video walk down memory lane....grab your popcorn!!!

Krack2

im estatic that they have been so well recieved, and i wouldnt post hem on any other wdw site.

in 1989, i was 13. this was the trip we took when mgm either first opened or was still within a year of opening.

We're the same age, and my family took a Disney trip that same year. The first three or four years after MGM opened has always been my favorite; these videos capture the apex of the WDW Resort. The Magic Kingdom was great, MGM was brand new and they hadn't wrecked EPCOT Center yet.

My favorite part of the PM Magazine video? $35 for a three day park-hopper!

raven

I love the comment the woman in Part 4 makes about the Figment topiary: "Look's like a kangaroo or somethin' sitting on a ball." :lol:

Lord Pheonix

Original Poster
that was my mom, lol. noone ever heard of figment before. woody harrelson is in that clip.

UPDATE: IV FOUND THE OTHER VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!

disneyny

I must admit your parents make the movies! They are so cute with your Dad trying to film your Mom with those (patriots?) at the American Pavilion and then panning all around to get all the stuffed animals in the Christmas windows. There's a tiger! Priceless!! I also don't know how your Dad held the camera so steady- it was like they were making a documentary of EPCOT. You will have to tell your parents how much everyone loves the videos.

erstwo

Shameless plug; go to martinsvids.net and look up Test Track - Martins Ultimate Tribute. I did a whole section about converting the building from WOM to TT :wave:

allmighty; I`m only half way through the first vid but holy crap. This is amazing. It is like a time capsule with so many details (both audio and video) captured.

Thanks for all your efforts in getting these up.

Amazing Martin! I am bookmarking your site.

I love how your videos are so amazing, you keep having to post "video not for sale." :lol: Do people ask you to buy them all the time?

Thanks for the map links too!

KramerTM

transfering old vhs to dvd:
you can buy a capture card relativly cheap, from bestbuy or someother simular store, usually around $25 to $50, then hook ur vcr to the pc using rca cables, or the cable coax. this is better as you can sometimes fix issues using video editing software, not to mention you can use it to copy tv shows or movies, things like that.

Just read up a bunch on this. I'm going to give it a shot and try transerring all my Disney World videos to DVD (mostly from 1989 - 1995). Would be happy to post some clips if there's some interest in seeing it. Like I said before, a lot of the footage is my dad walking around with the lens cap on (A+ for effort, but not so much on the execution), but there must be some good nuggets in there.

Maybe you can find yourself in my 1989 footage. Sounds like I'm 7 years or so younger than you, but by all means, look for yourself.

Mr.EPCOT

I just discovered these, thanks to the Progress City USA blog. Absolutely wonderful. Pure paradise for me.

Isn't it about time that someone pull an atommobiles.com on EPCOT Center? All someone needs to do then is invent the holodeck!

Lord Pheonix

Original Poster
im transferring the videos onto the pc as we speak, ill start uploading them to my channel this afternoon. 6 disc's worth, opening day footage of epcot, mgm, more detailed footage of disney village,loads of magic kingdom (pre-epcot days) cypress gardens, the first disneyworld xmas parade ever, and a few shows. id say this batch is gonna take me at least a week, lol.

I just discovered these, thanks to the Progress City USA blog.

whats that?

Mr.EPCOT

im transferring the videos onto the pc as we speak, ill start uploading them to my channel this afternoon. 6 disc's worth, opening day footage of epcot, mgm, more detailed footage of disney village,loads of magic kingdom (pre-epcot days) cypress gardens, the first disneyworld xmas parade ever, and a few shows. id say this batch is gonna take me at least a week, lol.

Did you say opening day footage of EPCOT Center?! As in Friday, the First day of October in the year Nineteen-hundred and eighty-two?! :eek:

whats that?

Behold!

Lord Pheonix

Original Poster
i dont remember, lol. i distinctly remember being there in the opening WEEK, but i was young then and dont remember if i was there that day WITH the camera. according to my mother, we were. for those of you who think shes cute in the vids, wait till you see the next batch, especcially the ones with me and here at south of the border. im the cute, short one.

i am completely humbled and flabbergasted that i have an entire page devoted to my videos on another site, (until today i never heard of it, SHHH!!! dont tell the sites webmaster,) looks like i have a hit youtube channel on my hands.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've watched some more of these today....this is a GREAT historical detail I think the comments on the ProgressCity site are correct, this is a very good treasure to capture a moment in EPCOT Center's history.

A few notes....the difference between that really inviting entrance of nice, small flower beds vs. the Monolith Cemetary we have now is incredible...really makes me miss the old entrance, it was much more inviting than what's there now. :fork:

A centerpiece to the fountain as well...is it that hard to create a new one????

As for the lack of guests, I don't think it was really suffering that much, attendance wise from the numbers I've looked at. I've seen MK that slow sometimes as well, but not as much anymore since there is no more "offseason"

But getting 20 million people a year...that's a bit of optimism even for MK!

Mr.EPCOT

i am completely humbled and flabbergasted that i have an entire page devoted to my videos on another site, (until today i never heard of it, SHHH!!! dont tell the sites webmaster,) looks like i have a hit youtube channel on my hands.

Well, you've hit upon a not insignificant segment of the Disney fan community that thinks that EPCOT Center is something special and important. Many of us feel that something unique and meaningful was lost with the changes that started in 1994, and the personality of the park altered for the worse. So to be able to soak in the atmosphere and details of the park at such an early age is a true gift. So thank you!

Actually,year of our Lord,Figment!:lol:

Dreamfinder!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom