Updates on the Wilderness Lodge Refurb?

rnese

Original Poster
Any new news, pics, or updates on the Wilderness Lodge courtyard and pool refurb? I was there in July as it was beginning. The water features were off in the lobby and the rock work in the courtyard was getting fresh paint. Word at tat time was that they were expanding the pool deck area this fall. Does anyone have any updates?

Tuvalu

I was there in mid-September. The lobby water feature was working and water was flowing over Silver Creek Falls outside. The entire feature pool area was walled off (9 ft. high walls) including the geyser and pool bar. Looking into the area from the 6th floor of the lodge, the kiddie pool and hot tub had been dug up but no work had started on the pool. (The water was a yucky green.)

I will be back there in a couple weeks and can update then. The refurb is supposed to be completed by the end of this month.

epcotisbest

I was there in mid-September. The lobby water feature was working and water was flowing over Silver Creek Falls outside. The entire feature pool area was walled off (9 ft. high walls) including the geyser and pool bar. Looking into the area from the 6th floor of the lodge, the kiddie pool and hot tub had been dug up but no work had started on the pool. (The water was a yucky green.)

I will be back there in a couple weeks and can update then. The refurb is supposed to be completed by the end of this month.
Would love to see some photos if you have the chance.

ToTBellHop

I do wonder what will happen in the kiddie pool area. We will know soon enough. My boys would love one of those new spray parks that have popped up elsewhere. Of course, my boys will love WL regardless :)

ToTBellHop

Ok, boss. Fence = no fence = fence.

upload_2014-11-3_14-19-30.jpeg

They are doing more than putting in a fence.

rnese

Original Poster

Thanks Tuvalu. Looking forward to your photos. Have a great trip.

mm121

seems odd they'd let the water turn green vs just draining it

It's all for a fence.
unfortunately its probably true their fencing it off, since unfortunately people are stupid, and everyone is lawsuit crazy.

in the past signs saying no lifeguard were enough.
I really hate the whole fence thing, as that then makes it harder/ impossible to use the pools/hot tubs after hours, which is the time I'm most likely to want to use them as spend most of the daytime hours out and about exploring

especially at WL using the hot tub at night in the cool fall/winter air was just wonderful

DanStat

Just retuned from WL. They are fencing it in with a wooden/wire mesh fence. It looked really great. They were also building a structure near the edge of the pool that looked like a place to hold towels or something like that. Towards the end of our trip, the pool had been filled!

ToTBellHop

Just saw an update elsewhere. Pool is going to reopen this week and they are indeed building a new splash pad to replace the kiddie pool, though it's construction has run long. You can find the update over on Disboards.

ToTBellHop

Found an update over on Disboards today that shows the pool is ready to go, opening this week, and that they are indeed replacing the kiddie pool with a splash pad that looks similar to what GFla received. It's construction has gone long, so it will open later in December. Great news!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom