Upcoming/Rumored Projects

tokengator

I know I am a new poster but i do know someone in upper management at disney from college football message board I frequent. I wont share everything he told me because it was mostly a rant against the workmanship of the chinese contractors and workers in Shanghai (apparently they are terrible and causing a lot of headaches which is causing them to refocus a lot of energy right now).

anyway, he said frontierland expansion is "blue sky". Not really sure what that means, but he also hinted that removal of TSI and the filling in of the ROA is direction that seems to have the most backing.

He said they are well aware of the many issues with Tomorrowland and eyeing ways to fix it.

He also mentioned the expansion of HS being so large that they are considering a small tram/monorail to transport people from the parking structure over world drive to HS

msteel

Welcome to the forums. Don't take offense, but lots of users show up the first time here claiming to have amazing new information, and many of them are either ill informed or trolls. So people here (including myself) will treat your information with skepticism.

I know I am a new poster but i do know someone in upper management at disney from college football message board I frequent.
For instance, you don't know any more about your source than we do about you.

anyway, he said frontierland expansion is "blue sky". Not really sure what that means, but he also hinted that removal of TSI and the filling in of the ROA is direction that seems to have the most backing.

He said they are well aware of the many issues with Tomorrowland and eyeing ways to fix it.

He also mentioned the expansion of HS being so large that they are considering a small tram/monorail to transport people from the parking structure over world drive to HS

I doubt there will be a parking structure across world drive, because there is a permit filed for fireworks launch in that area and I think fallout would be a problem with having parking there. So, the rest of your info is suspect too.

tokengator

ok? just sharing what he told me. I've been on the board with him for 10+ years and speak with him privately quite often over that time. The conversation was about the chinese workers and the other stuff kind of came out via that conversation so it seemed more realistic to me since he wasn't trying to sell me on that or anything.

oh and I do know for a fact he works in disney management. I've seen pictures he has posted on social media. Now how "tuned in" he is -- that is obviously up for debate.

tokengator

also I saw this on another website which also led some credence to what he said

r-1444877332-DHSDevelopment1.jpg

ABQ

tokengator

I saw that photo somewhere else, whether originally taken from here or not I would have no clue. Like I said it seemed to corroborate what i was told about the parking structure and some sort of tram/monorail over world drive.

After my conversation with him, and as a WDW lover, it piqued my interest so I started doing some research -- i came across that photo along with a list of other rumors and confirmed updates. I also came across this board of seemingly like minded folks.

I am not trying to pretend to be an insider of any sort. I saw this thread is titled park news, rumors, and current events so I thought I would share the conversation. People can take from it what they want, I never purported it to be gospel of any sort.

and I am certainly not trying to troll..I would have to be much more imaginative and inflammatory to being doing that, I would think.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Welcome to the forums. Don't take offense, but lots of users show up the first time here claiming to have amazing new information, and many of them are either ill informed or trolls. So people here (including myself) will treat your information with skepticism.

For instance, you don't know any more about your source than we do about you.

I doubt there will be a parking structure across world drive, because there is a permit filed for fireworks launch in that area and I think fallout would be a problem with having parking there. So, the rest of your info is suspect too.

It's possible there will be parking there but it will likely be employee parking, not guest parking.

lazyboy97o

and I am certainly not trying to troll..I would have to be much more imaginative and inflammatory to being doing that, I would think.
What makes you most suspect is that you aren't saying anything special or unique. It is either widely common knowledge (Chinese construction quality) or stuff that has been talked about plenty already. The way a lot of people try to make a name for themselves is by just stealing from others, not just making stuff up. Being somewhat detailed about your friend who works of the company is at the least unwise, as that sort of openness can end poorly for those employed by the company.

dstrawn9889

ok, the permit thread casts a dark shadow over the garage on the other side of World drive... since there is, as stated above, a fireworks launch compound going adjacent to that pink blob there... and the picture did come from here, and that was a little more than blue sky at the time

tokengator

Like I said..I came across the picture on some random forum when I was looking into the info he told me. I never doubted it came from and don't really think it was important in this context

msteel

It's possible there will be parking there but it will likely be employee parking, not guest parking.
Well, the pink line across the road in Martin's drawing doesn't seem to make sense with the fireworks launch, so maybe there will be parking somehow. Maybe the fallout clearances would still allow it?

tokengator

What makes you most suspect is that you aren't saying anything special or unique. It is either widely common knowledge (Chinese construction quality) or stuff that has been talked about plenty already. The way a lot of people try to make a name for themselves is by just stealing from others, not just making stuff up. Being somewhat detailed about your friend who works of the company is at the least unwise, as that sort of openness can end poorly for those employed by the company.

ok, the permit thread casts a dark shadow over the garage on the other side of World drive... since there is, as stated above, a fireworks launch compound going adjacent to that pink blob there... and the picture did come from here, and that was a little more than blue sky at the time

I only brought the construction thing to provide context of the conversation I was having with him. I'm in construction and we were talking about various things and the conversation came to work ethic of various cultures. He then started ranting about all the problems they are having in China and how it is taking resources from what they have planned in Orlando..which prompted me to ask him what they had planned..which is what I shared here. Again I saw this was the rumor thread and I shared..maybe find out if any of it is true

The post was harmless and innocuous so I'm a little baffled at the condescension and absurd claims like trying to 'make a name for myself'

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The fireworks launch is going where I indicated in red. World Drive is closer to the launch area that most of the land north of that, so they could still build parking there.

Capture.JPG

msteel

The fireworks launch is going where I indicated in red. World Drive is closer to the launch area that most of the land north of that, so they could still build parking there.

View attachment 122656
The sketch by @marni1971 shows the pink (infrastructure of some kind) entirely north of the dirt road, and the fallout diagram posted by @bweaver1985 (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/attachments/fireworks-jpg.121541/) shows the fallout restriction going up to that road. It seems that parking could still happen across the road then.

JoeCamel

I only brought the construction thing to provide context of the conversation I was having with him. I'm in construction and we were talking about various things and the conversation came to work ethic of various cultures. He then started ranting about all the problems they are having in China and how it is taking resources from what they have planned in Orlando..which prompted me to ask him what they had planned..which is what I shared here. Again I saw this was the rumor thread and I shared..maybe find out if any of it is true

The post was harmless and innocuous so I'm a little baffled at the condescension and absurd claims like trying to 'make a name for myself'

Just an outside observer here but if you provide links to your source rather than "some random site" you might be better received

dstrawn9889

but the fallout probability would preclude building ap parking structure there, wouldnt it. and as for you, @tokengator , no offense, but the information you have given in good faith, is outdated(IMHO). the amoung of times this group has come across incorrect information (malicious or not) makes lots of people here skeptics. welcome to the boards, but if you post something, oyu gotta know that someone here has a differing(and loud) opinion to the contrary. i dont see the flyover and parking west of world drive as a valid consideration, and have explained why above.

tokengator

Just an outside observer here but if you provide links to your source rather than "some random site" you might be better received

Links to my source? I feel like I'm in a twilight zone. What source am I supposed to link? For the picture? Someone already said it came from here, all I said is came across it somewhere else when I was researching what someone told me. Where I found the picture is completely irrelevant. I said I was doing research into what I was told and I came across that photo that seemed, to my completely clueless mind on this topic, to provide some validity to what I was told.

I mean christ I flat out said I was researching what I was told so clearly I'm looking for answers. I didn't say anything I was told is fact or anything like that. I said how I know the person who told me.

Some of you are acting like I came in saying I have the greatest info in the world and you need to believe it. I shared what I was told in the hopes of learning more. Jesus.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Links to my source? I feel like I'm in a twilight zone. What source am I supposed to link? For the picture? Someone already said it came from here, all I said is came across it somewhere else when I was researching what someone told me. Where I found the picture is completely irrelevant. I said I was doing research into what I was told and I came across that photo that seemed, to my completely clueless mind on this topic, to provide some validity to what I was told.

I mean christ I flat out said I was researching what I was told so clearly I'm looking for answers. I didn't say anything I was told is fact or anything like that. I said how I know the person who told me.

Some of you are acting like I came in saying I have the greatest info in the world and you need to believe it. I shared what I was told in the hopes of learning more. Jesus.

Don't take it personally. Most new people who come here with "inside information" get attacked for it. It's sort of a tradition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom