Vision House at Innoventions East to close in April

RSoxNo1

This is an interesting development. If something of substance can go back in Innoventions that could really be a big step forward in revitalizing Epcot. Of course, option 2 would be continuing the trend of Future World being nothing but abandoned buildings (foreclosures are the future).

hpyhnt 1000

So that would seem to indicate the Innoventions concept is dead and on its way out.

Apprehensive about what will happen to the space. This is basically Epcot's Main Street, the very center of Future World. Nearly every guest walks past and through this area to move around the park. Leaving it empty would be a travesty, though having it follow the path of The Seas, Mexico, and Norway might be worse.

Cmdr_Crimson

Of course, option 2 would be continuing the trend of Future World being nothing but abandoned buildings (foreclosures are the future).
wpid-futuramameme.jpg

vonpluto

This is an interesting development. If something of substance can go back in Innoventions that could really be a big step forward in revitalizing Epcot. Of course, option 2 would be continuing the trend of Future World being nothing but abandoned buildings (foreclosures are the future).

If they keep closing stuff at EPCOT, maybe FW could be themed after the History Channel series "Life After People"
:cool:

TyrantBoss

I still would like Disney to bring some Wall-E themes to Epcot, even if they create a lounge that duplicates the cruise/spaceship from Wall-E. Maybe a restaurant type theme where you sit in Chaise lounges and have robots serve you food. Disney...on the forefront of robotic servers...now THAT would be innovative and futuristic.

While they're at it I really wish the future world of Epcot would light up at night like a Tron city skyline, everything outlined in a neon/LED lighting scheme.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Maybe they can make future world actually look like the future rather than 1990.

Disney has tons of corporate partnerships with firms who I'm sure would be willing to help create something futuristic that represents what some of these companies plan to do going forward. The thing is would Disney do it seeing as usually they want those firms to pay too much money to be involved.

KCheatle

I'm curious as to why/how someone on here doesn't know more about what's coming next?? It makes me wonder if Disney actually doesn't have a solid idea yet? I have a hard time believing that since this is in such a prominent area of the park, but I would expect someone on here to have some info. Just surprised I guess...

TRONorail12

With Avatar underway, a huge makeover coming to Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs charging ahead full steam, and New Fantasyland already done at MK, this might be the final piece of the puzzle to a huge expansion push at WDW. Innoventions is a large enough space to put in a decent dark ride attraction and they are already spending money on Norway and Soarin', so maybe those additions are part of a larger picture.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

With Avatar underway, a huge makeover coming to Hollywood Studios, Disney Springs charging ahead full steam, and New Fantasyland already done at MK, this might be the final piece of the puzzle to a huge expansion push at WDW. Innoventions is a large enough space to put in a decent dark ride attraction and they are already spending money on Norway and Soarin', so maybe thoseadditions are part of a larger picture.

I brought up a question about why there hasn't been any concept art out...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/concept-art-question.897001/ But, I haven't had any replies about it...

TyrantBoss

Maybe they can make future world actually look like the future rather than 1990.

Disney has tons of corporate partnerships with firms who I'm sure would be willing to help create something futuristic that represents what some of these companies plan to do going forward. The thing is would Disney do it seeing as usually they want those firms to pay too much money to be involved.

With cutting-edge, future based companies like Apple and Google...I would think it would make sense to reach out to those two companies to seek sponsorship to make Epcot look FAR more futuristic.
Not to mention....Disney now basically owns ILM and PIXAR. So those special effect and computer graphic technologies can somehow be incorporated into making Epcot a fully immersive futuristic experience.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I still would like Disney to bring some Wall-E themes to Epcot, even if they create a lounge that duplicates the cruise/spaceship from Wall-E. Maybe a restaurant type theme where you sit in Chaise lounges and have robots serve you food. Disney...on the forefront of robotic servers...now THAT would be innovative and futuristic.

While they're at it I really wish the future world of Epcot would light up at night like a Tron city skyline, everything outlined in a neon/LED lighting scheme.

I posted a while ago that an environmental film starring Wall*E should replace the Circle of Life film in The Land! That's just my personal opinion though. But I think that'd be a great update to that theatre. Maybe make it 3D was special effects

stevehousse

I think they should actually redo universe of energy and make it into a "Green Pavillion" of energy, which a ride featuring Walle and all they new advances in energy and conservation of our planet. So what happened in the wallet movie won't really happen someday or something like that...

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
With cutting-edge, future based companies like Apple and Google...I would think it would make sense to reach out to those two companies to seek sponsorship to make Epcot look FAR more futuristic.
Not to mention....Disney now basically owns ILM and PIXAR. So those special effect and computer graphic technologies can somehow be incorporated into making Epcot a fully immersive futuristic experience.

Disney's Research Institute should have a presence as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom