Urgent Quick Ticket Question

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I know it's the wrong forum, but can someone please confirm if I can upgrade my 10 day Park Hopper (haven't started reservation yet) to an annual pass? I got conflicting information but Disney's site seems to say yes. An agent told me she can't do it, but "maybe" guest services can.

I am unable to reach them. Is there anyone I can call at Disney to handle this before our reservation in just a few days?

Souvenir

Your 10 day park hopper has to have at least one more day on it (or you can upgrade on the same day you use the last admission). I'm almost certain that you must do this in person at a guest services window. You can't do it online or over the phone.

edited to add:
If you're saying that your 10 day ticket is for an upcoming trip and completely unused, don't worry about it. Just stop by Guest Services at some point during your trip. Pay the difference and they'll switch it for you. The only advantage to doing it early is for the discounts.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Your 10 day park hopper has to have at least one more day on it (or you can upgrade on the same day you use the last admission). I'm almost certain that you must do this in person at a guest services window. You can't do it online or over the phone.

edited to add:
If you're saying that your 10 day ticket is for an upcoming trip and completely unused, don't worry about it. Just stop by Guest Services at some point during your trip. Pay the difference and they'll switch it for you. The only advantage to doing it early is for the discounts.
Yes, it's completely unused. Am I eligible for any discount? I am not a Florida resident but I plan to pay in full.

Souvenir

Yes, it's completely unused. Am I eligible for any discount? I am not a Florida resident but I plan to pay in full.
No, you will not receive a discount on the pass itself. The annual pass gives you a discount on a lot of merchandise and at many dining locations. Also, at certain times of year there is an annual pass discount on many of the resort rooms which is often larger than the corresponding general public promotional offers. There are other miscellaneous discounts as well, such as on certain dates tickets for the Halloween Parties and Christmas Parties at Magic Kingdom are discounted to AP holders.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
No, you will not receive a discount on the pass itself. The annual pass gives you a discount on a lot of merchandise and at many dining locations. Also, at certain times of year there is an annual pass discount on many of the resort rooms which is often larger than the corresponding general public promotional offers. There are other miscellaneous discounts as well, such as on certain dates tickets for the Halloween Parties and Christmas Parties at Magic Kingdom are discounted to AP holders.
If I buy the annual pass now, can they discount the room I already booked? The regular agents m talking to seem to be pretty clueless about this. She is saying I have to upgrade before I enter the park th first day or all my money I pad for the 9 day Park Hopper will not be applied to the annual pass. That doesn't sound right to me.

Souvenir

You would have to apply the annual pass room discount while the promotion is ongoing. It's probably already expired if you're arriving soon. If you tell me your trip dates I can double check.
I don't know who you're talking to, but that sounds totally incorrect. All tickets can be upgraded at guest services by paying the difference in price as long as they are not completely used or expired.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
You would have to apply the annual pass room discount while the promotion is ongoing. It's probably already expired if you're arriving soon. If you tell me your trip dates I can double check.
I don't know who you're talking to, but that sounds totally incorrect. All tickets can be upgraded at guest services by paying the difference in price as long as they are not completely used or expired.
Sept 23-oct 1.

I talked to a ticket person who confirmed what you said. She also said there were no promotions, but if you could check, I'd be grateful. If there is, she said I might be able to apply it to this trip.

dreamfinder

Sept 23-oct 1.

I talked to a ticket person who confirmed what you said. She also said there were no promotions, but if you could check, I'd be grateful. If there is, she said I might be able to apply it to this trip.

According to MouseSavers
Stay dates: 9/1/17 – 10/7/17

Get discounts of up to 35% for stays 9/1/17 – 10/7/17. Pricing and savings will vary by resort type and date. Rates not available for all dates, room types and resorts. There is no minimum stay with this offer.

Sample discounts off regular 2017 Disney World room rates:

• Up to 35% off most Deluxe resort rooms and Deluxe Villa resort rooms
  • Up to 30% off most Moderate resort rooms
  • Up to 25% off most Value resort rooms
This is a room-only offer. If you would like to add a Dining Plan with these rates, there is a special Annual Passholders package.

Offer excludes Polynesian Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Little Mermaid (i.e. Standard) rooms at Art of Animation Resort, 3-bedroom villas and campsites. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted package.

Book by 10/6/17.

Now like all discounts, there is always a chance there is no availability left for your dates, resort or room class. If you call CRO and ask them to apply the Annual Pass Discount, the CM should be able to tell you your options. This close to your dates, odds are availability will be very limited. You may need to be willing to change resorts or room class.

Souvenir

Sept 23-oct 1.

There is a room discount promotion currently valid for your dates. It's up to 35% off at Deluxe resorts, up to 30% off at moderates, and up to 25% off at value resorts. It excludes the usual- Polynesian Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation Resort, 3-bedroom villas and campsites. You would need to call to find out if there are any more rooms available for the discount at the resort you're staying at. There are only a certain number available in the applicable room categories at each resort and once they're booked at the promotional rate that's it. If you currently have a package booked, you're past the cancellation date so I don't know if you'd be able to do this without penalty. Today is five days out from your check in so even if it was a room only reservation I'm not sure you can make changes without a fee. I've never tried to apply a discount so close to the trip so I don't know how that would work. Also- to get the annual pass discount you will have to have an annual pass, so I think you'd have to buy one online before you can even do this at all. If you already own that 10 day ticket we were discussing last night, things get complicated because you can't do a ticket upgrade online. If however the 10 day ticket is part of a package, room plus tickets, that you booked for this trip in 5 days, you may be able to cancel the package, purchase annual passes online, and then book a new room reservation at the annual pass discount rate. You need to get someone on the phone who knows what they're doing though because you don't want to cancel your current room outright. You also don't want to lose any money.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
There is a room discount promotion currently valid for your dates. It's up to 35% off at Deluxe resorts, up to 30% off at moderates, and up to 25% off at value resorts. It excludes the usual- Polynesian Bungalows, Bay Lake Tower, Villas at Grand Floridian, Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation Resort, 3-bedroom villas and campsites. You would need to call to find out if there are any more rooms available for the discount at the resort you're staying at. There are only a certain number available in the applicable room categories at each resort and once they're booked at the promotional rate that's it. If you currently have a package booked, you're past the cancellation date so I don't know if you'd be able to do this without penalty. Today is five days out from your check in so even if it was a room only reservation I'm not sure you can make changes without a fee. I've never tried to apply a discount so close to the trip so I don't know how that would work. Also- to get the annual pass discount you will have to have an annual pass, so I think you'd have to buy one online before you can even do this at all. If you already own that 10 day ticket we were discussing last night, things get complicated because you can't do a ticket upgrade online. If however the 10 day ticket is part of a package, room plus tickets, that you booked for this trip in 5 days, you may be able to cancel the package, purchase annual passes online, and then book a new room reservation at the annual pass discount rate. You need to get someone on the phone who knows what they're doing though because you don't want to cancel your current room outright. You also don't want to lose any money.
Thanks. I think I'll just upgrade my tickets to annual pass and just chalk this one up to a no discount on room trip. This room was hard enough to get, so I doubt there are any discounted rooms available anymore anyway. I'll just do the ticket change the first day so I start saving on dining/merchandise.

Thanks for all your help.

Phonedave

If I buy the annual pass now, can they discount the room I already booked? The regular agents m talking to seem to be pretty clueless about this. She is saying I have to upgrade before I enter the park th first day or all my money I pad for the 9 day Park Hopper will not be applied to the annual pass. That doesn't sound right to me.

As others have said, you agent is worng, you can get full value for your Park Hopper as long as it is not used up.

However, there is a twist that may or may not apply to you

If you bought your park hopper at a discount (such as through Undercover Tourist, Orlando Fun Tickets, Tickets at Work, or some other authorized reseller) it is actualy beneficial to use the ticket at least once before you upgrade it.

It's a quirk of the WDW ticketing system. Let's say your Park Hopper is $100 face value (I know, it;s much more than that) but you bought it for $95 from a reseller. If you were to upgrade it before you ever used it, WDW would apply $95 towards the price of your Annual Pass. However, if you were to use it to gain admission into a park, that then somehow changes the park hopper to a "regular" park hopper. If you were then to upgrade it, you would get a credit of $100 (full price value) towards an annual pass. Wow, you just made $5 off of Disney! :)

I did this myself about 4 years ago. It may or may not still be in effect, but as far as I know, nothing has changed. Tickets at Work had 5 Day Park Hoppers for the price of a 3 day. I bought them, went into EPOCT, walked right to guest relations, and got credit for the price of a 5 Day Park Hopper towards my APs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom