Using Fastpass+ with Cast Member Guest Park Ticket?

mmkr03

Original Poster
I'll be visiting my good friend who's a Cast Member at WDW January 7-16 2015. She always insist on me using all of her perks as a Cast Member and I reluctantly oblige ;). My question is can I take the RFID guest pass to a Fastpass+ kiosks and make ride selections? I know I can't make advance reservations and that's fine because I don't anticipate too much waiting in the middle of January. It would be nice if I could make one or two reservations a day for the bigger E-ticket rides (7DMT comes to mind). I looked but couldn't find a thread about this exact topic so I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

JasonDeyoung

Should be able to, anytime I've gone with a friend (cm) I was given a day ticket at the entrance and could use it as normal but granted that may of changed since the magic bands came out.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yes. Like you said, you currently can't make advance reservations but you can go to a kiosk and make your FP reservations once you get into the park.

mmkr03

Original Poster
Yes. Like you said, you currently can't make advance reservations but you can go to a kiosk and make your FP reservations once you get into the park.
Awesome news thanks! So does that mean I'll be able to make 3 selections and then 1 at a time after they are exhausted or would it just be 1 at a time?

tracyandalex

We will also be with a CM, but some of us will have tickets in advance and some will not. Is there any way to get all of us the same FPs? We will all be in the same hotel room, does that allow us to book FPs together?

CAPTAIN HOOK

We will also be with a CM, but some of us will have tickets in advance and some will not. Is there any way to get all of us the same FPs? We will all be in the same hotel room, does that allow us to book FPs together?
Based solely on the above conversation - no. Those with ordinary tickets can make them in advance , the CM ticket can't

mmkr03

Original Poster

I discovered something completely on accident in 2012. I went down with some friends for 9 days with free dining. We had to buy a complete package in order to get free dining so I payed for 2 park tickets (the minimum allowed). With those tickets on my My Disney Experience account I was able to book Fastpass+ reservations in multiple parks for all 9 day! I used the CM guest pass to get into the park and the Magicband linked to my account for Fastpass+ reservations. As long as I had tickets on my account I was able to keep using Fastpass+ even though I was getting into the park for free. At that time the system was still in testing so I don't know if that trick will still work. If it does it might be worth buying a 2 day ticket (2 because of the tiered ticket pricing) so that everyone in your party can get Fastpass+ reservations together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom