Pre-Trip Vacation Creep at it's best - April 9, 12-15

I am traveling to Tampa for work in April, and somehow I've gone from spending 4 days in Tampa to spending 2.5 days in Tampa and 4 in Orlando. What can I say?! It's true that the AP burns a hole in your pocket...

I just moved my flight into Tampa to be into MCO (cheaper, so yay!) on April 9, so I can go to one of the parks that afternoon/evening and then drive to Tampa. There's a rumor that there will be Pandora previews that day, but I'm not super confident that will actually come true, as it's not a super reliable source. It was cheaper for me to pickup and return the car at MCO anyway, so I'm saving my employer money...good for me :angelic:

Any ideas about what I should do that day?! Will any of you WDWMagic-ers be there on April 9?

I'll definitely be in Tampa the 10th and 11th, then I'll be driving back to Orlando on the 12th around lunch and I'll meet my husband at MCO to drop off my rental car and ride back to WDW with him on the Magical Express.

And thus begins our very short and MUCH needed vacation!

When? April 12-15
Where? Caribbean Beach
Why? Spring Break/work trip

Wednesday: No ressies, we just want to go check out the Flower & Garden Fest. We won't be there until at least 4ish.

Thursday: FPs in MK (Pirates, 7D, Big Thunder) and dinner at Skipper Canteen

Friday: FPs in Epcot (Frozen, Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth) and dinner at Biergarten

Saturday: Morning and lunch at Epcot. Late FPs at AK (Safari, Everest), dinner at Boma!, back to AK for Rivers of Light.

That's it! We are excited to try some new eats and experience our favorite German buffet :inlove:

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
While I have never used them in WDW, I use Uber often where I live and it is extremely easy. @lentesta did a podcast last year on wdwtoday and took uber and cabs all around property to compare prices. Perhaps he can tell you which episode. It is definitely worth checking out. If I recall correctly, the uber drivers have to pick you up at Contemporary. I could be wrong or maybe that changed.

If you have never used it, the Uber app has a map and you can see the car as it approaches. In busy areas such a MK, I would recommend calling or texting the driver before they arrive so you can be sure to set an exact meeting location. I will probly use it a few times during our June trip.
Thanks for the tip! I live in a small-ish town and haven't used a taxi or uber in my whole life. I am about to go to Vegas though and I think we'll have to use it. Guess I'll figure it out there and maybe use it again at Disney!

So I would just walk to the Contemporary to meet them, then they would take me to Epcot parking lot?

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Thanks for the tip! I live in a small-ish town and haven't used a taxi or uber in my whole life. I am about to go to Vegas though and I think we'll have to use it. Guess I'll figure it out there and maybe use it again at Disney!

So I would just walk to the Contemporary to meet them, then they would take me to Epcot parking lot?
From what I understand, yes. Uber drivers can't pull up to MK entrance so you meet them at Contemporary and they can take you wherever you need on property. I'll try and find the podcast and send you the link. Be sure to have a friend who has Uber app refer to download the Uber app. You normally get a $25 credit. If I remember the podcast correctly, it was around $7-10 from Contemporary to AKL area, and cab was $15-20

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
A few updates,

@wdisney9000 I used Lyft in Nashville and Vegas last weekend and it was amaaaaazing! I will not hesitate to try that at Disney if the need arises! The awesome thing is that in certain locations, the app gives you directions on where you need to go to be picked up, so there's no wondering.

I don't remember if I mentioned that I was going to try to do Be Our Guest when I arrived. I kept trying to find a dinner reservation and never could. I had one for 2:20, but my flight lands at about 1:30, and I just don't think I could get there that quick. I've heard Alamo is slow, so I'm planning on it being a while before I make it on property.

So anyway, I cancelled BoG and booked a 3:15 meal at Chef Art Smith's Homecoming. I have been wanting to try that out and my husband and I rarely make it over to Disney Springs, so this is a good opportunity! I also want to check out a couple of the new stores. I think I'll park there, take a bus to the Epcot area resorts, walk through Epcot to get my popcorn, monorail to MK and then take a bus or Lyft back to Disney Springs that evening.

Ok, so there's the April 9 plan! Nothing's changed with the later part of the trip...I don't think.

bee

@sheriffwoody do you have an iPhone? If so scroll to the bottom of the thread and click on "upload file"
IMG_1330.PNG

Then click "choose file"
IMG_1331.PNG

Then click "photo library"
IMG_1332.PNG

Then select your photos one at a time to upload!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
IMG_1689.JPG
IMG_1690.JPG
I'm bad at posting while I'm here... too much to keep up with!

We've taken it very easy this trip. Lines are long so we haven't even ridden many rides, but I've done most everything I wanted! One more day here and we're relaxing in the room until lunch. Later is Animal Kingdom, then Boma, then AK again for Rivers of Light! Wooooo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom