Various taxi questions....

mcfrost

Original Poster
Arriving at the Contemporary 8/23...travel agent has arranged "Star Taxi"..says it is affiliated with Mears..anyone have experience with "Star"? Have my travel agent checking it out but wanted other opinions.
Also, am planning to go to Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Universal. Anyone know approx. rates? Am starting to think we may be better off renting a car....would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

AEfx

mcfrost said:
Arriving at the Contemporary 8/23...travel agent has arranged "Star Taxi"..says it is affiliated with Mears..anyone have experience with "Star"? Have my travel agent checking it out but wanted other opinions.
Also, am planning to go to Discovery Cove, SeaWorld and Universal. Anyone know approx. rates? Am starting to think we may be better off renting a car....would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

If you are going to spend more than one day outside of WDW, just g'head and rent a car if you can. Another idea is to rent a car for only part of the trip - the days you want to go to Universal/Sea World/etc. You can pick-up and drop off cars on Disney property (at the Swan hotel and the Car Care Center near the MK) if you decide to go this route (I believe it's Alamo and National that have cars on property). A Taxi is going to cost you more just one-way than a daily rental on a compact car.

AEfx

TURKEY

I don't think Star is part of the Mears group, but it might be. Every time you call for a taxi, you get either a Yellow or Checker Cab.

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
mcfrost said:

Hi,

Star Taxi is actually going to send you a towncar. They have a "partnership" with Disney, together with Mears for towncars. For taxis, only Mears is allowed in the WDW area for pick-ups though.

One question for you. How much is Star charging you. We also offer this service and we are a WDWMAGIC sponsor. You may check all the reviews we've had in the past in the transportation Forum. :animwink:

For outside attractions you may use Mears shuttle ($14.00 per person roundtrip) or take a taxi. We also offer this service, so please check our website for more details. :wave:

Have your travel agent contact us. Maybe they are not aware that they can book transportation other than the ones WDW uses. Actually, she will probably save their clients some money by using us. ;)

For any questions feel free to contact us at any time.

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

saltmom1

Use one of the transportation services. Our travel agent looked into the cost of renting a car for 3 days and taking Mears. It was less than half the price to use the transportation services discussed on this website. A car would have cost us about $ 400 and that does not include insurance. For 4 people using the shuttle services for 3 days is $168.Then, if you rented a car, you would have to pay for parking and the hassle of trying to find your destination and driving in an unfamiliar area.

Rcoaster809

Hey,

I got to say something here. If you can, go with Quicksilver. I just got back from Disney this evening, and Quicksilver was an excellent beginning and end to our vacation. I called them a few times before the trip, and once the the morning of our trip because the stupid airline cancelled our connecting flight. Quicksilver said it would not be a problem, that our arrival time changed. While we were at WDW, our driver called the the day before our departure just to confirm everything. It was excellent.

Thanks Gregory Nicolas for your excellent service, and Douglas, our driver.

Bottom line... Quicksilver was great and next year we will go with them again!

celticdog

First i'd like to state that i'm already reserved for Quicksilver to take us to and from the airport.

I have a question concerning local taxi services for short local trips (i.e between resorts, from DTD to a resort, etc.). Particularly where Disney transportation may be too time consuming.

Does anyone have a name and phone number of a good and reasonable local taxi company?

Thanks for any assistance.

TURKEY

Unless you want to call and arrange your own cab company, you're going to get Yellow Cab 407-422-2222. Many times they will be sitting at resorts or within 5 minutes of it, so you don't need to call in advance. Just ask luggage assistance or bell services.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom