Villain Mountain

Chad

Original Poster
I posted this on the old list, but didn't get many replies, so I thought I'd bring it over here. As soon as bond gets added to the website, this'll be next, so you can see it.

Ok, I forgot who brought up the idea, but I remember reading two rumors, One about a water ride based on Disnye Villains, and the other was a ride using the spider man technology for a villains ride...SO I figured, Use Both! I came up with a loose Idea.. That centers around a few villains. Basically, the ride would be housed in a mountain with a dark castle on it. You would enter the line, winding through dyngeans and cold, stone walls, etc. And you would get into a weird looking boat. Basically, its a river rapids boat <the circular ones.> but all the seats are facing fowards, not inwards to the circle, this is so everyone can see straight ahead. The boats would also be loosly attached to a track under the water, loose enough that it can still rock around and water can still spill onto the boat, but not so loose that it doesn't follow a specific path, Anyways. You would get 3-d goggles, like the ones that you get for Battle for the bucanner gold at Disney Quest, They have a big strap on the back so they stay on your head better. Then as soon as you leave the load station, you'd go straight up a lift, were you would hear the villains grumping over how they are the strongest, and how much the hate mickey and the other heros, etc... Then they would notice you were here, and the first voice you would hear would be Jafars, saying something like,"I'll take care of them.." Next you would be going down a somewhat straight river, rapids knocking your boat back and forth as you travel towards Jafar, projected on a 3d screen on the back, He would turn into a snake, and he would try to snap at the boat as it comes closer, Then suddenly, you would drop right below the screen. Next, it would be Ursula's turn, The boat would turn so you move through this scene 'sideways' and would see the huge ursula laughing and moving her tentecales at you, as her tentecles would slap the water, real water jets would spray water in tune with the movie. You escpae from ursula with another small dip, and now it Chernaboug's <sp?> turn. The big Dragon would breath fire, and the fire jets around in the water would spout real flames, and the rapids would still be knocking your boat around. Again, You escape with a short drop, into a dark room, you would hear a menacing, deep voice say,"Let me show you how it's done." And you would start up another lift hill, were, up ahead of you, the big demon guy from fantasia would stand, grinning as you approach him, with the ballad of bald mountain or whatever that song is called plays. Ghosts would be floating around as you come up, making close fly-by's at your face <in 3-d of course...> and then when you get to the top, he would say "Fall to your Deaths!" (or somethign similar) and you would take the final big plunge down and outside the mountain, making a big splash and throughly soaking yourself.

So, tell me what you think?

Brett

I like the idea a lot. I always love water based rides, especially Splash Mountain. The only problem I see is that Chernobog is the villian from Fantasia. We're you thinking of another villian as the thrid one that approaches you....

Goofster

Awesome idea! but yeah, i thought those two guys were the same. Just think up another villain that could turn into a dragon. I'm sure there's some older Disney movie with a Villain that turns into a dragon, or could if they wanted to at least. Or well you might have been thinking of another person and just thought his name was Chernabog.

Chad

Original Poster
Chernaboug was the demon guy from Fantasia? Don't I feel dumb! I thought that was the name of the dragon Malificent turned into...
Well, thats what I ment, the dragon was the malificent scary black dragon
Glad everyone likes it
:)

WDW-Imagineer

Cool idea, but I would still like to see Chernabog in it. I think he is the coolest and scariest (he's practically Satan) Disney "villain".

:eek: :eek:

Chad

Original Poster
He is in it! The last scene is him, dropping you down the big drop! I used to love that scene in the movie! Read the ending, you'll see he's in it :) All though he's reffered to as the fantasia demon.

WDW-Imagineer

Ahh ha, that's the way I like it. As you can see, I've made old Chernabog by avatar. He protects me and takes care of anybody who tries to flame me. ;) :D

Chad

Original Poster
<laughs> I see, I just wouldn't want him following me around, ecspecially at night...

Actually I was more scarred by those candle carrying monks or saints or whatever that come at the end, I thought htey were creepy

Brett

I agree, this concept is great and with rumors that Disney has a "Bald" Mountain in the works, I'd love to see a villians ride pop up somewhere.

Disney Maniac

I love Disney Villians and I like this idea. A lot. WDW definitly needs a Villian's RIDE, not just Fantasmic!, since that features many of the classic Disney Villians.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom