Upcoming WDW Trip...kicked out of Coronado Springs

Graham9

Original Poster
(Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong group here...)

Last October, I booked our WDW trip, staying in the Coronado Springs, arriving late November after thanksgiving. Today, I had an answerphone message from WDW asking me to urgently contact them. The person I spoke to told me that some convention has not long been reserved there and all affected guests (us) are being relocated. In my case, it was to the Riverside. I have no problem with POR, except that I hear this is the resort used to accommodate the overspill of Pop Warner. The compensate being that we will get three extra FP's each per day.

I am curious as to what this sudden convention actually is that warrant's canning people's reservations, we tried booking POR before Coronado's and it was full - so how come its suddenly available? And has this happened to anyone else?

I'm not sure if I should be glad or feel angry about this....

draybook

Not sure how much help I can be, but I'll try. The reason they have sudden openings at POR is because they hold a certain amount of rooms per resort for offers, some for general public booking, etc...So in your case, you're going to be getting a room that was being held for cases like this, overflow.

I can't really help you with the Pop Warner issue, as we've only dealt with them during early Christmas and we were at Pop. They weren't too bad there, so I figure they'll be okay at a mod.

We stay at POFQ frequently, but I've always wanted to try POR. I look forward to your trip report or review of it.

PrincessJenn5795

I don't know anything about POR being overflow for Pop Warner, but it is my favorite moderate resort, and I even like it better than Wilderness Lodge. It is very charming and relaxing. I especially love the Magnolia Bend area, and always request a room there. Sorry you had to deal with all the hassle of not getting the resort you booked and paid for though...that sucks!

FettFan

Well...if I were in your position, I'd be happy. As you mentioned, you originally wanted to stay at POR....and now you're getting that, but with the added bonus of everyone in your group getting three extra FPs per day. Ultimately, it worked out in your favor, just a slight hiccup but everything is in the clear.
I would however err on the side of caution going forward, and get everything in duplicate and triplicate with all T's crossed and I's dotted, names and positions of who you talked to, who their manager is, etc. just in case something should happen again....say you show up at POR and your reservation was lost.

But then again I'm just a cautious fellow.
-besidesyou-know-what-a-cautious-fellow-i-am-.png

Last trip out, I got my tickets from Undercover Tourist....and not only did I bring the tickets and the U.T. receipt, but also the credit card I used and a copy of the statement just in case there happened to be a break in the chain between me, Disney, and U.T.

EDIT - I'd also like to add that "Pop Warner" sounds like a brand of Dollar Store microwave popcorn.
Anon1219169063-PopcornBagCatchesFire774419_lg.jpg

Ew.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Last October, I booked our WDW trip, staying in the Coronado Springs, arriving late November after thanksgiving. Today, I had an answerphone message from WDW asking me to urgently contact them. The person I spoke to told me that some convention has not long been reserved there and all affected guests (us) are being relocated. In my case, it was to the Riverside. I have no problem with POR, except that I hear this is the resort used to accommodate the overspill of Pop Warner. The compensate being that we will get three extra FP's each per day.

I am curious as to what this sudden convention actually is that warrant's canning people's reservations, we tried booking POR before Coronado's and it was full - so how come its suddenly available? And has this happened to anyone else?

POR is a definite win. I prefer it to Coronado.

The Pop Warner could go either way. Depends on if its staff or participants. I would hope its staff.

I'm curious why they told about pop warner.

SW_matt

I had a similar hiccup during our last trip, about a month before we phoned disney as we had yet to receive or documents etc etc. Turns out that due to crossed wires our trip had actually been cancelled!! Thankfully after 12 very stressful hours they were able to get us back in but with 2 extra days at the start of the vacation :D

yensid67

The one poster was correct in saying they should have offered something else for compensation. FP's are FREE anyways with admission, so no compensation there really. I would have asked for a discount that would be fair for everyone...high enough percentage for your inconvenience, but low percentage that Disney doesn't have to sell a park to recoup the loss. Or maybe throw in free dining for the reservation! They should have offered some monetary discount, not FREE FP's!

JusticeDisney

If you're satisfied with the resolution, then that's really all that matters. To me, however, the situation that you described is simply unacceptable. You properly booked a room at CS, and if that's where you wanted to be, you should have utterly refused to move. If, on the other hand, you were fine moving resorts, then Disney should have given you something more than FPs. Additional FPs are given away by Disney everyday and they don't cost Disney a thing. I would have insisted on a discounted room rate.

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Tom 55

In 2012 when my Grandson's team got to go to Disney World it was the first full week in December. This year I think it is December 7 to 11th. they stayed at either the All Stars of CBR. There were cheer groups that were at POR. I like to stay at POFQ because it is smaller and only 1 bus stop. Quicker in and out just because of that.

Attachments

• IMG_0076.JPG
    IMG_0076.JPG
    168.5 KB · Views: 32

SAV

If you are happy with it, then that's great.

I would have asked to be put into Animal Kingdom Lodge or another Deluxe and then worked my way down if they refused. At worst case I would have gotten a discount on the room rate along with the extra FP+'s.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you're satisfied with the resolution, then that's really all that matters. To me, however, the situation that you described is simply unacceptable. You properly booked a room at CS, and if that's where you wanted to be, you should have utterly refused to move. If, on the other hand, you were fine moving resorts, then Disney should have given you something more than FPs. Additional FPs are given away by Disney everyday and they don't cost Disney a thing. I would have insisted on a discounted room rate.

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful vacation!
I would tend to agree. When it is necessary to walk a guest to another resort by no fault of the guest, a resort upgrade is in order.

@Graham9 If you have not already committed to this offer, I would express your concern about the overflow of Pop Warner to your resort. Mention this as the one of the reasons you booked CS. It would also not hurt to mention that you wanted the more deluxe like amenities that CS offers over the mother moderates. They just might agree to walk you to a deluxe or DVC resort.

You are helping Disney out of a jam, not the other way around. They should compensate you accordingly.

JusticeDisney

I would tend to agree. When it is necessary to walk a guest to another resort by no fault of the guest, a resort upgrade is in order.

@Graham9 If you have not already committed to this offer, I would express your concern about the overflow of Pop Warner to your resort. Mention this as the one of the reasons you booked CS. It would also not hurt to mention that you wanted the more deluxe like amenities that CS offers over the mother moderates. They just might agree to walk you to a deluxe or DVC resort.

You are helping Disney out of a jam, not the other way around. They should compensate you accordingly.
Perfectly stated.

Lucky

It would also not hurt to mention that you wanted the more deluxe like amenities that CS offers over the mother moderates. They just might agree to walk you to a deluxe or DVC resort.
Good point - specifically mention the fitness center since that is something CS has and other mods do not.

Personally I would view a switch from CS to any other mod as a downgrade, although not a major downgrade.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Good point - specifically mention the fitness center since that is something CS has and other mods do not.

Personally I would view a switch from CS to any other mod as a downgrade, although not a major downgrade.
As would I. PORS and FQ do tend to be more popular, but in a "this resort has this and this resort has that" comparison, CS will be on top of the heap when it comes to moderates.

Much-Pixie-Dust

Definitely in a polite but assertive manner, request a switch to a Deluxe. My friend got bumped from her room (pirate at CBR) for a large group and they tried putting her in a standard room at CBR. She voiced her concerned and was then place in a Deluxe. IMO you should have a comped upgrade, not a lateral Mod to Mod move, since this is on Disney and you had no control over it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom