Trip Report UPDATE 11/2 "Anyone have change for $100?" It's all about the Bennys, baby! A Girls Cruise TR!

Hey everyone! Since we’ve been back from this trip for over 6 months now and I’ve taken another WDW trip and another cruise, I figured it was time to write this report! I’m not sure I have ever anticipated a trip to WDW more in my life than I anticipated this one! Was it because I was going to be going on my first Disney cruise (and first cruise EVER!!)? Is it because I would finally get to stay at my dream resort, the Polynesian? Was it because I was finally getting to meet all these awesome gals from WDWMagic in person for the first time? Well…. I’d like to think it was a combo of ALL of those things! :)

When I first read about the girls cruise, it was October 2011, almost a full 2 years before the cruise was planned. I did some creeping on the thread before I actually even thought about joining in. I was still sort of “new” to the boards and wasn’t sure I would “fit in” so to speak. The more I read about it, the more fun it sounded. I ran the idea past my mother and my sister to see if they would like to go and sure enough, they were in! We officially booked the first of January! We planned on staying 1 night pre-cruise and 3 nights post cruise so our trip would be Saturday Sept 7-Sunday Sept 15. We rented points for Bay Lake Tower after the cruise and had originally booked Wilderness Lodge for before the cruise. My sister and I decided to switch it up and change WL to the Polynesian because A – It’s my dream resort and B – We wanted to celebrate my Mom’s retirement. So we changed it without her knowing. We were originally going to hide the DME tags from her and tell her on DME since we knew that WL, Contemp, the Poly and GF all shared the same DME. We decided to tell her earlier though at her retirement party. She offered to pay us for her portion but we said no, it was our treat!

Anywho, though the cruise was still over a year and a half away when we booked, the time flew by. Over the course of that year and a half, we had many group chats and chatted in the cruise thread. As the cruise crept closer, I knew that I absolutely could not wait to meet this wonderful group of ladies! I knew it would be the BEST time! And was it ever!!

Saturday Sept 7, 2013 – It’s time! It’s time!!!

My alarm went off bright and early Saturday morning at 2:30am. I was already packed and ready to go so Mom picked us up at 3:30am and we were off! We were flying out of Manchester NH on Southwest. Even though Portland’s airport is literally a mile from our house, Manchester had a non-stop flight, with better flight times and was cheaper. So we made the hour and 20 minutes trek to NH. No biggie!

We arrive at MHT at 5am. We hauled our luggage out of the car (all 10 bags! Eek!!) and waited for the shuttle to the main terminal. The bus driver pulled up and opened the door. As we struggled to get our bags onto the bus, the driver just sat there. No offer to help us, nothing. I have flown out of MHT less than a year earlier and the driver then was super helpful. But not this guy!! Mom got in the bus and we handed all our bags up to her. It took us a few minutes to get everything on and all Mr. Bus Driver did was sit there. This trip was NOT off to a good start! That all changed though after we sat down and “Dude Looks Like a Lady” came on the radio. I immediately thought of Rock N Roller Coaster and the fun week that lay ahead of us and pushed Mr. Bus Driver to the back of my head. I immediately texted @plaz10 and told her. I knew she was awake and either at the airport or on her way and would totally understand my excitement for hearing this song! When we reached the terminal, we schlepped all our bags off and bid Mr. Bus Driver a snarky farewell.

We went into the terminal and the security line was pretty much non-existent. We grabbed some Dunks and waited for boarding.

The flight was uneventful and we landed 20 minutes early! Wooooo!! We arrived at DME, hopped on the bus and headed to WDW at 10:30 on the dot!

Typical DME selfie!!

We're heeeeereeeeee!!

We made a stop at WL first and a part of my heart was sad because we weren’t staying there. As we stopped at the Contemporary, I wondered if we should have just stuck with WL since we knew we liked it. What if we hated the Poly? What if Mom hated it? We knew she loved WL, maybe we shouldn’t have changed it! My mind was busy with these thoughts as we made our way from the Contemp to the Poly, but as we made that right turn, pulled up to the gate and I saw the sign reading Polynesian Resort, all my worries went away. I KNEW we had made the right choice!

We got off the bus and were greeted by the amazing waterfalls and lush greenery of the Poly’s entrance. A CM put lei’s on us and said “welcome home!”. Not going to lie, I teared up just a bit! Mom and Ashley both looked at me waiting for the waterworks but thankfully I had my sunglasses on (It’s kind of a running joke with us that I cry over everything so they always look to see if I’m crying over the smallest little thing! Meanies!!! Haha)

We were led into the lobby where we checked in. The CM was looking for our Magic Bands but I told him we got them already. We had wanted to request Tahiti but it was closed as the Poly was starting to begin it’s refurb! We thought we weren’t going to be able to swim in the volcano pool, but the closure of that was a couple days after we left, so we lucked out! We request Tuvalu instead and were given our request. When we had originally booked, we wanted a standard garden view but when I called, it wasn’t showing up anymore (it was online though) the CM told us she could give us a lagoon view though for just $14 more. Well, you don’t have to twist my arm for that! SOLD! And for only $14 more than a garden view.

We took the long way to Tuvalu so we could take in the grounds of the resort. So beautiful.

We were on the ground floor in Tuvalu room 1413. Mom and Ashley let me open the door and be the first one into the room. As I pushed open the door and walked in, taking in the newly refurbished beautiful room, I could feel the tears again. This time, I didn’t care. I burst into tears and said “I can’t believe we are actually staying here!” Some of you might think I am a little weird, crying because of a resort.. Even though it was only for one night, we were staying at the Polynesian! From my first visit in 2001, when I was just 18 and we saw the luau and I first fell in love with the resort, to the many subsequent trips to Kona Café and Ohana trip after trip, I hoped every time that we would someday be able to stay there! That someday we would be able to just walk back to our room after leaving the Grand Ceremonial House instead of going back to another room at another resort. The Polynesian is more than just a resort to me. It is paradise. It was a place I had my heart set on staying for so many years. A place that I would longingly look at from the monorail as we glided past on the Express beam. I would look down at people wandering the grounds, wondering which building they were staying in and thinking how lucky they were. And now we were the lucky ones! FINALLY!

I took some pictures of the room. I LOVED the size of it!

And I loved the bathroom. The only thing I didn’t like, and I believe @fractal mentioned this in his TR too, that the hook for the towel was on the other side of the wall, next to the toilet. Made it a little hard to reach the towel! Also I wasn’t a fan of the sink IN the bathroom, probably since we’re so used to the sink being outside the bathroom but it was only for one night so it wasn’t really an issue.

The closets were cool and we loved having the couch in the room. Ashley was the tough luck loser who had the couch that night while Mom and I each had the bed. Ahhhhh, lucky us! (I wouldn’t be laughing later on in the trip when I was climbing up and down from the pull down bed on the cruise though…. Meh.)

I had yet to look out at the view, so I pulled the curtains back and actually gasped when I saw the view. Slightly to the left was the wedding pavilion and the Grand Floridian. To the right was the boat dock and the Contemporary and straight ahead was Cinderella Castle. We couldn’t see TOO much of it but had Wishes been scheduled for that night, it would have been perfect. Unfortunately, it was Night of Joy and there were no fireworks. Booooo!! We had other plans anyway but had we not, it would have been awesome to watch Wishes from our patio! (Spoiler alert, we ended up NOT having plans later that night so it was very much a bummer that Wishes wasn’t happening!)

We were starving at that point and didn’t have plans until later that afternoon, so we changed into our swimsuits and headed to the GCH. It was time to try Captain Cook’s!!

There were a couple things I wanted to try but most importantly, I wanted to try the Poly chip! Jess ( @plaz10 ) and I had been discussing these beauties for a bit before the cruise. She was staying at Bay Lake Tower with Siobhan ( @Tiggerish ) that night but we made plans to meet up a bit later. I opted for the Aloha Pork Sandwich which came with Asian slaw on top and the Poly chips!

Ashley got the chicken sandwich and fries and I can’t remember what Mom got. The pork sandwich was delish!! And the Poly chips… Oh Mylanta! Were those delicious! I’m eating some Wasabi almonds right now but boy do I wish I were eating those chips instead! The chips were the first of MANY ridiculously good foods I was going to try over the course of the trip! Ashley like her chicken sandwich and Mom liked… whatever it was that she got!! Lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
After we watched the CMs wave us on our way, I stood out on the verandah, taking in the peacefulness and watching CC get smaller and smaller until it was gone. I decided then it was time to get ready for dinner! And it was pirate night!! :)

We had purchased some Goonies shirts before the trip because come on now, the Goonies are awesome. And the Goonies is my favorite movie of all time! So on pirate night, we were Goonies!

There was no show that night (well, there was some magic act I think? We didn’t go though) We took extra time to get ready. We then headed down to the atrium because we were on a mission to meet Jack Sparrow! We met up with Jess, Diane, Jess and Stephanie. But we learned the captain would not be meeting that night. Bummer. My mom LOVES Jack Sparrow!!

We went to the staircase and took some pics, but none of us got one. I think they were pretty funny from what I remember!

We headed to dinner which was being held in Animators Palate! This was the restaurant I was most excited to dine at!! :)

The waitstaff was dressed in their pirate finest! And like clockwork, Ivan came over and found Ashley! Hehe!

Oh and an update on Ivan… He is no longer with Disney Cruise Line L He was supposed to be on the Fantasy when we went in November but he is working over in Spain now. Such a bummer!

Moving along with some dinner pics!

Pot Stickers which reminded me of the pot stickers from ‘Ohana, but not quite as good!

Castaway Chicken was my entrée and I just wasn’t a fan. It’s not that it was bad, it just wasn’t for me. Too many spices. The fried okra was REALLY good though! Ashley had the same entrée. I’m not sure what Mom had because she was across the table at the other end.

For dessert, you can’t go wrong with chocolate so I got the X Marks the Spot rum soaked chocolate cake. Yes, that looks like ketchup in the cake, but I swear it’s not. It’s a raspberry sauce. It was delicious and you could DEFINITELY taste the rum!! Why is all the rum gone? Because they used it all for these cakes, that’s why!! :)

After dinner, we headed up to Deck 11 for some Club Pirate! We could see some other ships off the horizon waiting for our fireworks. We did some dancing and then they let off the fireworks. LOVE the music they use for this (Pirates in the Caribbean score)

After the firworks, Jess and I decided to hone our singing skills with a little duet at karaoke. Our version of “Summer Nights” brought down the house. The cheers and applause was overwhelming. If I do say so myself, we made a great Sandy and Danny! :)

After karaoke, Evolution turned into a dance club. We stayed for some dancing and I requested a little Maroon 5 because I love me some Adam Levine. (Actually, the yellow bracelet I have on in some of the pictures was my bracelet from the pit at the Maroon 5 show the week prior to the cruise. I wanted to see how long I could keep it on. It made it about a month before it fell off. Yeah, I’m a loser.)

After a little while Ashley and I headed back to the room, ready for the ocean to rock us to sleep!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Wednesday September 11, 2013 - Day at sea!

We slept in a little today. Not too late though as we woke up at 9. We decided to try out Enchanted Garden for breakfast. It was delicious! Probably the same food served as in Cabana's but it was nice eating in one of the MDRs for breakfast.

We headed back to the room and made a stop at Cabana's to refill with juice for our tumblers. We decided to use the morning to finish up our fish extenders and deliver them. I don't really have any pictures of them, but we did Disney park map coasters for our gifts. They were really cool to make. not sure how well they held up when everyone took them home, but I thought they were a cool idea! :)

We set off to deliver our gifts around noon. I remember as we were waiting for one of the elevators the captains voice came over the ship and touched a little bit on the fact it was 9/11 and we had a little moment of silence. I had compltely forgotten about 9/11 until right then.

After we delivered all our gifts, we decided to hit up Cabana's for some lunch! :) Mmmmm... yummy!!

We had some time until our ladies mixology class at 3, so we headed over to The District to play some trivia. One was 80s movies trivia and we didn't do too bad. The woman who won got every single one right! After that it was Ultimate Disney Trivia. That one we weren't too good at. the group who won were former cast members. Hey now! That's no fair!! lol

I had a mimosa and Ashley bought a beer mug that she could keep and refill while on the ship. I think the price of the refills were cheaper than if she ordered it without the mug. Or something like that.

Finally it was 3 o'clock and we headed over to Pink (which was right across the hall!) for our mixology. I was really looking forward to this! :)

They divided us up into groups of 5 and we made drinks. The first group made a B52 shot, which is layered. It's really good.

Ashley and Mom went in the second group and they made Cosmos! Mmmm!!!

Sqeeze that lemon! ... Or was it a lime?

(I think this was one of Tammy's pics!)

The finished product!

Mmmmm... Tasty!!

sweetpee_1993

I think the beer mug deal is you pay for a 16 oz & get a 20 oz.

Yikes at the pic of me behind the bar but the lighting looks harsh for everyone. :confused:

I wish I'd seen your karaoke performance! I see your Adam Levine bracelet in that pic! Cool! Not dorky at all. I think I may try to hold onto my cabana bracelet like that! Ya know that's the cool thing to do at Aulani because every day is a different color. You end up with your arm lined a rainbow of bracelets. ;)

angieandtrevor

Loving your report !! Isn't CC the absolute best, it sure sets the bar really high for other islands. It really is a little piece of paradise and such an amazing backdrop for pictures. I ran the CC 5km last fall and the open part on the road nearly melted me, this Canadian girl is just not used to running in that kind of heat but the Mickey medal made it all worthwhile :)

Can't wait to read the rest !! On and BTW, you are going to LOVE the Fantasy, we have done it the last two years and it's amazing. No cruise for us this fall so I'm very jealous. Hopefully we'll get to read that report too :) :) :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I think the beer mug deal is you pay for a 16 oz & get a 20 oz.

Yikes at the pic of me behind the bar but the lighting looks harsh for everyone. :confused:

I wish I'd seen your karaoke performance! I see your Adam Levine bracelet in that pic! Cool! Not dorky at all. I think I may try to hold onto my cabana bracelet like that! Ya know that's the cool thing to do at Aulani because every day is a different color. You end up with your arm lined a rainbow of bracelets. ;)

Yes, that's what the mug deal was! I couldn't remember but I figured someone on here would ;)

Loving your report !! Isn't CC the absolute best, it sure sets the bar really high for other islands. It really is a little piece of paradise and such an amazing backdrop for pictures. I ran the CC 5km last fall and the open part on the road nearly melted me, this Canadian girl is just not used to running in that kind of heat but the Mickey medal made it all worthwhile :)

Can't wait to read the rest !! On and BTW, you are going to LOVE the Fantasy, we have done it the last two years and it's amazing. No cruise for us this fall so I'm very jealous. Hopefully we'll get to read that report too :) :) :)

I just love CC! :) So pretty and serene.

I'm VERY excited to go on the Fantasy. I know it isn't much different than the Dream, but I'm excited to try out Satellite Falls and see the different atrium chandelier. OH, and being on a it a full week, too, instead of just 4 nights! ;) :)

Ahhh, Mixology!! Such a good time. It's fun to be re-living last year's cruise while getting ready for this year's!!

Mixology was a blast! Writing this is getting me excited for our cruise in just 67 short days!! :)

PartOfYourWorld

I can tell you first hand that your coasters have been holding up for a year :) Oh and I got one completely soaked with water because it somehow ended up in my sink...and it's still perfect. I actually use them all the time! And the funny thing is we have bamboo coaster thingys but I never use those!!! So thank you for those awesome coasters!!!

Mixology was so much fun! Mom and I want to sign up for a different one when we are on the Dream in December. On the NAssau day since we aren't going to get off the ship to explore.

I had a B52 shot a few weeks ago when I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday and I actually thought of this!!! LOL. I still love the drink we made the best ;)

FlaggNL

Yes, we have extended family over in England so we are going to visit them and then go down to Paris for a few days. Not until spring 2016 but it's never too early to start thinking up ideas! ;)

It's never to early to start planning :) We still have to go to WDW for the first time next month, but already are planning/thinking about a WDW trip in May '16 during a SWW :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I can tell you first hand that your coasters have been holding up for a year :) Oh and I got one completely soaked with water because it somehow ended up in my sink...and it's still perfect. I actually use them all the time! And the funny thing is we have bamboo coaster thingys but I never use those!!! So thank you for those awesome coasters!!!

Mixology was so much fun! Mom and I want to sign up for a different one when we are on the Dream in December. On the NAssau day since we aren't going to get off the ship to explore.

I had a B52 shot a few weeks ago when I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday and I actually thought of this!!! LOL. I still love the drink we made the best ;)

That is awesome that the coasters are still holding up! They were time consuming to make, but I didn't mind. They were something different and I figured no one else would make them. We had some left over ones, come to think of it, but I don't know where they are. I'm going to have to find them and give them a try!

We are going to try the champagne tasting in November and possibly the martini tasting. Those both look good based on what I have read. And yes, our drink was the best! ;) I saw on the navigators from the Western C that it's offered one day as the drink of the day. Yes please!! :)

It's never to early to start planning :) We still have to go to WDW for the first time next month, but already are planning/thinking about a WDW trip in May '16 during a SWW :)

SWW are fun if you like Star Wars, that's for sure! And you're right, never too early to start planning! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Up next was my group. I was joined by @PartOfYourWorld, @plaz10, @Ariel484 and @Tiggerish . We got to make a layered ddrink called the Sunken Treasure. It was by far my favorite drink of the mixology! And lucky me, it's one of the drinks of the day on my 7 night Western cruise in November. Yahoo!!!

Getting ready... What's going on with the ladies on the left?! What are you all looking at?!

Pouring the alcohol....

Shaking things up!!

Me with my finished product!

The next group made Mojitos. I LOVE Mojitos! If there is a mojito on the menu if I go to dinner, I will order it!

Hey, it's 3 Jess's!!

Mmmmmm... Mojitos!!

They even had the non-drinkers mix up some shots, sans alcohol. Tammy took hers and then slammed the glass down on the bar! What a champ!!

And with that, mixology was over! It was a blast and a fun way for the ladies of the cruise to have some fun together. And of course, afterwards, since it was Sherry's birthday, we took a celebration shot! Woooo!! I can definitely say I was feelin' mighty good after we were done! ;)

After that, all the ladies gathered in the atrium for a group photo on the stairs, complete with our light up DCL Mickey ears. I don't have the actual photo that was taken but here are some candid shots that were taken while we were getting organized.

mrdrift

Loving the cruise report, that mixology class seems like a blast. Some thing to look forward when I finally get to do a Disney cruise. The group photo turned out really good. All of the food pictures are making me really hungry, keep them coming. Following along.

PartOfYourWorld

That is awesome that the coasters are still holding up! They were time consuming to make, but I didn't mind. They were something different and I figured no one else would make them. We had some left over ones, come to think of it, but I don't know where they are. I'm going to have to find them and give them a try!

We are going to try the champagne tasting in November and possibly the martini tasting. Those both look good based on what I have read. And yes, our drink was the best! ;) I saw on the navigators from the Western C that it's offered one day as the drink of the day. Yes please!! :)

You will have to let me know how you like the champagne and martini tasting!!!!! And that is awesome that it is offered! i need to start looking at some stuff for the December cruise even though it's only 3 nights...heck I need to start doing more research for next June!!!

THIS CRUISE WAS SO AWESOME. I miss it. I'm sad I'm not going in a few weeks.

I second this :(

HollyBelle

Resurfacing to applaud your fabulous trip report, Darolyn!! I'm loving all your pictures of Castaway. This cruise was made of awesome and I'm so glad to see it's still going strong in the trip report forum. Any word on your November plans?!

@sweetpee_1993 I am, indeed, the keeper of the cabana evidence! And it may or may not be coming to a forum near you before you set sail again. @plaz10 @Ariel484 @Howe

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Loving the cruise report, that mixology class seems like a blast. Some thing to look forward when I finally get to do a Disney cruise. The group photo turned out really good. All of the food pictures are making me really hungry, keep them coming. Following along.

Thank you! Mixology really was fun. When I cruised again on the Dream in February we did a mixology class and my sister, my mother and I were the only ones in it! We did it at 2pm on our Nassau day. Apparently the 4pm class that same day had 17 people! Looks like we picked the right class to do! ;)

THIS CRUISE WAS SO AWESOME. I miss it. I'm sad I'm not going in a few weeks.

I'm sad too :(

You will have to let me know how you like the champagne and martini tasting!!!!! And that is awesome that it is offered! i need to start looking at some stuff for the December cruise even though it's only 3 nights...heck I need to start doing more research for next June!!!

I second this :(

Champagne is my favorite drink. I could drink the bubbly all day long!! :D I wasn't sure I would like the martini tasting but looking at the reviews and pics, it looks like they do a lot of girly fruity martinis! So we're going to give it a try.

Resurfacing to applaud your fabulous trip report, Darolyn!! I'm loving all your pictures of Castaway. This cruise was made of awesome and I'm so glad to see it's still going strong in the trip report forum. Any word on your November plans?!

@sweetpee_1993 I am, indeed, the keeper of the cabana evidence! And it may or may not be coming to a forum near you before you set sail again. @plaz10 @Ariel484 @Howe

Why thank you, Holly! I'm enjoying reliving the awesomeness that this cruise was! As for November, still planning for the cruise! We will have 2 nights at WDW post cruise. We're planning on MVMCP on Sunday the 16th but other than that, no parks. Just gonna hang around the pool and hit up DTD. Hopefully we can meet up!

@HollyBelle - you did it!!

@derelicte19 - I have no idea what we were looking at...o_O

Man that cruise was awesome. How has it been a year already?! :cry:

It HAS been a year! That's crazy!! Time flies!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. Our last dinner on the ship :( A quick note, before the trip, I got a new bottle of perfume. It's called Adam Levine by, well, Adam Levine. While we were getting ready, Ashley was in the bathroom with the door shut and she opened it quickly, threw my perfume bottle into the hall and slammed the door. Neither my mom or myself knew what happened except we herd this loud bang on the floor. I saw that Ashley had thrown Adam (yes we call my perfume bottle Adam) into the hall. I was like “what the heck did you do that for?” and she was like “Adam was bothering me so I kicked him out of the bathroom!” haha, ok..? So, I decided to hide the bottle of perfume in her shoe. She found it later and then decided to hide it in the shower. So it became a little game to hide “Adam” throughout the rest of the trip. Even still now, at home, she will come out of the bathroom, throw the perfume bottle on the living room floor while I’m reading or watching tv and then just walk away. Another reason I bring up the perfume is that the bottle was brand new when we flew down to Florida. I hadn’t opened it, nor had I ever owned that perfume before. It was completely new for this trip. Now whenever I use that perfume and smell it, it takes me back to this trip. Does this ever happen to anyone else with things? They say smell is one of the most powerful sense and smelling this perfume I honestly feel like I should be on the Dream. It really takes me back.

While we were getting ready, Mom and I got into a heated argument. I can't even remember now about what, but she ended up not going to the show with Ashley and I. I’m sure, honestly, it was probably started by me being a witch. Trips aren’t always sunshine and butterflies with us. We argue on our trips. It happens. I just usually never write about them. Usually I forget about them, but this one is one I remember. Not sure why.

We placed our bags outside the door for the porters to take. We would get them back in the morning after leaving the ship. Ashley and I headed down to the theater.

Hi, Uncle Walt!!

The show that night was "Believe". It was alright. Probably my least favorite of the three shows on the ship. After the show, we stopped into the shops to pick up any last minute things we wanted. I can't remember what we bought, but I know we bought something! That was a hectic experience. By the time we were done, it was close to dinner time so we opted not to take the bags back up to the room so we carried them with us instead.

Passing through the atrium....

Now, I’m sure everyone has a place in WDW that really makes you say “wow, I’m here. I’m at WDW” I have a place like that. The hallway leading from the lobby at Wilderness Lodge down to Roaring Fork. I’m not sure what it is, but when I am walking down that hallway and looking out the big windows, feeling the sunshien streaming through and seeing the balconies of the staterooms outside, or seeing people walking up and down the hallway… going to the lobby, to the parks or to their rooms…. Something about that hallway screams Disney to me. On the Dream, there is a similar hallway. On one side are huge porthole windows that you can sit in and on the other side, artwork from classic Disney movies. At one end, you have the aft elevators and Animators Palate. At the other end, the gorgeous atrium. Since our room was so far aft, we often went down the aft elevators and took this hallway. We always knew when we reached the end, that the beautiful chandelier would be there to greet us. For some reason, this hallway really makes me feel like I am THERE. That I am on the ship. It’s a little hard to explain. Some of you are probably thinking” well, gee, wouldn’t EVERYTHING you see on the ship or EVERYWHERE you go on the ship make you feel like you’re there? Cause you are.” And while that is true, and you can call me crazy but, this hallway really spoke to me.

Dinner tonight was at......

Tonight, Crush would be visiting us! And visit us he did! He actually spoke with Kelly! She told him she was on the ship with 27 ladies and Crush promptly told all the "dudes" to come over to our table because there were lots of ladies! It was really cool. He then floated on and spoke with some of the other people in the restaurant.

Here's Ashley taking Crush's oath.

This meal as a whole was the one I was most looking forward to. Between the food and the show, this meal looked by far the best! And it did not disappoint. For my appetizer I had the mushroom risotto.

OH mylanta, was it AMAZING!! The mushroom risotto at Le Cellier at WDW is one of my favorite things to eat anywhere. This easily rivaled LC's. I could have eaten this as my whole meal but I didn't want to skip the entree I wanted to try and I knew ordering both would make me really full. And come to think of it though, I should have because when we went back in February, they didn't have it anymore.:cry::cry::cry: I never understood why they got rid of it since everyone I know who has tried it raved about it. It was listed as a "guest favorite" on the menu. I may or may not (more like may) have shed a little tear in February.

Moving onto the entree, I KNEW I wanted to try the angus beef tenderloin with wasabi mashed taters!

Oh Mylanta again! Yummy!!! The beef was a touch too rare for my liking, but I ate it anyway and it was good. Those mashed potatoes.... SO GOOD! I'm ot a fan of wasabi itself but I do like wasabi flavored things (almonds, chips...) and these were great! Just enough wasabi to give it a little kick!

Unfortunately I had developed a bit of a headache and the boat was rocking a bit and I could feel it, so I headed back to the room before dessert. Ashley went with some of the ladies for 80s music trivia. She told me they missed a couple and she was bummed because after she realized what songs they were, she knew they were ones I know so with my help, they would’ve won! Bummmmer :(
I climbed up into my bunk and fell asleep. We had an early morning the next morning. We had to leave the Dream :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom