Verizon is interested in buying Comcast.

seascape

Original Poster
Verizon is after a major acquisition and it may be Comcast. What will happen to the themeparks if that happens?

BubbaQuest

It would definitely be an interesting FTC hurdle, but I know Verizon has been pushing hard to get involved in some time of content streaming service (think Hulu). I'm assuming that is the main reason they are still interested in Yahoo (plus the ad network). I don't know if Yahoo even produces original content anymore though.

Maybe dumping FIOS was a precursor to going after Comcast cable?

JT3000

Is Verizon even big enough to buy Comcast? o_O

But to answer the question you really wanted to ask, seascape, no, Universal won't close down because their ownership changes yet again.

seascape

Original Poster
Is Verizon even big enough to buy Comcast? o_O

But to answer the question you really wanted to ask, seascape, no, Universal won't close down because their ownership changes yet again.
I never though they would close. That is not the same as wondering if Verizon would sell them off. Comcast is worth more broken up than it is as one company. Verizon is looking at either Comcast or Charter and selling off individual parts and keeping just the cable would give Verizon what it wants at a much lower cost and just buying Charter. However, if they did keep all the parts what would that mean to the expansion plans, given the debt that would be needed to pay at least 185 billion and more likely 200 billion for Comcast, which by the way is why they would sell. Also keep in mind that almost 85% of Comcast is owned by ETF's Mutual funds and other institutions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom