Villains Sinister Soirée

Disneymom201

I am a few weeks out from planning our dining. I am deciding on what to do the night of MNSSHP.
I remembered reading last year about the Villians Sininster Soirée but haven't seen anything about it this year. Did anyone do this last year? How was your experience? Is it worth the $99 per person? Has anyone seen if it is happening again this year?
Thanks for any input.

Tom 55

My wife and I go to Disney World in September most years. We always do the MNSSHP. Dress in costumes, go trick or treating around the Magic Kingdom. In 2014 we had already bought our MNSSHP tickets when we decided to do the Villians event. Found out that that night was already sold out. So we not only bought the Villians event but another set of MNSSHP. It was nice having the special reserved spot for the Boo To You parade right at the circle in front of the castle. It was also one of the best viewing spots for the fire works. It was a roped of area just for Villians ticket holders. Not crowded at all. The seating in the castle is very limited. I think there were only 100 people there total. My birthday is October 31 so I looked at the expense as a splurge for my birthday. Here are some pictures.

Attachments

• 2014-09-12 19.48.24.jpg
    2014-09-12 19.48.24.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2014-09-12 20.11.31.jpg
    2014-09-12 20.11.31.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 2014-09-12 20.34.16-3.jpg
    2014-09-12 20.34.16-3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 2014-09-12 20.38.59.jpg
    2014-09-12 20.38.59.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 2014-09-12 22.23.18.jpg
    2014-09-12 22.23.18.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 2014-09-12 22.45.24.jpg
    2014-09-12 22.45.24.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 2014-09-12 22.59.46.jpg
    2014-09-12 22.59.46.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 0

JohnD

My wife and I go to Disney World in September most years. We always do the MNSSHP. Dress in costumes, go trick or treating around the Magic Kingdom. In 2014 we had already bought our MNSSHP tickets when we decided to do the Villians event. Found out that that night was already sold out. So we not only bought the Villians event but another set of MNSSHP. It was nice having the special reserved spot for the Boo To You parade right at the circle in front of the castle. It was also one of the best viewing spots for the fire works. It was a roped of area just for Villians ticket holders. Not crowded at all. The seating in the castle is very limited. I think there were only 100 people there total. My birthday is October 31 so I looked at the expense as a splurge for my birthday. Here are some pictures.

It's nice that you have the option to pay for TWO MNSSHPs and the Soirre. Many of us, don't have that option. Taking something away and not replacing them then adding to an up sell event inside the party was a thumb in the nose who found the extra money just to go to the party itself ONCE.

Upvote 0

Tom 55

It's nice that you have the option to pay for TWO MNSSHPs and the Soirre. Many of us, don't have that option. Taking something away and not replacing them then adding to an up sell event inside the party was a thumb in the nose who found the extra money just to go to the party itself ONCE.
I did not want to have to buy two MNSSHP. We were told originally that we could change the dates of our first set of tickets. When we went to do that then we were told that we could not. It left our only option of buying a second set if we wanted to do the Villians event. It is one of those experiences that we would only do once. Along the same lines we have paid the price for a number of the behind the scenes tours. Whats the difference? Disney offer special events but to get them you have to pay for them. Now that I have heard that they are not offering the Villains event this year it makes me feel better that I took advantage of it when it was available.

Upvote 0

PinnySmart

I personally think that the uncharge event inside of an already expensive hard ticket event was a little greedy even for Disney. I went to several parties and enjoyed each one. I do not do meet and greets so the soirée was of no interest to me but I did actually miss the mix and mingle. I go for the atmosphere and the overall energy and I think removing the Villians and keeping them locked away in th castle was just a little much. I did have several friends who purchased tickets in advance and after learning of the changes did receive a refund or other compensation. This was a common occurs cd after the Villian's Unleashed event as well but that is a story for another day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom