Upcoming/Rumored Projects

PorterRedkey

I think Disney is currently running into a big problem, namely: what movie should gets its own attraction?
Huge $$ makers like Frozen already have more than one attraction and that appears to still not be enough.
WIR is proposed to take over SGE in Tomorrowland. It wouldn't be surprising for them to try and make a Zootopia attraction work somewhere...but that's setting a pretty high precedent. Do all "$ucce$$ful" movies from here on out get their own attractions? And what about the still attraction-less movies from the 90s? Aladdin, Lion King, Pocahontas, Hercules, etc...there is the smallest amount of inclusion of them around the parks, and certainly not their own attractions.
So Disney can either just keep up its trend of "new movie, new attraction", but eventually they're gonna run out of available space and have to axe something existing, which opens its own can of worms.

I should have been clear, I ALWAYS prefer an original attraction to one that is IP based (Star War and Indy being the exceptions).

My PotF ride idea was based on Disney and Chappie's obsession with IP's and synergy. I, unfortunately, have excepted the new Chappie reality, even if I am fighting against it. At least as much as one theme park fan can.

Earl Sweatpants

I should have been clear, I ALWAYS prefer an original attraction to one that is IP based (Star War and Indy being the exceptions).

My PotF ride idea was based on Disney and Chappie's obsession with IP's and synergy. I, unfortunately, have excepted the new Chappie reality, even if I am fighting against it. At least as much as one theme park fan can.

Oh for sure. Original rides will always reign supreme. And I fear we're losing out on those at every turn.

PorterRedkey

Oh for sure. Original rides will always reign supreme. And I fear we're losing out on those at every turn.

Except for the international parks. Mystic Manor, Grizzly Gulch are new to HK and totally original.

I had a dream where Chappie realizes that if he builds a great attraction with memorable characters and a great song, he can make a lot of money making movies and selling merch for this fantastic new E-ticket!

I don't want a Star Lord plush.

MotherOfBirds

That site we don't speak of mentioned yesterday that the glass mermaid "cage" from PotC 4 has been added to the cave-beach scene, with supposedly more to come. I was relatively sure that the mermaid additions were dead, but perhaps not. I was hoping our moles could verify this one way or another.

I considered resurrecting the old thread for this, but the excessive sass in the last few pages left a bad taste in my mouth.

Daveeeeed

PatF was fantastic and certainly deserved to kickstart the resurgence of hand-drawn animation...alas, poor marketing did it in as well as some people's need to stir up pointless controversy.
As for IO, I really just felt like it was a flat film (ironic, considering it was all about varying emotions).
What in the world was Sadness up to with touching the key memories to make them sad? Never explained.
What the in the world was Bing Bong doing in the memory storage place? Never explained.
When I first saw him sneaking around stealing memories I thought wow, they're gonna make him the villain character and that's awesome because I can't wait to see where they're gonna take that....except no. It was just glossed over and then he saves the day, etc yada yada.
A more critical breakdown of its flaws aside, I still don't think it should ever touch Imagination.
Sadness was able to make the emotions sad because it is able to make you think how you can't go back, but you can still enjoy them. We clearly didn't watch the same film, Inside Out had an incredible amount of depth and was easily the top ten films of 2015. I don't think you understand everything about the film.

KingOfEpicocity

Couldn't find the Dino thread but I just heard from a CM that apparently the Compys that jump over your car are being removed. They've been told it will be replaced by a screen. Opening date is November. Apparently they are "thinking differently" with this new one. Nothing too intense, unfortunately they aren't turning it up any :(

Goofyernmost

As far as I'm aware there are no animatronics that "jump" over the ride vehicle and I've ridden this probably a few dozen times (not that I particularly care for the attraction)
If ever there was such a thing, I would wager that they have been gone a very long time. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that happening and I have been riding it a long time, but, I don't believe I ever got there before it changed to Dinosaur from Countdown to Extinction.

KingOfEpicocity

As far as I'm aware there are no animatronics that "jump" over the ride vehicle and I've ridden this probably a few dozen times (not that I particularly care for the attraction)
If ever there was such a thing, I would wager that they have been gone a very long time. I don't remember ever seeing anything like that happening and I have been riding it a long time, but, I don't believe I ever got there before it changed to Dinosaur from Countdown to Extinction.

Yes there used to be some small Dino's that jumped over your car. Right before the chasing Carnatarus and right after the flying one from above. The effect was turned off a long time ago.

Earl Sweatpants

Sadness was able to make the emotions sad because it is able to make you think how you can't go back, but you can still enjoy them. We clearly didn't watch the same film, Inside Out had an incredible amount of depth and was easily the top ten films of 2015. I don't think you understand everything about the film.

Before I begin, I'm going to just go ahead and assume you have a Bachelor's degree in film studies with an emphasis in screenwriting. Moving on...

For starters, the movie has no tension and therefore no big pay off. What are we to expect? That Joy and Sadness get lost and don't make it back to "head"quarters? Would never happen. In that case, the second they get "lost", its not a question of "will that make it back?" but "how will they get back", and for me at least, that doesn't make for much of a compelling story.
Also, the movie is flawed from its outset. You essentially have only 5 emotions that run a person (not considering a myriad of other essential human emotions), but 4 of those are negative vs 1 positive. Are you trying to inherently say that people are emotionally overruled by negativity? Joy is annoying because she is the only positive person in the brain. You know those "happy for no obvious reason" people that you just want to punch in the face sometimes? That's your main character! And while she does go through a bit of a change through the movie, its pretty strange to have characters that ARE emotions...having the capacity to possess other emotions...Maybe that works for you, but it doesn't work for me because it directly contradicts their very character essence.
Bing Bong stealing memories too is something I can't get past. Why does he start off as such a shady character who might be up to something...only to then save them at the end?
Trust me, I "get" the movie. I get that it wants to tell kids its possible to look back on fond memories with a twist of sadness because you remember the good, but you're sad you can't go back and you have to move on, leave behind imaginary friends, etc. It's all heart-meltingly Pixar-y and ::sigh::....just could have been SO much better.
Its sad when the best part of your movie is the side gags during the end credits.

Look, I get this movie is for kids and therefore shouldn't be as highly scrutinized in some people's minds. But I don't buy the kid's movie "free pass" mentality. A flawed movie is a flawed movie. Are you going to tell me that every movie made "for kids" is not able to be criticized?

PorterRedkey

Before I begin, I'm going to just go ahead and assume you have a Bachelor's degree in film studies with an emphasis in screenwriting. Moving on...

For starters, the movie has no tension and therefore no big pay off. What are we to expect? That Joy and Sadness get lost and don't make it back to "head"quarters? Would never happen. In that case, the second they get "lost", its not a question of "will that make it back?" but "how will they get back", and for me at least, that doesn't make for much of a compelling story.
Also, the movie is flawed from its outset. You essentially have only 5 emotions that run a person (not considering a myriad of other essential human emotions), but 4 of those are negative vs 1 positive. Are you trying to inherently say that people are emotionally overruled by negativity? Joy is annoying because she is the only positive person in the brain. You know those "happy for no obvious reason" people that you just want to punch in the face sometimes? That's your main character! And while she does go through a bit of a change through the movie, its pretty strange to have characters that ARE emotions...having the capacity to possess other emotions...Maybe that works for you, but it doesn't work for me because it directly contradicts their very character essence.
Bing Bong stealing memories too is something I can't get past. Why does he start off as such a shady character who might be up to something...only to then save them at the end?
Trust me, I "get" the movie. I get that it wants to tell kids its possible to look back on fond memories with a twist of sadness because you remember the good, but you're sad you can't go back and you have to move on, leave behind imaginary friends, etc. It's all heart-meltingly Pixar-y and ::sigh::....just could have been SO much better.
Its sad when the best part of your movie is the side gags during the end credits.

Look, I get this movie is for kids and therefore shouldn't be as highly scrutinized in some people's minds. But I don't buy the kid's movie "free pass" mentality. A flawed movie is a flawed movie. Are you going to tell me that every movie made "for kids" is not able to be criticized?
Let it go man, you are giving too much energy to something you don't like. Focus that energy on something you do like. That will be more fun :)

Unfortunately for you, you are in the minority. Critics and audiences both gave the movie high praise. I understand you don't like it. That is fine. A person's opinion can never be wrong, but you have to pick your battles.

Earl Sweatpants

Let it go man, you are giving too much energy to something you don't like. Focus that energy on something you do like. That will be more fun :)

Unfortunately for you, you are in the minority. Critics and audiences both gave the movie high praise. I understand you don't like it. That is fine. A person's opinion can never be wrong, but you have to pick your battles.
Yeah, you're right. I just don't enjoy having my intelligence called into question. I'm moving on to things I like as we speak :)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Meh, save it for Emo-land

Daveeeeed

This isn't a big deal so I want to keep it that way, but for the record I wasn't doubting your intelligence. I just thought that you may of not realized what some of the most important parts meant, and that that might be why you didn't like it, but now that you tell me why you didn't like it now I know. Just differing opinions, gives the world depth:) I thought you were like me after Interstellar:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom