Using two different airlines.

rtc975

Original Poster
Hi all. Longtime lurker, think this is my first post.

Quick question. Looking at airfare, times, all the variables... I'm probably going to be flying down on Southwest from Albany on Wed 5/11/16 and returning on JetBlue on 5/15/16. It's essentially $420 round trip for two if I book it that way. I already have the room reserved at Pop Century.

I've been down to WDW before, utilizing DME to and from MCO to Pop Century. That trip however was using one airline round trip and I did it all using carry on luggage.

This trip, I'll likely have at least one checked bag (It's just myself and my 8yr old daughter). Southwest, bags fly free but JetBlue they do not. I know DME probably won't care on what airline(s) as long as the flight data is correct, however I would like to definitely use the resort check in if possible on the return trip.

When checking luggage on the return trip, do they take the payment for the checked luggage right there at the check in desk?

Any tips with this whole scenario?

Would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks!

Rob562

If your airline charges for baggage and it's part of Resort Airline Check-In (which includes JetBlue), there will be a phone number included in your bus pickup time info the day before. You have to call and pre-pay the luggage fees before going to drop your bags off at the luggage desk. The desk cannot take payment for the luggage fees.

And as a side note, when booking Jetblue and you definitely plan on checking a bag, look at your fare options. They now list different fare categories, including the cheapest fare that doesn't include a checked bag, and a middle fare category that includes 1 checked bag in the price.
That middle category costs a little more than the cheapest fare, but it's cheaper than the price of the cheap fare + 1 bag. (For example, in my flights from Boston to Orlando this middle fare is $15 more than the cheapest fare, but it's $25 to check a bag, so that middle fare is cheaper when I'm definitely going to be checking a bag)

-Rob

rtc975

Original Poster
Yeah I saw that over the weekend. Booking that middle fare with the included bag saves a few bucks. Good prices right now for JetBlue out of Albany since they just started service to that airport in December.

If I go that route then the resort luggage desk is already taken care of or the call still has to be made?

Rob562

Yeah I saw that over the weekend. Booking that middle fare with the included bag saves a few bucks. Good prices right now for JetBlue out of Albany since they just started service to that airport in December.

If I go that route then the resort luggage desk is already taken care of or the call still has to be made?

I'd like to think that you'd be all set without the call, but I haven't traveled to Disney under the new JetBlue fare categories yet.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom