Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Cousin Huet

AvatarLand looks like it will be pretty awesome......I don't think the popularity of the IP necessarily translate to how well it lend itself to being a great setting for a theme park environment. The fact that anyone knows Avatar will pull in a segment of people outside of the typical amusement park fan. They can essentially do a Beastly Kingdom with the inclusion of the Avatar IP and it will be a huge success. I don't need the added Ip to enjoy it but that seems to be more important nowadays as seen with what is happening at Universal where everything successful is IP driven. Unfortunately the days of Big Thunder Mountain type of original ideas are probably over and that sucks but as long as they bring good quality with these IP based ideas then I can enjoy it.

I hope we aren't going to be waiting until this AK work is done to see some progress at Hollywood studios.....they need to get with a full scale Star Wars and Pixar push asap over there. Plenty of room to do it up right too and that will really tell me where they are at on outdoing their competition as far as a philosophy goes. No reason to not work in the Monsters Inc. stuff, Radiator Springs Racers, Toy Story expansion, Star Wars area and generally plus up the park in general like they did at DCA.....which is pretty awesome now after starting off so bad. We will see but I hold out hope that they have started a slow build to really investing greatly in the parks and we are just getting started.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
AvatarLand looks like it will be pretty awesome......I don't think the popularity of the IP necessarily translate to how well it lend itself to being a great setting for a theme park environment. The fact that anyone knows Avatar will pull in a segment of people outside of the typical amusement park fan. They can essentially do a Beastly Kingdom with the inclusion of the Avatar IP and it will be a huge success. I don't need the added Ip to enjoy it but that seems to be more important nowadays as seen with what is happening at Universal where everything successful is IP driven. Unfortunately the days of Big Thunder Mountain type of original ideas are probably over and that sucks but as long as they bring good quality with these IP based ideas then I can enjoy it.

Not sure about the days of Imagineering creativity are over, just look at some of the work done on Mystic Manor for proof.

Cousin Huet

Not sure about the days of Imagineering creativity are over, just look at some of the work done on Mystic Manor for proof.
I just wish they would use that as a model for what we need here instead of just the exception. Take an idea like that and turn it into something here in the states....not an exact replica is you want it unique to there but the general idea.....with a new story. That innovation just seems lost in what is going into the parks.....the Harry Potter success has everyone at both parks convinced that all Americans want is IP heavy, screened based attractions.......my two least favorite things in the parks.....screens and lack of imagination.

raymusiccity

I just wish they would use that as a model for what we need here instead of just the exception. Take an idea like that and turn it into something here in the states....not an exact replica is you want it unique to there but the general idea.....with a new story. That innovation just seems lost in what is going into the parks.....the Harry Potter success has everyone at both parks convinced that all Americans want is IP heavy, screened based attractions.......my two least favorite things in the parks.....screens and lack of imagination.

'Clones' of any ride would be fine with me.

Not too many people around who would grouse, 'Oh, we've seen this already in Shanghai...or, Dang, we've ridden this during our last visit to Tokyo !'

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

I'm really so iffy about Avatarland. It looks gorgeous but not only is it not disney, it shows steps away from original ips. Which is underline-bold-capslocked by all the frozen and pixar stuff coming to the parks.
I have very few doubts about how it will look. I think that part of it is something we should all be encouraged by. However, I am not as optimistic on the attractions. We have a general idea of the ride system, and I fear it's not going to be that significant a step above The Simpsons Ride. There's nothing wrong with The Simpsons Ride, but I think collectively we are looking for the first E-Ticket in 9 years to be more substantial. The one piece of concept art for the boat ride looks spectacular, but it has been classified as a C-ticket. To me that means Maelstrom level (3-4 minutes) with not many moving parts. We expect bioluminescent plants and N'Avi animatronics, but how many? What level of animatronic are we looking at? If the C-ticket is at the show scene level of Radiator Springs Racers (with foliage instead of darkness) then it will be leaning towards the D-ticket level.

Hopefully a bit more clarity/excitement is built up before then.

Mike S

I have very few doubts about how it will look. I think that part of it is something we should all be encouraged by. However, I am not as optimistic on the attractions. We have a general idea of the ride system, and I fear it's not going to be that significant a step above The Simpsons Ride. There's nothing wrong with The Simpsons Ride, but I think collectively we are looking for the first E-Ticket in 9 years to be more substantial. The one piece of concept art for the boat ride looks spectacular, but it has been classified as a C-ticket. To me that means Maelstrom level (3-4 minutes) with not many moving parts. We expect bioluminescent plants and N'Avi animatronics, but how many? What level of animatronic are we looking at? If the C-ticket is at the show scene level of Radiator Springs Racers (with foliage instead of darkness) then it will be leaning towards the D-ticket level.

Hopefully a bit more clarity/excitement is built up before then.
11 years. By the time it opens it'll be 11 years since the last E Ticket (2006-2017).

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Yeah, once announced they would never change their minds hyperion wharf about something. ;)

I was told that Hyperion Wharf was stopped by management because it was not bold enough and out of that came the big and better Disney Springs concept now being built.

Moss44

Totally off subject but I found it interesting that the Mouse would allow a model for any of their promotions to have tattoos! I thought it was always the Mouse's policy that all ink had to be hidden under clothes.
Also that guy happens to be wearing a hat... Doesn't the narration state that all hats must be place in the underseat compartment?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom