Vero Beach Excursion Help

jeffk410

Original Poster
I am looking for advice on excursions located near Disney's Vero Beach resort. I have never been to the resort or the area for that matter. Google search has not brought up too many options; one Kayak and Snorkel adventure, but it is fairly pricey. Any reviews or suggestions are appreciated ! Would love to find one or two day trip adventures.

Thanks as always

-Jeff

epcotisbest

I am looking for advice on excursions located near Disney's Vero Beach resort. I have never been to the resort or the area for that matter. Google search has not brought up too many options; one Kayak and Snorkel adventure, but it is fairly pricey. Any reviews or suggestions are appreciated ! Would love to find one or two day trip adventures.

Thanks as always

-Jeff
We drove down to Palm Beach (about an hour and a half south) and rented bicycles and rode the Palm Beach bicycle trail around the many mansions there. Fascinating. Also visited the Flagler Museum there. The bicycle trail among the mansions was a wonderful ride.
We also went just north of Vero to Sebastian and enjoyed the sleepy little fishing village ambiance while dining at a little seafood dive out over the water called Squidlips. Great, very fresh seafood. In Vero, there is an art museum too.

jeffk410

Original Poster
Awesome, thanks for the information! I am definitely interested in eating some fresh seafood. The mansions seem like something I would do as well.

Appreciate it !

216bruce

Even a bike rental from the resort, with a little research, can be a solid two hour or more excursion. There's a really nice nature preserve very nearby and lots of pricey beach real estate to ogle on the ride. No too much further is manatees and lots of other place to see around the Indian River. We are in our mid-50's and had no problem with the pedaling. Just be aware of using the bike lanes- local walkers get kinda honked-off if you are on the sidewalks too much. Here's a link to the Nature Centerhttp://www.discoverelc.org/ and to the Wildlife Preserve http://www.fws.gov/refuges/profiles/index.cfm?id=41572

epcotisbest

Awesome, thanks for the information! I am definitely interested in eating some fresh seafood. The mansions seem like something I would do as well.

Appreciate it !
You are welcome. Hope you have a great trip. Here are a few pics.

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5501.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom