Upcoming WDW Trip...kicked out of Coronado Springs

Tony the Tigger

I had a similar hiccup during our last trip, about a month before we phoned disney as we had yet to receive or documents etc etc. Turns out that due to crossed wires our trip had actually been cancelled!! Thankfully after 12 very stressful hours they were able to get us back in but with 2 extra days at the start of the vacation :D

I like two extra days a lot better than three extra fast passes LOL

SW_matt

I like two extra days a lot better than three extra fast passes LOL

It wasn't so much in payment for the stress/inconvenience it was more that there were literally NO other flights! It was a manic day with several phones on the go to get time off work altered, taxi transfers changed and dog kennel booking sorted. That day gave me a few grey hairs!

Buzz2001

If you read the small print, it states that WDW only guarantees you a room when you make a reservation, not a specific resort. Guests get moved all the time because most resorts over book.

As for this specific convention, they came in and took over the whole resort. Everyone reservation is getting moved.

habuma

POR is an upgrade...

So true. We've never stayed at Coronado Springs (so I have no opinion of it and if I did my opinion would be worthless), but we've stayed at POR several times and IMO, it's as close as you can get to Deluxe while paying Moderate prices. Plus they're tossing extra FPs your way? Wish I could get such luck.

Also take advantage of the opportunity to see Yehaa Bob play at the River Roost Lounge while you're there.

I don't know, but I *think* we've stayed at POR during Pop Warner in the past. If so, it in no way affected our stay.

Graham9

Original Poster
The saga continues...

I have just had another call from WDW saying they noted my concern about Pop Warner. Apparently, they have just noticed our dates coincide with this year's PW event, and its going to be larger than usual and POR is used as overspill. In compensation, they have now offered us rooms in the Animal Kingdom Lodge for no extra charge...as well as free Fastpasses. Couldn't really say 'no'. :)

Looks like we've been given some platinum pixie-dust. :):)

JusticeDisney

The saga continues...

I have just had another call from WDW saying they noted my concern about Pop Warner. Apparently, they have just noticed our dates coincide with this year's PW event, and its going to be larger than usual and POR is used as overspill. In compensation, they have now offered us rooms in the Animal Kingdom Lodge for no extra charge...as well as free Fastpasses. Couldn't really say 'no'. :)

Now you're talking! I have to say, though, I think it's total BS that Disney does this.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The saga continues...

Now that is more like it.

I would add the request of a Savannah view onto your reservation.

Tony the Tigger

The saga continues...

There you go! Very nice.

Tink28

The saga continues...

Great, just what I was dreading, the last week of my vacation being ruined at POR by noisy Pop Warner kids!! Think I may be requesting a move!

Marianm

If you read the small print, it states that WDW only guarantees you a room when you make a reservation, not a specific resort. Guests get moved all the time because most resorts over book.

As for this specific convention, they came in and took over the whole resort. Everyone reservation is getting moved.

Don't care... They need to place a disclaimer here. Would still complain

DABIGCHEEZ

The saga continues...

Well glad to hear it... that is what should've been done in the first place.(or at least another deluxe/DVC) AKL and Kidani are our favorite resort. If you get too tired of the noisy teenagers cheering in every line... yes, I have been there once(and only once), you can have a fine day just relaxing at either of the pools at AKL.

BJones82

The saga continues...

Glad to hear this :) Enjoy!! And we expect an awesome trip report now!!

Graham9

Original Poster
Just received an email invoice for my trip....and I've been charged the full amount for AK Lodge, payable in a couple of weeks time and twice what I was charged for my original booking at C.Springs.

My free upgrade appears not to be so free after all.

Not happy. :mad:

Graham9

Original Poster
Just got off the phone, I'm going to be re-invoiced in the next few days.

According to my Disney app, we are going into "Standard view" accommodation.

I think I may have been better staying at POR....

:arghh:

BJones82

Check in online and see if you can request special views, I have never stayed at AKL but I have seen on these forums a lot of people being in standard rooms and being allowed to request savanna views because there is some minor restriction in the view...

Good Luck!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just got off the phone, I'm going to be re-invoiced in the next few days.

I think I may have been better staying at POR....

:arghh:
Request a savanna view. There are several rooms that have a view of the savanna, but are still classified as standard because the view is not all that great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom