Update on Dolphin Refurb

PinnySmart

Original Poster
Currently most suites have been refurbished. The regular rooms have not been done yet but the refurb should start in August. The stark white that was used in the Swan refurb has been replaced with a creamy off white. IMHO this is an improvement over the sterile hospital look at the Swan. This information is not official but is what I was told this morning. I am attaching photos of the Studio Suite I stayed in this weekend. I am a horrible photographer so don't judge.I think this suite will be called the Premiere Studio Suite. Again take it for what it's worth. I work for Starwood but not at the Swan or Dolphin.
d1.JPGd7.JPG d6.JPG d3.JPGd8.JPGd5.JPGd4.JPGd2.JPG I

DiSnEyF@n

The pictures look great! My mom works for Starwood too and we love taking advantage of the sweet deals on hotel rooms and the 1/2 off food and beverages!!! Thanks for sharing the pics! Can't wait to stay there next summer :)

kane47

Stsyed in a fireworks view room on the 17th floor in the mid April. The room was renovated and looked great. One of the cleanest I've stayed in on property

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Currently most suites have been refurbished. The regular rooms have not been done yet but the refurb should start in August. The stark white that was used in the Swan refurb has been replaced with a creamy off white. IMHO this is an improvement over the sterile hospital look at the Swan. This information is not official but is what I was told this morning. I am attaching photos of the Studio Suite I stayed in this weekend. I am a horrible photographer so don't judge.I think this suite will be called the Premiere Studio Suite. Again take it for what it's worth. I work for Starwood but not at the Swan or Dolphin.
View attachment 140145View attachment 140139 View attachment 140138 View attachment 140140View attachment 140141View attachment 140143View attachment 140142View attachment 140144 I

Those are interesting pictures, and thank you for the update on the Dolphin's room renovations. I usually stay at the Swan, and I loved the newly renovated rooms with the white and blue color scheme, when I stayed there last year. Yet, I can also see how the off-white color used in the Dolphin would work nicely as well. Both are great hotels in an excellent location.

PinnySmart

Original Poster
Stsyed in a fireworks view room on the 17th floor in the mid April. The room was renovated and looked great. One of the cleanest I've stayed in on property
Was it a regular room? I was told regular room renovations would start back in August but I was almost positive that some had already been done.

kane47

Was it a regular room? I was told regular room renovations would start back in August but I was almost positive that some had already been done.
I booked an epcot fireworks room. We arrived late and were put on the 17th floor with a better view of dhs fireworks. If you are looking at the resort from the ground our room was towrds the top left of the big black square.

PinnySmart

Original Poster
I booked an epcot fireworks room. We arrived late and were put on the 17th floor with a better view of dhs fireworks. If you are looking at the resort from the ground our room was towrds the top left of the big black square.
Thanks. That just proves that not everyone that works for the company knows what they are talking about lol. Me included. I thought I had heard some rooms had been done (besides just suites). Sometimes when I say something about Swan and Dolphin I feel like a Disney bus driver because usually it is hearsay and may or not be fact depending on who I hear it from. The S&D are really great choices with proximity to Epcot and DHS. Here's hoping Marriott's takeover makes thing even better and not worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom