Upcoming/Rumored Projects

jrhwdw

Does this mean that PTN might be moved to WDW when MSEP returns to Disneyland if the rumor is true?
Which is more expensive to run? PTN or MSEP? As it is now Soundsational is only playing weekends. And its SUMMER! Could they be cutting their nighttime budget a little to help out other things? From the onset, MSEP looks like it would be a step back for DL. However what are the guests thinking, do they favor MSEP over PTN?????

As for Forever, should be interesting to see what they do after Labor Day. You would think they would keep Forever at least until Nov when Believe comes back. Will Believe get upgrades like it did after the 50th?

jrhwdw

Update: WOC-C! at DCA also ends on the 5th.

As for PTN at MK, I'm sure PTN would look real good with MRFF, that new pyro the could be already to go? and the new Nighttime Entertainment at DHS and DAK.

However, I would like to see ROL open first before we spend money on trades. Unless MSEP breaks of course, then IDK if it would be a trade.

HouseHacker97

I agree. Dinosaurs deserve a place at Animal Kingdom but not like that. I propose these things to be done.

Dinosaur stage show: Come on Disney, you made Festival of the Lion King in little-to-no-time. Just rip off the Walking with Dinosaurs stage show, it's not that hard (but please try for accuracy!).

Ice Age Flume Ride (@RandySavage 's idea, brotherrrr): This will replace Primeval Whirl as the main "thrill ride" (as if Primeval Whirl ever was one) in the area.

Restaurant: Restaurantosaurus was a terrible name. I'm pretty sure calling something "[word]osaurus" has been a cliché since before it was built and is the least imaginative name possible. I'm not good with names, though, which is why every addition got a generic title. The food should be re-done into something that's not burgers and nuggets, and the decor should be re-done into something that's not... whatever it is currently.

Dinosaur Zoo (@Imagineerland 's idea): Disney, try your hardest to not just put some naked Velociraptor in here. I'd like to see Pachycephalosaurus, Leptoceratops, Triceratops, Acheroraptor, and maybe a Struthiomimus.

Countdown to Extinction: Please update the effects. This ride should be as popular as Kilimanjaro and Everest, but it isn't. My wishlist would be to remove the references to the movie and replace the Iguanodon with an Edmontosaurus and the Carnotaurus with a Tyrannosaurus (maybe the one from Universal so nobody has any reason to go on that ride?).

I'd even say they could tear down the finding nemo show, boneyard, and primeval whirl in exchange for a well themed area with shops and a thrill dark ride (although now that i think about it, it needs to be different than countdown so maybe something slower idk). Maybe i'm the only one that finds the shows boring o_O but I'd bet that something new like that would bring more attention to the park than those other attractions ever did. i kind of like the Carnotaurus tho- it gives more variety than something like a T-Rex (which IMO is a little too predictable) But i agree 100% it needs a mega refurb that blows Indie out of the water because I'm getting a little jealous

KingOfEpicocity

I'd even say they could tear down the finding nemo show, boneyard, and primeval whirl in exchange for a well themed area with shops and a thrill dark ride (although now that i think about it, it needs to be different than countdown so maybe something slower idk). Maybe i'm the only one that finds the shows boring o_O but I'd bet that something new like that would bring more attention to the park than those other attractions ever did. i kind of like the Carnotaurus tho- it gives more variety than something like a T-Rex (which IMO is a little too predictable) But i agree 100% it needs a mega refurb that blows Indie out of the water because I'm getting a little jealous
If you ask me Dino already blows Indy out of the water.

Wikkler

I'd even say they could tear down the finding nemo show, boneyard, and primeval whirl in exchange for a well themed area with shops and a thrill dark ride (although now that i think about it, it needs to be different than countdown so maybe something slower idk). Maybe i'm the only one that finds the shows boring o_O but I'd bet that something new like that would bring more attention to the park than those other attractions ever did.
How did I not mention tearing down DinoRama? Because that's a thing that needs to happen. In its place would be the Ice Age mini-land. Being one of three lands in the park that isn't themed to a place with civilization of some sort, I think it would benefit from vegetation.
i kind of like the Carnotaurus tho- it gives more variety than something like a T-Rex (which IMO is a little too predictable)
Tyrannosaurus is predictable indeed but at least it's in the right time period. The asteroid impact is an integral part of the ride and so all dinosaurs and other prehistoric critters should be from the Hell Creek Formation, which necessitates a Tyrannosaurus. This is all a big fat IMO, after all there's people out there who would rather see a Stegosaurus-Tyrannosaurus-Smilodon battle.
But i agree 100% it needs a mega refurb that blows Indie out of the water because I'm getting a little jealous
Agree. I would say they should be on par, but World should be the bigger destination anyway, and not the same number of rides as Disneyland!

WDWs4Life

I know that innovations was the coolest thing for my family when i was 8-15ish (so around 810-15 years ago.) It was the best thing about EPCOT for me and my family because we got to see new technology. Our favorite thing was the smarthouse. We got to see the automatic Lawnmower/vacuum (Rumba type thing), a wheelchair that could climb the stairs, and then the refrigerator that you can scan what you need and then it created a shopping list to name a few. I know for me new technology like that was fun to play with and now they have all this virtual reality stuff in Spaceship earth (i remember the fun tables with needles, and all that jazz we'd spend hours in there)now the waits for the games after spaceship earth are horrible and there are so few things to do that the lines are pretty horrible we just walk out after words because there is so little to do and the waits are horrible. We also just today walked right through that area and never went into any side buildings around it (the part we used to spend the most time in)

Although the good thing is we went to the DVC club in EPCOT and it was very bland in creativity, built was nice that they had actual areas to plug darn technology in (BTW when the hell with that be happening in all the park s so they have mobile device plug in/charging stations so that we can actually use the phones all the times without them dying 1/3 of the way into the day. They don't have restrooms up there thugh so you have to have a castmembers check you out to get back into the area after going up. They did walk around with snacks (chips gummy bears,etc), but most of the iPads their chargers are completely broken from the rough usesage (the problem we all have the lightening cables the connection area is broken) so some are dead from charging.

MagicHappens1971

According to Twitter user Matthew Gottula (@DLThings), Disneyland Forever will be ending its run on September 5th following the Diamond Celebration at Disneyland (https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/739653100219174912). I bring this up because when asked about the future of Paint the Night after the Diamond Celebration, he said "Apparently Paint the Night will switch places with Magic Kingdom's Electrical Parade after the 60th" (https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/739683818597056512). Does anyone know the validity of these statements?
As much as I would love for PTN to come to WDW so I could see it in person, I can't see them giving Disneyland our sloppy seconds that they gave us to begin with. Unless they give MSEP substantial upgrades.

cindy_k

[..] Maybe i'm the only one that finds the shows boring o_O but I'd bet that something new like that would bring more attention to the park than those other attractions ever did. [..]
I liked Tarzan Rocks. (especially if you got a good set of performers) Nemo can go, it is boring. I was sad when they replaced a fun upbeat show with dancing rollerblading Apes with boring fish puppets on stage.

KingOfEpicocity

I disrespectfully disagree. Indy in Disneyland is a far superior ride.

i guess theres something about full sized audioanimatronic dinos that impresses me more than mostly stagnant sets. its an amazing ride dont get me wrong, (my favorite in disneyland), but the story and thrill in dino just sets it out.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
As much as I would love for PTN to come to WDW so I could see it in person, I can't see them giving Disneyland our sloppy seconds that they gave us to begin with. Unless they give MSEP substantial upgrades.

There's a nostalgia factor to MSEP... I mean, would I be sad to see it replaced? Probably not. But would I be sad if they replaced it before my kids ever got to see it (when they would actually be old enough to remember it)? Possibly... though technology has improved, the parade itself just has sort of a timeless feel to it. I can't help but think that there are many in Cali that would love to see MSEP (even in it's current form) come back, though I think if it did it would be for a very limited time.

Daveeeeed

There's a nostalgia factor to MSEP... I mean, would I be sad to see it replaced? Probably not. But would I be sad if they replaced it before my kids ever got to see it (when they would actually be old enough to remember it)? Possibly... though technology has improved, the parade itself just has sort of a timeless feel to it. I can't help but think that there are many in Cali that would love to see MSEP (even in it's current form) come back, though I think if it did it would be for a very limited time.
I agree, except I wouldn't mind a few updates.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I've never been to Disneyland so I can't say my opinion on either Dinosaur or Indy is better. I do know they use the same exact ride vehicles and system, so they're both equally great, right? You really can't say one is better than the other. It's sorta like saying dumbo is better than the magic carpets of aladden.

One could argue that the themeing/story telling/music all would have a strong contribution in saying one is better than the other. Take for example Rock-n-Roller Coaster compared to "Xpress" (shown below) at Walibi Holland. Both coasters utilize the same trains and track layout (though RnR may have a few VERY minor modifications to allow it to run three trains), but few would argue that RnR is the vastly superior attraction. When comparing Indy vs. Dinosaur, it's not as though one is completely unthemed, but many (including myself) would argue that the themeing and story on Indy is so much better than on Dinosaur that, even though they are the same ride vehicles and layout, Indy offers a much better experience.

KingOfEpicocity

One could argue that the themeing/story telling/music all would have a strong contribution in saying one is better than the other. Take for example Rock-n-Roller Coaster compared to "Xpress" (shown below) at Walibi Holland. Both coasters utilize the same trains and track layout (though RnR may have a few VERY minor modifications to allow it to run three trains), but few would argue that RnR is the vastly superior attraction. When comparing Indy vs. Dinosaur, it's not as though one is completely unthemed, but many (including myself) would argue that the themeing and story on Indy is so much better than on Dinosaur that, even though they are the same ride vehicles and layout, Indy offers a much better experience.

I would use the same argument against you. I really think it's an opinion more than a sure answer.

KingOfEpicocity

I've seen them both and, frankly, I don't think, in this case one is any better then the other. It depends on whether or not you like Indy more then Dinosaurs as a theme. I like them both so I can't vote specifically for or against either one.

Which is a good point. I simply find dinosaur more impressive for what is there. I love giant animatronic dinosaurs and time travel. What can I say? Either way, Indy is still my favorite ride at DLR.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom