Vera Bradley/Disney Bags?

caseyluvsdisney

Several years back they did bags & wallets at WDW that were Vera Bradley-esque in style but not the real mccoy. The print had tons and tons of Mickeys all in it. My aunt was really into them and swore the longer you looked at them the Mickey's multiplied. They had a handbag of sorts, a small backpack, and a wallet in pink or blue. I saw them during our December 2007 trip and liked them but not enough to pay full price. Seems like the prices were comparable to those patchwork bags/accessories they have nowadays. Anywhoo, when the old man and I were at WDW in May 2008 without the kids I spotted the pink backpack and wallet both on clearance. If I remember correctly, I got the mini-backpack for $16.99 and the wallet for $4.99. I've used them on every trip since at least once. They've been thru the washing machine several times. Great pieces at a great price. Love them. I've even had ladies approach me asking where I got them and if they are really VB's. :D

Can u post pics?

scpergj

Several years back they did bags & wallets at WDW that were Vera Bradley-esque in style but not the real mccoy. The print had tons and tons of Mickeys all in it. My aunt was really into them and swore the longer you looked at them the Mickey's multiplied. They had a handbag of sorts, a small backpack, and a wallet in pink or blue. I saw them during our December 2007 trip and liked them but not enough to pay full price. Seems like the prices were comparable to those patchwork bags/accessories they have nowadays. Anywhoo, when the old man and I were at WDW in May 2008 without the kids I spotted the pink backpack and wallet both on clearance. If I remember correctly, I got the mini-backpack for $16.99 and the wallet for $4.99. I've used them on every trip since at least once. They've been thru the washing machine several times. Great pieces at a great price. Love them. I've even had ladies approach me asking where I got them and if they are really VB's. :D

I bought the backpack for my wife a couple of years ago, and she uses it when we go on vacation. I think my son and I got it in Disney's Hollywood Studios. Also got her a Pandora-ish glass bead with the Mickey icon on it at the same time.

Yiayiatink

Heard it too

It was either in August or September - I was speaking to a CM in the emporium I think after she made a comment about my Vera. We talked about the outlet store that is now open in Orlando and I told her that I was going to send a letter to Vera and suggest that they get together with Disney and make some cool stuff. The CM told me that it was already In the works and that she had expected it to be ready last spring and was surprised that it was not in the parks yet. The CM was a manager and spoke with authority so I have been looking for some announcement since then. I sure hope she was right and that it happens soon. I think it would be a marriage made in heaven!

alissafalco

image.jpg

CinderMama

Agreed! I really wanted to like the other ones but just didn't. This one is super cute though. And I love the colors so much more! Looks like I just figured out how to spend my birthday money!:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom