Vegetarian Options?

Welshphin

Original Poster
Firstly I'd like to apologise for all our questions from now until we go to WDW in October 2016 as I'm sure they have been answered several times over in the past but here goes nothing.

Sadly my partner is a veggie (sigh!), I'd really like to go to places like Fulton's Crab House, Shula's Steakhouse, House of Blues etc... but the Veggie options seem very (VERY) limited.

Do we need to phone ahead to request something like a veggie bean burger?
Are they able to cook certain dishes without the fish/meat?
Will they look at her funny if we just order a couple of veggie sides?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Regards,

WelshPhin

littleroo

No apologies necessary! We all ask a lot of questions:D There are vegetarian options everywhere including buffets. The chefs will go above and beyond to please! Happy planning!!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello I'm a vegan (no meat, dairy, eggs , fish etc. I will eat honey) I've never been looked at funny when ordering meals. Most cs, but not all with burgers will have a veggie burger option, but ask for the ingredients as some have dairy &/or egg. Also ask if the buns have dairy or egg. But why limit yourself to burgers!!!!!!!!! CHH has veggie chili, and a lighthouse sandwich which can be veganized! SS has quite a few options, TC has an entire platter if you don't mind that the falafel was fried in the same oil as the chicken. Every park has at least one cs with a veggie sandwich option! There's fresh fruit carts all over, popcorn for the most part is vegan just ask. Buffets are great! Lots and lots and lots of options. And when making ADRs just state the food restrictions. I've had both really good and some just ok experiences. Chefs de France made me pasta with veggies. Nicely seasoned but not enough veggies for me and a bit oily, not bad but... BOG had great choices at both lunch and dinner! Disney really does try and make everybody's dining experiences magical. BTW allears has menus they try and keep updated

dreamfinder

Every restaurant on property should have at least one veggie friendly option. Some will be well thought out meals, alternative protein sources like Tofu along with carb and veggies, others are cop outs like kids plain pasta or 3-4 veggie side dishes (Bistro De Paris I'm looking at you for the most expensive plate of veggies I've ever been served). The only ones that may be tough to offer a real meal are ones with a limited pantry like Hoop Dee Doo. Some chefs will bend over backwards to accommodate, and others barely show up for work. (Think of it like showing up to a BBQ place and having one chef offer you carnivores a nicely smoked side of pork, and another chef offering you a hot dog.) But they should be expecting a fair amount of veggie burgers and pressed veggie sandwiches at CS locations.

PeoplemoverTTA

This Facebook group has been a huge help for me since I switched to a vegan diet - you can seriously find answers to any question here (the members are super friendly and helpful). And not to worry - my husband and I are eating at Shula's on Friday. Their veggie sides are seriously delicious, and I'm going to have soup and salad as well. I could have called and asked them to make something special but didn't get around to it. Just about every WDW restaurant will have options (mostly delicious ones, too).

Here's the #1 tip I've learned - there's a chef at Trail's End (at Ft. Wilderness - he also works Hoo Dee Doo), named Chef TJ. This guy apparently makes the most amazing vegan meals for guests and their families. I haven't been able to get there for one of his meals yet, but it's on most vegetarian/vegan's ADR lists.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/509637195830619/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom