Vacation advise please...

Maria

Original Poster
Looking for your kind advise... Non Disney related..sorry about that...

I have been having forced vacations (unemployment that I am enjoying!) but I want to take advantage of that free time by taking a trip to some place far from where I live... I have been seeing a lot on tv and in magazines about Greece and the Greek Islands. Has any of you been there? If so, what was your tour like?

I was in Italy last year and loved it! However, the farthest I went was Rome, so I was thinking of how to combine it being that most likely I will have to fly to Rome and take it from there.

I still haven´t checked any prices, of course, so I´m building castles in the sky... hehe.. but I would like to take a small cruise to some of the islands or go there by ferry and on my own, so I can have some time to tour some of them. Which are the ones you would recommend to see? Athens is a must, of course...;)

Thanks in advance for any info you have! :kiss:

Disney4648

Hey Maria!:) Let me offer you some of my advice. I have never been anywhere outside of North America.

but you know.... DisneyWorld always has its doors open 24/7

Maria

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disney4648

but you know.... DisneyWorld always has its doors open 24/7

hehehe.... I know that! I wanna go faaaar away! (and it would probably cost me kinda the same... :rolleyes: :( )
thanks for the advice! ;)

;)

Seano846

Unemployed and able to travel the world? Boy you must of had a REALLY good paying job before you left. Or you are independently wealthy ( in that case New York is lovely this time of year:animwink: )

Maria

Original Poster
Originally posted by Seano846
Unemployed and able to travel the world? Boy you must of had a REALLY good paying job before you left. Or you are independently wealthy ( in that case New York is lovely this time of year:animwink: )

LOL!!! I had a good paying job and saved some money specifically for my favorite hobbie: travelling!... I´m not wealthy, I wish!, but I live at my parent´s so that saves me some good money... hehe :animwink:

Disneypro

Hi Maria!!
I've been to Greece, but it was a lot of years ago so I'll tell you the few things that still stand out in my mind

1. Do see some of the closer islands like Mykonos. Crete is 8 1/2 hours out of Piraeus by ferry :eek:

2. Have dinner in the Plaka. Sissifos is a great place with live music. Food can be cheap in Greece. :sohappy: And watch out for the waiters that snap menus at you

3. If you happen to go to Crete, stop in at the Lion's Bar in Matala. It's sorta legendary, known as the last bar before Africa.

4. Do not change money on the street!!!

5. A side trip to Delphi is a must. Lots of ruins to see.

That's it for now if I remember anything else I'll post.

NowInc

I think i know a thing or 2 about greece...i was born there ;)

Maria..you know how to reach me of course ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom