Villain's Unleashed/Fantasmic Dinner Package

Abby's Daddy

Original Poster
Not sure if anyone would have the answer to this but I figured I would give it a try since it appears Disney Dining does not have a definitive answer themselves. We are going in August and it just so happens that the day we plan to go to DHS is August 23, 2014. We made all our ADRs for the trip 180 days out including the Fantasmic Dinner Package at Brown Derby. Obviously, Disney recently announced Villain's Unleashed would be the same day.

I called Disney on Saturday and at that point Disney Dining told me there is no way I could have the Fantasmic Dinner package as Fantasmic is blocked out for Villains Unleashed, however, sure enough when she looked at my ADR the woman told me that in fact I do still have a Fantasmic Package, however, if I wanted to use it I would have to buy Villains Unleashed tickets when it went on sale to the general public Monday morning. Though she wasn't even sure if the Package would remain even if I bought the tickets or if there would be tickets available this morning.

This morning I had to call twice because Disney did not load the Villains Unleashed tickets right away. Nonetheless, I was able to purchase Villains Unleashed. Though when I asked the woman about the Fantasmic Package she initially wasn't sure if I could use it still but stated once I purchased the tickets she believed I could. Aside from the obvious complaints that I did make my ADRs 180 days in advance and they changed the entire day on me (yes I am aware Disney's rides, attractions, and the like are subject to change) and that Villains Unleashed was only offered to AP holders and DVC members to start, thus potentially locking me out of the reservations I made almost 120 days ago, my question is does any know for sure now that I have my tickets for Villains Unleashed if my meal at Brown Derby will still include the Fantasmic Dinner Package? In order to get the package we had to eat dinner at 4:00 P.M. which given the option we would rather eat later. Thus, if we can't get the package we would rather just make a later ADR.

Disvillain63

This happened to us when we had the Wishes Dessert Party already scheduled and the night became a MNSSHP. We kept the ADR and it all worked out. I think 4:00 is a good time if you have spent the money for the villain night...you'd want to keeo the evening open to enjoy the festivities.

Abby's Daddy

Original Poster
This happened to us when we had the Wishes Dessert Party already scheduled and the night became a MNSSHP. We kept the ADR and it all worked out. I think 4:00 is a good time if you have spent the money for the villain night...you'd want to keeo the evening open to enjoy the festivities.

Thanks for the advice, it's good to know they honored the ADR. Not sure why Disney cannot answer the question definitively. Besides that my only real frustration with the whole process would have occurred if I was unable to get the tickets to Villains Unleashed. After making ADRs 180 days out and for the most part getting all the restaurants we wanted it would be difficult to just up and try and switch days and get reservations at the same restaurants. Though we are going for a week that is the only day we plan on being in DHS. With a child turning four, it makes sense to maximize time in MK. If Villains Unleashed sold out it would have thrown a real wrench into our plans.

Abby's Daddy

Original Poster
Just learned from Disney there will be no Fantasmic that night at all as they are having a special fireworks show at midnight. My Brown Derby reservation will not be honored at 4:00 since the last reservation at all restaurants will must be prior to 3 hours before regular park close. They moved the reservation to 3:50 and basically did nothing with regards to the fact that dining is misrepresenting Fantasmic will still be shot off as long as you by Villains Unleashed. The only thing they were willing to do was refund tickets for Villains Unleashed if I wanted. Though we decided to keep the tickets and try the event.

Abby's Daddy

Original Poster
So they are dropping things already. I know that I saw it on the WDW site that they were having Fantasmic that night with the villains starting the show. I no longer see it on the site though.

Found it on the Blog though. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...oming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-august-23/
What is troubling about it all is that the left hand doesn't tell the right hand what it is doing. Disney Dining was advertising it with the Fantasmic Pre-Show; Brown Derby called to tell me my whole reservation was canceled; Guest Services wasn't sure either way and had to contact both Brown Derby and Disney Dining. Ultimately, Guest Services advised that all restaurants in the park will be closing that night 3 hours prior to park close so all reservations must be one hour before that.

As I said we are interested to see the hard ticket event and probably would have purchased the tickets anyway but there is apart of me that feels hoodwinked out of more money.

The character list appears to have now been released.

http://www.chipandco.com/full-character-list-villains-unleashed-event-hollywood-studios-192737/

Seems very Stars Wars heavy. Not sure if the Cheshire Cat really could be considered a villain. Keeping fingers crossed my DD who will be turning four will like it.

asianway

What is troubling about it all is that the left hand doesn't tell the right hand what it is doing. Disney Dining was advertising it with the Fantasmic Pre-Show; Brown Derby called to tell me my whole reservation was canceled; Guest Services wasn't sure either way and had to contact both Brown Derby and Disney Dining. Ultimately, Guest Services advised that all restaurants in the park will be closing that night 3 hours prior to park close so all reservations must be one hour before that.

As I said we are interested to see the hard ticket event and probably would have purchased the tickets anyway but there is apart of me that feels hoodwinked out of more money.

The character list appears to have now been released.

http://www.chipandco.com/full-character-list-villains-unleashed-event-hollywood-studios-192737/

Seems very Stars Wars heavy. Not sure if the Cheshire Cat really could be considered a villain. Keeping fingers crossed my DD who will be turning four will like it.
Hey @mickey_hunter looks familiar

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm seeing reservations from Sci-fi & Hollywood and Vine for 4:30 to 5:45. I wonder if fantasmic is being considered part of the hard ticket event so they can no longer offer the dining package but the show will still go on?
I have also never heard that "the last reservation at all restaurants will must be prior to 3 hours before regular park close." I have had reservations 30 minutes before park close as well as reservations during extra magic hours.
If I were you, since you said you were interested anyway, I would switch my reservation to lunch instead (they have lunch specials at HBD, that are really good), and enjoy the foods offered at the party.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom