Vacation homes

mandib

Ok I think this is the forum to put this in! Has anyone ever stayed @ a vacation home? Did you like it? The heated private pool thing is what has me excited! Tell me about your experiences!

Tink

I am an expert on this. We stay every winter in a pool home and I can tell you it is great. First off, everything you need is there (or should be) - kitchen stuff, linens, etc. You can get really good deals on the pool homes. We've always gone through a company called Florida Leisure and have had no problems whatsoever. They have a website - www.floridaleisure.com - and they are very nice to deal with.

The pool is the best. In the winter, you pay an extra fee to heat it - $50/week - but it is worth it. It is a lot of fun in the middle of the night too...two words...skinny dipping! You can't do that on property - well, I guess you could...:p

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. :)

Upvote 0

mandib

Original Poster
Hey Tink thanks 4 the website but we booked with someone else for 399 for a week! Which I think is a really good deal! 33 more days!!!

Upvote 0

Tink

Originally posted by mandib
Hey Tink thanks 4 the website but we booked with someone else for 399 for a week! Which I think is a really good deal! 33 more days!!!

Wow! That is good! That's what I am saying - you can get phenomenal deals on these houses, especially now with tourism down so low. We haven't booked yet for winter since I was planning on actually buying one of these houses and we were going to stay there. Now that that's fallen through, we are kinda waiting to see what we can get.

I know you'll have a good time - let me know how everything was when you get back! :)

Upvote 0

neilybealy

Hi

I'll be staying in a villa when I next visit WDW in September 2002 as there are 10 adults and 1 baby travelling.

I did want to stay onsite in a disney hotel but when I looked into the cost it's far cheaper staying in a villa.

For those interested in booking a villa from the UK I can recommend the following who are very friendly and helpful:

Florida Villas Select

A friend at work has booked a few times with them - his next trip is on Boxing Day!!

The villa we've booked works out at £139 each person for 2 weeks which is pretty good.

Enough from me

Enjoy

Neil

Upvote 0

mej

We stayed in a villa in July (6 adults and 2 kids). It was great having your own pool and not having to go through the usual hassle of going to a hotel pool with kids. Our hotel was way down the Osceola parkway (just beyond Buenaventura Lakes) and so it was quite a drive to the parks, that was really the only drawback.

Upvote 0

Tink

Originally posted by neilybealy

oh do tell Tink!! :slurp:

I don't know if I should reveal my secrets...well, Sherberth Road was one of my happiest finds on the west side of Disney. It takes you from 192 to AK in a minute or two. We also take a back road called Funie Steed Road (weird name, right?). It bypasses most of the 192 mess and took us to the back gate of the community Sunset Lakes - I think it would also be good if you were staying at the Lindfields. A word of warning though - the road is not paved the whole way so if is rainy I wouldn't try it (Don't ask...). But thank goodness for rentals!

Last time we stayed not too far from the WalMart on the east side of Disney at a community called Lake Berkeley and there were shortcuts there too - like cutting through a parking lot to avoid tolls on the Osceola (?). Anyway, we like to explore so we don't even mind if we get lost (which we never do, of course! ;) ).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom