VIDEO - The Paul McKenna Band opens at Epcot's United Kingdom pavilion

wdrive

I'm not really a massive fan, I don't like their costumes, if you could call them that, and they just seem pretty 'meh' to me. I don't hate them however and they're a lot better than the Lumberjacks.

FutureCEO

I love Scottish music but they look like street corner musicians that you see in cities. I would have love some dancing but I'm getting ahead of myself. Kinda boring songs.

wannabeBelle

Hi there Don, They are not in the same category either, I love my Off Kilter, but this is in the lines of the more traditional Gaelic and Celtic bands I have seen at Irish Fests and such. You cant really compare the two. I think we ditch the Jacks, get OK Back and we will be set for great music on this side of the lagoon!!! Oh and FYI, according to the grapevine, British Revolution is staying as well, this band is a replacement for the World Showcase Players. Marie

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They're talented musicians, and I enjoy their music.

One comment: as a few others have noticed as well, I think their outfits are too average looking for a performance group in World Showcase. I'd like to see the WDW clothing designers create a style for them, that would enhance their stage presence.

wannabeBelle

I was incredibly disappointed with the Mo'Rockin' replacement as well so not quite 3 out of 4. The flag troupe looks all right but not something I'd go out of my way for. Maybe a one and a half?? I do agree about the costumes for the new act though. Although this is what you'd see at any Irish Pub. Maybe that is what they are going for? Marie

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I was incredibly disappointed with the Mo'Rockin' replacement as well so not quite 3 out of 4. The flag troupe looks all right but not something I'd go out of my way for. Maybe a one and a half?? I do agree about the costumes for the new act though. Although this is what you'd see at any Irish Pub. Maybe that is what they are going for? Marie
Yep I think the look is intentional - modern street music.

Jon81uk

To be honest the only act I have stopped to watch is the acrobatic circus in China,oh, and the Candy sculpting lady in Japan (before she left). I have no real interest in any of the musical acts.

FutureWorld1982

This is definitely a fantastic addition to World Showcase! It's truly beautiful music, which fits perfectly within the pavilion. It also reminds me a bit of the "How to Train Your Dragon" score... That may be also be a reason why I think they are great! ;-)

doctornick

To be honest the only act I have stopped to watch is the acrobatic circus in China,oh, and the Candy sculpting lady in Japan (before she left). I have no real interest in any of the musical acts.

I generally like the musical acts more for ambiance (background music when exploring the pavilion) than to see and consciously watching them. So, for me, stuff like this Celtic band and the new Moroccan act are ideal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom