Using Old MyMagic Bands To Get FastPasses at Park Kiosks

Infinity&Beyond

Original Poster
I am going on a trip to Disney in late October and will be receiving a new MyMagic Band which will have my tickets linked to them. I plan to utilize my FastPass+ reservations online to secure Fast Passes that will be linked to my new MyMagic Band. My question is that say I have an older MyMagic Band that I used back in June, could I bring that older MyMagic Band into the park and visit a Fast Pass kiosk to obtain 3 Fast Passes for that older MyMagic Band? I would then have 3 linked to my new MyMagic Band and 3 linked to my older MyMagic Band. I understand that you don't have to link your tickets to your MyMagic Band currently, so how does the FastPass kiosks recognize the difference between a new MyMagic Band that don't have tickets linked to it and an older MyMagic Band? Thanks!

Tom

Beta Return
To elaborate, everything is linked to your My Disney Experience account. Magic Bands (old and new), tickets, resort hotel reservations and dining reservations.

All of your Magic Bands, old and new, will all sync to your one online account. If you use an old Magic Band, it will still open your hotel room door and gain access using your new tickets.

There is absolutely no way to get an additional Fastpass+ until your first three have expired.

Rob562

There is absolutely no way to get an additional Fastpass+ until your first three have expired.

...well, unless you want to spend a whole lot of money buy a second (third, fourth) set of park tickets, link them to a fake account and have that fake person enter the park and make FP+ choices... (Not to mention keep all those various accounts straight in your mind)

But that isn't exactly the most economical option... ;-)
(Great, I'm sure I'm now giving some rich person ideas...)

-Rob

Infinity&Beyond

Original Poster
...well, unless you want to spend a whole lot of money buy a second (third, fourth) set of park tickets, link them to a fake account and have that fake person enter the park and make FP+ choices... (Not to mention keep all those various accounts straight in your mind)

But that isn't exactly the most economical option... ;-)
(Great, I'm sure I'm now giving some rich person ideas...)

-Rob
Haha if you'd like to sponsor those multiple sets, I wouldn't mind!

BrianV

I've read but not willing to test/cheat...

If you link a second set of tickets to a second dummy account, you can use that set to make fast passes too. Apparently, the system doesn't (or at least didn't) check to see if the admission was activated that day. Alternatively you could just use the unused tickets for day-of fastpasses and use the ones you enter with for advanced reservations.

I think this is unethical and shouldn't be allowed. And it Risks the scond st being activated somehow. But it might be possible still.

Tom

Beta Return
I've read but not willing to test/cheat...

If you link a second set of tickets to a second dummy account, you can use that set to make fast passes too. Apparently, the system doesn't (or at least didn't) check to see if the admission was activated that day. Alternatively you could just use the unused tickets for day-of fastpasses and use the ones you enter with for advanced reservations.

I think this is unethical and shouldn't be allowed. And it Risks the scond st being activated somehow. But it might be possible still.

I think it would be pretty dumb to test the theory. And very expensive, for a couple Fastpasses.

ninjaprincesst

I have done it once but the thing was it was on my daughters band trip on spring break. We had the plastic park hopper tickets and we had magic bands that were not linked , so they just opened our room doors. We were able to use our park tickets and get three fastpasses then go to another kiosk and use our bands and get 3 more. I assume this was just some kind of glitch due to it being a band trip with the Disney Fine Arts program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom