Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Dice50

He also stated that the plans were ambitious, I don't think a themed bathroom would be considered "ambitious". This is not Tangled, it's freaking Star Wars!

Couldn't that mean that each park will get a Star Ware themed parade/firework show, character meet and greets, Star Wars conventions, a new and updated Star Tours ride, Star Wars restaurant? It just seems to me if they were going to be building a massive Star Wars Land with E-ticket rides he would just say "we're going to be building a Star Wars Land in DHS, detailed to be announced after the movie is released".

Rutt

Couldn't that mean that each park will get a Star Ware themed parade/firework show, character meet and greets, Star Wars conventions, a new and updated Star Tours ride, Star Wars restaurant? It just seems to me if they were going to be building a massive Star Wars Land with E-ticket rides he would just say "we're going to be building a Star Wars Land in DHS, detailed to be announced after the movie is released".
Maybe theyre just not ready to announce it? I really dont understand why we are jumping to the conclusion it wobt be major? Avatarland is looking to be an awesome land by most accounts. It could totally change how people visit DAK. I get the feeling SW and its presence could be much, much bigger.
Im actually more worried that they'll cheap out on Pixar.

HauntedMansionFLA

Maybe theyre just not ready to announce it? I really dont understand why we are jumping to the conclusion it wobt be major? Avatarland is looking to be an awesome land by most accounts. It could totally change how people visit DAK. I get the feeling SW and its presence could be much, much bigger.
They waited to do an Avatar update with Cameron during Tokyo D23 which was later than the D23 here in the states. With all of the rumors of more attraction closing, I'm hoping they go big with Star Wars Land. It's a money making machine. Think of all of the retail they can sell and food.

Last edited:

PorterRedkey

I can see where you are coming from, no details have been announced, and to be honest I don't think any details will be revealed at D23. I believe that the D23 announcements will be mostly Avatar and the Pixar part of the DHS renovation. Star Wars will be left for later.

I do believe what people like WDW1974 have been saying about there being ambitious plans (didn't he mention a full Death Star), but I also think that the grandest plans never happen. The Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland was supposed to be much grander that the version that was constructed. However, even with the cuts to the attraction, it is now widely considered to be the gold standard of Disney dark ride attractions.

You may be right, but I have more faith in a groundbreaking E-ticket for Star Wars than for even one e-ticket for the DHS Pixar expansion.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
They waited to do an Avatar update with Cameron during Tokyo D23 which was later than the D23 here in the states. With all of the rumors of more attraction closing, I'm hoping they go big with Star Wars Land. It's a money making machine. Think of all of the retail they dan sell and food.
That was supposed to be a way to convince OLC to build a land of Avatar in Japan. They still said No.

Dice50

I'm saying, if is a real thing that is going to happen, their announcement just has to be "we're building a StarWars Land at DHS" they don't have to announce details or ride specifics, just some sort of confirmation that it is happening.

I think the question should be turned around, I don't understand why we're jumping to the conclusion that anything is happening, when there has been almost nothing about this said by Disney. I mean why aren't we jumping to the conclusion that Australia at DAK is going to be awesome? My answer would be, that there is no Australia land b/c Disney never said they were going to build an Australia land.

Rutt

I'm saying, if is a real thing that is going to happen, their announcement just has to be "we're building a StarWars Land at DHS" they don't have to announce details or ride specifics, just some sort of confirmation that it is happening.

I think the question should be turned around, I don't understand why we're jumping to the conclusion that anything is happening, when there has been almost nothing about this said by Disney. I mean why aren't we jumping to the conclusion that Australia at DAK is going to be awesome? My answer would be, that there is no Australia land b/c Disney never said they were going to build an Australia land.
Well, probably because there have been enough hints thrown around by Disney as well as several suggestions by 'insiders' here stating that something big is in fact coming at some point. What that is at this point is totally up in the air, but none of the 'inside' information we've seen at this point suggests it will be a retheme or fireworks.
I dont think Ive seen too many get overly excited for this yet. A lot of airchair imagineering yes, but we do that whether something is real or completely unrealistic anyway.

Rutt

They waited to do an Avatar update with Cameron during Tokyo D23 which was later than the D23 here in the states. With all of the rumors of more attraction closing, I'm hoping they go big with Star Wars Land. It's a money making machine. Think of all of the retail they can sell and food.
I have never really been into the SW thing but I gotta say, the theming alone (if done right) would make it a must do. Of courae I cant wait for Avatarland either (hated the movie).

Dice50

Well, probably because there have been enough hints thrown around by Disney as well as several suggestions by 'insiders' here stating that something big is in fact coming at some point. What that is at this point is totally up in the air, but none of the 'inside' information we've seen at this point suggests it will be a retheme or fireworks.
I dont think Ive seen too many get overly excited for this yet. A lot of airchair imagineering yes, but we do that whether something is real or completely unrealistic anyway.

Hey I hear ya, I would LOVE for this to happen and hope it does. When I first started reading about it on this site and others I was all excited because people were talking about it like it was a for sure thing that it was happening. And then I went to actually read what the "real" news was and realized that there was no real news. I would love to be wrong or have missed something, but as far as I know this is the only hard evidence that exists that there is going to be a Star Wars Land built:

1. There has been a lot of stuff closed at DHS
2. Bob Iger said they have ambitious plans for Star Wars in the park - by far the hardest evidence
3. "Insiders" on a Disney fan site, said it was budgeted to happened once but got shelved with the expectation that the plans would be revived in the future.

As far as I know, that's it. Am I missing something?

Let's just go through each one of those. Disney doesn't seem to have any problem running parks with minimal attractions, so DHS operating with 5 rides + Muppets seems to suit them just find. What Bob Iger said could mean more SW stuff without ever building a new land with E-ticket rides (the stuff I suggested above). 3. Insiders - say stuff all the time that don't turn out to be true. Also even if they were right that at one time this was budgeted to happen, they also never said anything specifically about when it would be announced in the future.

I think if you weigh all the evidence the most likely outcome is a SW presence in the parks but not a new Star Wars land. I would LOVE to be wrong and I won't go back unless it happens but I just don't find any evidence for it and if it was going to happen I feel like we'd know more details by now or at least a confirmation by Disney that it's real.

Rutt

Hey I hear ya, I would LOVE for this to happen and hope it does. When I first started reading about it on this site and others I was all excited because people were talking about it like it was a for sure thing that it was happening. And then I went to actually read what the "real" news was and realized that there was no real news. I would love to be wrong or have missed something, but as far as I know this is the only hard evidence that exists that there is going to be a Star Wars Land built:

1. There has been a lot of stuff closed at DHS
2. Bob Iger said they have ambitious plans for Star Wars in the park - by far the hardest evidence
3. "Insiders" on a Disney fan site, said it was budgeted to happened once but got shelved with the expectation that the plans would be revived in the future.

As far as I know, that's it. Am I missing something?

Let's just go through each one of those. Disney doesn't seem to have any problem running parks with minimal attractions, so DHS operating with 5 rides + Muppets seems to suit them just find. What Bob Iger said could mean more SW stuff without ever building a new land with E-ticket rides (the stuff I suggested above). 3. Insiders - say stuff all the time that don't turn out to be true. Also even if they were right that at one time this was budgeted to happen, they also never said anything specifically about when it would be announced in the future.

I think if you weigh all the evidence the most likely outcome is a SW presence in the parks but not a new Star Wars land. I would LOVE to be wrong and I won't go back unless it happens but I just don't find any evidence for it and if it was going to happen I feel like we'd know more details by now or at least a confirmation by Disney that it's real.

1. I don't take that to mean anything other than the things being closed have run their course and Disney no longer finds them to be necessary. While I would hope they would replace them, I don't think the closures necessarily point to that.

2. I don't really pay attention to Bob Iger, but even I don't think he's stupid enough to believe that a fanbase such as the one SW caters to would accept some subpar fireworks show or restaurant as a significant presence. He may not be everyone's favourite guy in the world, but he certainly didn't get where he is by being stupid.

3. I don't remember reading 'Its shelved'. Ive heard a lot of 'Theyre waiting until the new movies come out and Avatar is done to start building' but to each their own.

It's a news and rumours section, that's what we do is discuss news and rumours. Most people on here know who the reliable sources are and who is generally full of it. Most also know to take everything with a grain of salt as whats coming today may very well be cancelled tomorrow. Such is the life of a Disney Addict.

Personally, there isn't really any evidence to weigh either way here so I'm not what you are drawing your conclusions from. My personal belief (And this is JUST ME) is that Disney is betting a lot of money on Avatarland being huge. A huge SW announcement would instantly bury that in the backpages and probably cause many a person to put off that once in a lifetime vacation a few more years, How much money have they invested in that already? Why would you want to deflect attention away from that before it even opens?

In my mind, there is no doubt that there will be a SW presence of significant proportions in DHS in the next 10 years. There is also no doubt that a small contingent of people will be extremely disappointed when no superthriller ride is included (yet a few very popular, very family oriented rides are).

Anyway, again, all my take. Maybe Im OD'ing on the dust, but I choose to believe the positives.

HauntedMansionFLA

Me either, did I miss that somewhere?
I was thinking the same thing and didn't see any posted on here stating that. Also, your correct that any Star Wars announcement could hurt AvatarLand. I'm really looking forward time AL being added to DAK and Disney extending the parks hours into the evening. Iger is a smart guy and his contract runs through 2018. He'll have two of the three Star Wars movies out - perhaps fans will get an announcement???

Rutt

I was thinking the same thing and didn't see any posted on here stating that. Also, your correct that any Star Wars announcement could hurt AvatarLand. I'm really looking forward time AL being added to DAK and Disney extending the parks hours into the evening. Iger is a smart guy and his contract runs through 2018. He'll have two of the three Star Wars movies out - perhaps fans will get an announcement???

We can hope....
Force all of us to come again in three years time (2020-21) to explore the new SWL after blowing all our money on Avatarland in 2017-18.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom