'Vacation planner' please help!!

ash_xoxox

Original Poster
So I interviewed in person for the job of Vacation Planner at WDW last Tuesday. The interview was short (about 15 mins) and very casual. The recruiter asked me why WDW and I said it was a company with a lot of room for growth which he seemed to really like. I also have a lot of experience in fine dining food service which we touched on too. He said if I were interested he'd recommend me for a serving position if something opened up too. He actually asked me very few questions about the position itself which worried me. The only thing that felt specific was how much I know about the tickets they offer. I said as a floridian I'm more familiar with the FLres packages but have a basic working knowledge of the benefits of buying different ticket options for different lengths of stays.I also said I knew of the huge following disney has w / forums etc online and that it would be a great resource for me to learn more info. He seemed impressed. At the end of the interview he made sure that my contact info was accurate. He said I was really outgoing and would be a great fit for the company, and that the only thing that could work against me is that I still live in fort lauderdale. I said I have appointments in the area to look at apts (my lease in ft laud ends in sept but I could walk away a month or two early) and family in vero beach I could stay with while i transition up to orlando if the job needed me to start earlier than that. he shook my hand and said that it is a two-interview process and that I would be hearing back about a second interview. "It could be tomorrow.It could be three weeks from now but it will be soon." I left the interview feeling really confident. (I also realized later in the day that i forgot to take my nose ring out, but it;s small and relatively unnoticeable.) fast forward (less than) a week later and I'm nervous that I haven't heard anything back. My dashboard still says "in progress" and I've read on this site that the way he ended the interview was a polite "no". It was also so fast I'm nervous I didnt leave a good enough impression. I'd brought a detailed resume/cv to give to him but he seemed to have whatever i'd done online printed out so i didnt have the opportunity. I briefly spoke about how much the parks meant to me and I was smiling huge the entire time but I'm really nervous! it's been a dream to work for the mouse and any insight would be really appreciated!! i also called the casting center today to try and get an update on my status, because i had dropped my phone in water the day before and was worried i might have missed a call. the woman at casting told me my status there was listed as "pending second interview" and that i should hear from someone soon. she asked me if i wanted to be connected to the recruiter but i politely declined. i'm also nervous because i see here a lot of people have said they emailed the recruiter after the interview but other than his first name (Greg) I didnt get any info.

ash_xoxox

Original Poster
I'm used to taking it out for work so not wearing it wouldnt be a problem. I literally just forgot. But I'm relatively pale and it's a tiny diamond sat in silver...honestly hard to see. I'd waited on the owner of my old job four times before he noticed it and from that point i just took it out for work. I'm very nervous though that i blew it. he didn't say i was wait listed or anything. just that it's a two interview process. I dont think my location would seriously be an issue though, I know a girl in boca who commutes back and forth from MK for a part time position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom