Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Gatorboy

Attendance is one thing. Disney as "secured" its standing thanks to a huge group of loyalists. But popularity seems to have shifted.

I'm not sure how to address this, wow, I would think any company would wet their pants to "secure their standings" to a huge group of loyalists. Brand loyalty is a key to sustained business growth. Dismissing the attendance as just "one thing" sounds like an argument from someone that has no argument. That's how companies gauge popularity, by consumers of their product, not forum opinions. The fact is, as far as "popularity shifting", Uni parks has the popularity of the HP IP from Warner Brothers, nothing else has really moved the needle over the years. Disney has the popularity of princesses, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, and a mouse among just a few.
Add the huge investments Disney has coming in the next couple years, I don't see any shift in popularity and could foresee only a widening of the gap. Just for the record, I have AP's to both Disney & Universal, enjoying both, but the addition of HP has not moved me to believe you can compare the two. Understanding though that the projects coming out of Uni has definitely influenced WDW.

Cesar R M

I'm not sure how to address this
Then dont ;)

Uni parks has the popularity of the HP IP from Warner Brothers, nothing else has really moved the needle over the years. Disney has the popularity of princesses, Star Wars, Pixar, Marvel, and a mouse among just a few.
Marvel not in the swamps for Disney if we talk about the Orlando area.
Uni just gained all access to all dreamworks property.
Disney has indeed been smart on buying very popular brands and making a huge conglomerate.

I would think any company would wet their pants to "secure their standings"
There are groups that are secured yet not happy. Think of DVC customers who felt ripped off after seeing their benefits shaved again and again (similar to AP holders not renewing).

Last edited:

Gatorboy

Then dont ;)

As you know I did, just amazed how you came to those revelations

We'll see
Dreamworks hasn't had a movie gross over a billion, Disney has had four, all different properties. Uni already has Dreamworks biggest franchise, Shrek - didn't move the needle
Disney has indeed been smart on buying very popular brands and making a huge conglomerate.
Agreed.

There are groups that are secured yet not happy. Think of DVC customers who felt ripped off after seeing their benefits shaved again and again (similar to AP holders not renewing).
Oh, sorry, I must have missed the mass exodus.

Daveeeeed

Then dont ;)

DVC is like any timeshare... you shouldn't do it.

Disclaimer: unless you're fine with benefits being cut, and find it worth it over a very long time period, which I do not.

Goofyernmost

DVC only ties up your lodging. It does not tie anyone into visiting Disney parks. I've heard they can have cars and actually drive to other attractions around Orlando.
My what a novel thought. Go someplace else in Central Florida? Is there anything else in Central Florida? Who knew? ;)

HeroOfWDW

A friend of mine was talking to a Cast Member and they said that Finding Nemo The Musical is leaving. Not sure if you guys know this already. Kinda sad about this rumor, as it is one of my favorite shows at Disney :( Possibly a Moana show will take it's place?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
A friend of mine was talking to a Cast Member and they said that Finding Nemo The Musical is leaving. Not sure if you guys know this already. Kinda sad about this rumor, as it is one of my favorite shows at Disney :( Possibly a Moana show will take it's place?

The show has been running for 10 years now, so yeah, it's probably time. I agree it's a great show, but it wouldn't shock me to see them switch it out for something new...

drizgirl

I'd be fine with that if something was coming in a timely fashion to replace it. Same with MSEP. But like so many things, I suspect having it leave long before a replacement was ready would just be a way of saving staff costs for an extended period of time.

They need to keep everything open, close EE and fix it, then make any additional changes in the park they have in mind.

AC21075

I personally think the venue (theater and park) would be great for a Zootopia musical attraction like the concert scene at the end. Gazelle hosts a show with musical acts from the various regions celebrating (bio)diversity. Video screens, puppetry, costume characters and dancers, maybe some animatronics for lead characters. Definitely animatronic sloths slowly manning the ticket booths out front. Zootopialooza!

Cesar R M

Honestly I'm not surprised. Last times I have been there it wasnt even full.
And a lot of kids end yawning.

dreamscometrue

Honestly I'm not surprised. Last times I have been there it wasnt even full.
And a lot of kids end yawning.
I loved Tarzan Rocks!, and I actually enjoy Finding Nemo: The Musical, when I go. I only make a point to see it about once every 2 years however. It's certainly not a 'classic', and has had a solid 10 year run, so I have no problem seeing it go. I think changing many (not all) of the shows and attractions in the parks is important to keep things fresh.

dennis-in-ct

I am a fan of the Finding Nemo Show and make an effort to see it each visit. The original music written for the show by the husband and wife team who wrote Ave Q is very good and the staging is complex and interesting enough to hold my interest. This show *feels* more like a real Broadway show than any other show on property.

And yes ... I still have very fond memories of HUNCHBACK at Hollywood studios. That was another show I made an effort to see while visiting.

How long has Beauty and Beast been running?! Seriously. Twice was enough for me in all my visits. Let that thing go away and keep NEMO please. Or replace it with something as good as NEMO.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Let that thing go away and keep NEMO please. Or replace it with something as good as NEMO.

The Aladdin show at DCA was AMAZING and I was quite concerned when that left, but the Frozen show that replaced it is very good as well (personally, I liked all the humor in the Aladdin show and that is much more calmed down in the Frozen show, but from an enjoyment aspect, the Frozen show is right up there. As such, if the Nemo show is going, I have high hopes that the replacement would be equally as good.

brb1006

I personally think the venue (theater and park) would be great for a Zootopia musical attraction like the concert scene at the end. Gazelle hosts a show with musical acts from the various regions celebrating (bio)diversity. Video screens, puppetry, costume characters and dancers, maybe some animatronics for lead characters. Definitely animatronic sloths slowly manning the ticket booths out front. Zootopialooza!
With new songs sang by Judy Hopps.

wdwgreek

I am a fan of the Finding Nemo Show and make an effort to see it each visit. The original music written for the show by the husband and wife team who wrote Ave Q is very good and the staging is complex and interesting enough to hold my interest. This show *feels* more like a real Broadway show than any other show on property.

And yes ... I still have very fond memories of HUNCHBACK at Hollywood studios. That was another show I made an effort to see while visiting.

How long has Beauty and Beast been running?! Seriously. Twice was enough for me in all my visits. Let that thing go away and keep NEMO please. Or replace it with something as good as NEMO.
I echo this sentiment. Finding Nemo the musical is one of the best pieces of "theater" on property. Wonderful costumes, great puppets, I wish the music itself wasn't canned, but live music is very expensive. I have seen over 100 broadway shows and think that some of the production value in this show can match some of the smaller Broadway endeavors. Now its short by design; its designed to be diet broadway show for little ones, at 45 minutes its at the top of a small childs live theater threshold apparently. Just saying .... When i was little my parents would bring me to the theater all the time and I managed to sit through stuff quietly.

wdwgreek

i liked Tarzan better...
Tarzan on broadway? The production had great visuals, but it did not translate well to stage. Another example of glitz over substance. To quote the times, "Tarzan is as "insistently kinetic ... fidgety and attention-deficient", noting that tough "momentous events occur regularly ... any tension or excitement is routinely sabotaged by overkill and diffuseness" I imagine from my vague recollection the Disney World one was much the same, lots of noise and energy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom