Upcoming/Rumored Projects

MotherOfBirds

Concept art for Studio Ghibli rides keep popping up on my feed. Is there a chance that any of these will actually be on the table for the domestic parks or is this just a few artists goofing off? I would love to see Laputa or Totoro fill that sad show building in Japan.

Brian Swan

As this is kind of an "open" rumored projects thread I thought I'd ask. A while back there was quite a bit of talk about a rumored FrL expansion in the MK, but I've heard nothing about it recently (unless it's in one of the dozens of thread I don't have time to keep up with). Is this still a "viable" rumor/concept? Has anyone heard anything about it recently?

Progress.City

As this is kind of an "open" rumored projects thread I thought I'd ask. A while back there was quite a bit of talk about a rumored FrL expansion in the MK, but I've heard nothing about it recently (unless it's in one of the dozens of thread I don't have time to keep up with). Is this still a "viable" rumor/concept? Has anyone heard anything about it recently?

One thing you need to know about how the Disney company works is that, just because they decide to go ahead with a project, it could take years and years and years until we actually know what the plan is. It's far too early to know what's in store for FrL at this stage.

matt9112

Yes they really need to give it attention, but they painted the Dino green to blend in with the background, I think that's all the attention they'll be giving it for a while.

Meh a total retheme yes but you could keep the spinner theme it much more like the Institute and tear out all the carnival stuff maybe build a few small food/drink stalls and tear down the coasters theming aside i think the biggest problem is the height requirement for that attraction defeats its only purpose.

Wikkler

Doesn't Chester and Hester's sit right behind the new seating area for RoL? I think that alone will force Disney to give it attention. It's always been jarring and out of place but now it will be bringing down their new show.

AK is a true gem but by getting rid of this area that never should have been built in the first place and giving us one more e-ticket (and maybe the Jungle Book ride in Asia) and the park would be a total knockout.
I agree. Dinosaurs deserve a place at Animal Kingdom but not like that. I propose these things to be done.

Dinosaur stage show: Come on Disney, you made Festival of the Lion King in little-to-no-time. Just rip off the Walking with Dinosaurs stage show, it's not that hard (but please try for accuracy!).

Ice Age Flume Ride (@RandySavage 's idea, brotherrrr): This will replace Primeval Whirl as the main "thrill ride" (as if Primeval Whirl ever was one) in the area.

Restaurant: Restaurantosaurus was a terrible name. I'm pretty sure calling something "[word]osaurus" has been a cliché since before it was built and is the least imaginative name possible. I'm not good with names, though, which is why every addition got a generic title. The food should be re-done into something that's not burgers and nuggets, and the decor should be re-done into something that's not... whatever it is currently.

Dinosaur Zoo (@Imagineerland 's idea): Disney, try your hardest to not just put some naked Velociraptor in here. I'd like to see Pachycephalosaurus, Leptoceratops, Triceratops, Acheroraptor, and maybe a Struthiomimus.

Countdown to Extinction: Please update the effects. This ride should be as popular as Kilimanjaro and Everest, but it isn't. My wishlist would be to remove the references to the movie and replace the Iguanodon with an Edmontosaurus and the Carnotaurus with a Tyrannosaurus (maybe the one from Universal so nobody has any reason to go on that ride?).

Attachments

• deleteme.png
    deleteme.png
    183 KB · Views: 101

brb1006

I know it's probably been discussed before, but is there any chance Epcot (future world) will get any updates? Maybe after avatar and Star Wars?
I'm hoping it will finally get love once the Star Wars Land Project along with Pandora and Toy Story Land is complete but that's years ahead. I just hope in a future D23 we might get a surprise announcement about new plans for Epcot's Future World like D23 2011 when Dreamfinder unexpectedly showed up.

KingOfEpicocity

True but because the center of future world is so dead, and such large space between attractions it really feels even worse than it is because of the layout, it emphasizes the negative

I feel like future world is next... I mean Epcot is the 6th most visited park in the world. I feel like they're trying to boost attendance in DHS and DAK before the fix Epcot. Frozen and soarin may simply be things to hold us over. Especially colortopia. It seems weird that they would add that but take out the rest of innoventions...

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I feel like future world is next... I mean Epcot is the 6th most visited park in the world. I feel like they're trying to boost attendance in DHS and DAK before the fix Epcot. Frozen and soarin may simply be things to hold us over. Especially colortopia. It seems weird that they would add that but take out the rest of innoventions...
That's likely true, your post made it seem like all they've done is add. If they had added those attractions and kept innoventions humming it would be different. (Even then they have shuttered pavilions). I'm the first to give a pass on closed areas when new is coming. But not when an area or attraction closes for extended periods with no indication of anything new.

Last edited:

KingOfEpicocity

That's likely true, your post made it seem like all they've done is add. If they had added those attractions and kept innocent ions humming it would be different. (Even then they have shuttered pavilions). I'm the first to give a pass on closed areas when new is coming. But not when an area or attraction closes for extended periods with no indication of anything new.

Well I do agree things have closed. A lot of things. But I can't help but think they're just cutting costs until they can update/refurb things. And again with colortopia. It seems weird that most of that space would be closed, yet they open a new exhibit. I'm thinking they're holding over until SWL, Avatar, and TSL are done. I hope. But I will haven't heard any rumors or evidence of that.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Well I do agree things have closed. A lot of things. But I can't help but think they're just cutting costs until they can update/refurb things. And again with colortopia. It seems weird that most of that space would be closed, yet they open a new exhibit. I'm thinking they're holding over until SWL, Avatar, and TSL are done. I hope. But I will haven't heard any rumors or evidence of that.
Here is hoping. If nothing else they have figured out how to create the lines of old by adding frozen into Norway... That'll be a monster most days

Last edited:
According to Twitter user Matthew Gottula (@DLThings), Disneyland Forever will be ending its run on September 5th following the Diamond Celebration at Disneyland (https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/739653100219174912). I bring this up because when asked about the future of Paint the Night after the Diamond Celebration, he said "Apparently Paint the Night will switch places with Magic Kingdom's Electrical Parade after the 60th" (https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/739683818597056512). Does anyone know the validity of these statements?

brb1006

According to Twitter user Matthew Gottula (@DLThings), Disneyland Forever will be ending its run on September 5th following the Diamond Celebration at Disneyland (https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/739653100219174912). I bring this up because when asked about the future of Paint the Night after the Diamond Celebration, he said "Apparently Paint the Night will switch places with Magic Kingdom's Electrical Parade after the 60th" (https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/739683818597056512). Does anyone know the validity of these statements?
Does this mean that PTN might be moved to WDW when MSEP returns to Disneyland if the rumor is true?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom