Value VS Moderate

Englebabies

Original Poster
We are a family of four and both my husband and I are on the husky side. We are looking at going to WDW this June. So my question is How big are double beds really? Does anyone have any pictures of either value room beds or moderate room beds that I could use to compare? We are thinking if we do value we will have to do the king size bed and put the boys on cots on the floor. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

ToTBellHop

You cannot be guaranteed a king bed at the values and they are very limited. We used to always request a king and only ever got one on our honeymoon. The double beds are the typical double bed size--small. My wife and I are somewhat svelte and found it to be small (of course, we have a queen at home so we are used to that). At all of the moderates other than Caribbean Beach, you get two queens or a king, which is really nice (and you can guarantee and pay for a king bed at the mods). Caribbean Beach's beds are the same size as those at the values, so I see no appeal of Caribbean Beach.

That being said, king size rooms have an occupancy of 2 unless your kids (who look young in your pic) can still sleep in Pack n Plays. If they are old enough to need a bed, I believe you are forced to get a room w/ two beds.

HouCuseChickie

I just realized that the pic above doesn't show a queen. This one doesn't have measurements, but does still have visual differences...

I can say this...we've avoided the Values b/c we're just not comfortable in a double. Having a comfy place to sleep is one of the key aspects to a good trip, so it's worth spending a bit more if it boils down to getting a good night of sleep.

Tinkerbell397

I would go with a moderate for many reasons but if you want to stick with a value, perhaps each one of you can sleep with one of the children in the double beds. That would give you more space. We did that when our kids were little and we stayed in a moderate....my husband slept with our son and I slept with our daughter. They were probably 6 and 8 at the time. Have a great time!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can not get a king room with a party of 4 at a value resort. The only way you can do it is state that you must have a handicap accessible room.

The queen beds at the moderates are the way to go.

Fantasmic

Now, my OH and I aren't big people, he's 6ft and average size, I'm 5ft6 and a US size 10. So not big.

We struggled in the PORS beds in 2009 AND 2011...We end up sleeping on our own! We're used to a massive bed at home! I think it's a queen!
I've requested a King Size at AOA in sept. Fingers crossed!

WDWVolFan

I would say it depends on your budget: if money is not an issue heck yeah upgrade, but if it is, I'd go with a value.
You're just there to sleep anyway...and the price difference per night can be anywhere between $50-$100...on a 10 day trip, it adds up.

rsoxguy

The beds at the Values are not suited for two adults, and this is coming from a guy who is medium framed and at a normal weight for his height. Those beds are not a comfortable experience. Go with the Queen sized beds at the Moderates.

WDWVolFan

We stayed at the All Star Movies last year and we got two Queens, just booked in advance and they put it in my reservation and we got it.
It was great and saved me a ton.

LuLaSue

Now, my OH and I aren't big people, he's 6ft and average size, I'm 5ft6 and a US size 10. So not big.

We struggled in the PORS beds in 2009 AND 2011...We end up sleeping on our own! We're used to a massive bed at home! I think it's a queen!
I've requested a King Size at AOA in sept. Fingers crossed!

I am 5 foot 8 140 pounds and DH is 6 foot 1 230 pounds. We sleep seperately unless we are in a king size bed.:geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom