Use Single Rider lines!!

Mark_E

Original Poster
Single Rider lines are an amazing way to get onto everything that much quicker! I got on twice as many rides as I would have if I didn't use single rider! Alot of the time you will even be in the same car as your family, just seated behind them instead of next to them. I wish more attractions had it available. At the end of the day, does it really matter if you sit next to your family/friends on the ride? It's not like you are going to be talking to them.

It is available at a few attractions throughout Disney and also at Universal Orlando:

EPCOT:
Test Track

Animal Kingdom:
Everest

Hollywood Studios:
Rock n Roller Coaster

Universal Orlando:
Studios:
Men in Black
Revenge of the Mummy
Rip Ride Rockit

Islands:
Forbidden Journey
Doctor Dooms Fearfall
Hulk
Spiderman

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Honestly? I go to be with my son and enjoy experiencing the rides with him. I can spend time in line if it means sharing the fun.

I'm not suggesting this applies to you, but... I find it incredibly annoying seeing the number of parents that take their too-young to ride alone children through the single rider line and then "insist" the CM load them into the same vehicle. It's a single rider line. If you're not prepared to be separated, don't use it!

Mark_E

Original Poster
Oh I agree I can't stand people who use single riders and EXPECT to be seated together. We really don't mind.

The one it is great for is Test Track because you rarely wait more than 10 minutes if that and the standby line is usually an hour or so. The only ride that offers single rider that my younger sister will do is Men In Black, but she would rather be on the vehicle without me so she can get the red button bonus (which I always get haha). It means we can ride it 3 times in a row without waiting at all.

tiaragirl

I had a really poor experience with this on the RnRC.. waiting equally as long, if not longer than we would have in the standby line. People were skipping into the standby line. Disaster. IMO Disney needs to moniter this better.

That being said, it's a veryyy good idea.

dizhol

Have always found the single rider line on Expedition Everest is to be fantastic. When DW and DS4 won't go on it, a quick in and out is useful!

ohhector

Honestly? I go to be with my son and enjoy experiencing the rides with him. I can spend time in line if it means sharing the fun.

I'm not suggesting this applies to you, but... I find it incredibly annoying seeing the number of parents that take their too-young to ride alone children through the single rider line and then "insist" the CM load them into the same vehicle. It's a single rider line. If you're not prepared to be separated, don't use it!

Single ride lines, are like "10 items or less" lines, they MUST be universally and strictly enforced to be efficient/fair. No exceptions!

David S.

I can see how single rider lines would be helpful if you don't care where you sit. However, since I like to request front or back row on the coasters, and front row on Test Track, I prefer to use FastPass instead.

I still get my walk-ons on the crowded attractions, but instead of having to fill whatever seat is available like I would in the singles line, by using a FP which eventually merges with standby, I can tell the "grouper", "Front row, please", as a "Soverign party of 1", and get the seat I want.

Silver Figment

I often use the single rider lines but i'll never do it again for Rock n Roller Coaster becasue i think i waited longer in that line than in the regular lines. The way the cars are set up they almost never take single riders. Waiting in that line was an experience i wouldn't like to relive.

Emyli Mouse

RnRC

I also had a very bad experience on Rockin. My husband and I thought it would go fast because it didn't take long at all to get to the alley. Once we were there, however, we waited 45 minutes. It was depressing watching all those people walk past us.

RonAnnArbor

Single rider lines only work to your benefit if you are actually a single rider -- sure, you can stand in line with your 7 friends and all ride singly at the end, but it defeats the purpose, and that is what most often happens at RnRC and at EE...

Sometimes, the single rider line at EE can be as long IF NOT LONGER than the regular standby line --- If you get into the single rider line at EE and see it looping back three times you have a 15 - 20 minute wait -- if it looks back 4 times, it's 1 30 minute wait -- If standby is 20 -30 minutes, your realtime wait will be 15 - 20 minutes, much faster than the single rider line...

RnRC blocks up inside -- you whip through the general line -- and then get stuck waiting inside the building -- again, in theory, it works only if you are a single rider, and DONT wait to watch the video in the pre-show -- you merely walk through the door on the opposite side as the group before you is exiting -- do not pass go, do not collect 100 dollars....just walk through and ignore the preshow...

Single rider lines AWESEOME if you are a single rider -- terrible if everyone else clogs them up...

walee

EXACTLY!! OMG THAT DRIVES ME NUTS!! I always feel bad for the CM in that sitch

Disneydreamer23

This reminds me of an instance there was a fouriner (sry cant spell) and they were in the singles line or RNRRC and it was a wife husband and 2 kids and at the loading dock the wife was like my sons cant ride alone to young. the CM said im sorry this is a singles line and she said my sons to young cant ride alone (like she couldnt speak good english) well she and her hussy got to ride with her 2 kids same car too her and son and him and son one behind the other. They ended up being on the same car as me directly in front of me at the end of the ride while your waiting to stand up i heard the mom said in CLEAR ENGLISH, ha works every time .. i was like wow are you serious??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom