fireworks, it can get pretty cool, so a jacket with a hood (or hat) would definitely be in order. Time to layer! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom